I think my Climateline Air heated tube is turning off

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
pettyfan45

I think my Climateline Air heated tube is turning off

Post by pettyfan45 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:17 am

The past few nights I have woke up in the middle of the night with water in my tube and when touch the tube it is not warm like it normally is (but the screen still have the temp that my tube is set at and no hi air leaks at the tube or mask) , is this my design or should I contact my DME and have them look at the machine?

Pugsy

Re: I think my Climateline Air heated tube is turning off

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:30 am

What temperature is your hose set to?
What is the humidity set to?
What is the ambient temperature in your house?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

pettyfan45

Post by pettyfan45 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 8:41 am

Pugsy wrote:What temperature is your hose set to?
What is the humidity set to?
What is the ambient temperature in your house?
My hose temp is 86f
Humidity is at 7
And no clue what my ambient house temperature is at night but when I turn my computer on in the morning the temperature sensor on the case says about 74f

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:01 am

Trying to tell if the heated hose is working by touching the outside of the house isn't a reliable way to gauge temperature/heat because it is going to always feel a bit cool to the touch because it is cooler than our own body temp.

It's been turning cooler at night and if you have the windows open and no heat on then it's possible that the ambient air temp just dropped to a point that the 86 degrees in the hose wasn't enough to keep condensation from forming.
Though I don't have condensation issues at 86 degrees with ambient house temps in the low 60s with maximum humidity being used....so I don't know if something is wrong with your hose or not. It wouldn't be impossible though so I think I would be calling the DME and telling them what happened.
If you had told me the hose temp was set to 76 degrees I would have just suggested increasing the temp but it's already maxed out and it should do a better job of preventing condensation unless your ambient house temp is really much colder.

Now if you have the windows open in the bedroom then it's possible the ambient temp in the bedroom was just so cool the hose couldn't keep up. You are up by Kansas City if I remember right? Nighttime temps are dropping. I am down just east of Joplin and I have already had to increase my hose air temp quite a bit.

I like a cold bedroom myself so I just will either warm up the heated hose air or add a hose cozy but most of the time a hose cozy hasn't been really needed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Oct 10, 2016 9:04 am

Also double check the connection. ((I'm sure you have))

pettyfan45

Post by pettyfan45 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:17 pm

Pugsy wrote:Trying to tell if the heated hose is working by touching the outside of the house isn't a reliable way to gauge temperature/heat because it is going to always feel a bit cool to the touch because it is cooler than our own body temp.

It's been turning cooler at night and if you have the windows open and no heat on then it's possible that the ambient air temp just dropped to a point that the 86 degrees in the hose wasn't enough to keep condensation from forming.
Though I don't have condensation issues at 86 degrees with ambient house temps in the low 60s with maximum humidity being used....so I don't know if something is wrong with your hose or not. It wouldn't be impossible though so I think I would be calling the DME and telling them what happened.
If you had told me the hose temp was set to 76 degrees I would have just suggested increasing the temp but it's already maxed out and it should do a better job of preventing condensation unless your ambient house temp is really much colder.

Now if you have the windows open in the bedroom then it's possible the ambient temp in the bedroom was just so cool the hose couldn't keep up. You are up by Kansas City if I remember right? Nighttime temps are dropping. I am down just east of Joplin and I have already had to increase my hose air temp quite a bit.

I like a cold bedroom myself so I just will either warm up the heated hose air or add a hose cozy but most of the time a hose cozy hasn't been really needed.
I do live near KC and we have been closing the windows at night because it has been it has been getting cooler (I really only have my window open in late spring to early fall) though we don't have central heat anymore and I does not feel cold enough to bust out the space heater. I talked to the DME and they gave me a new tube so I will try that tonight, if that doesn't work should I look into getting a tube cover or would that damage the heating element of the tube?

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Oct 10, 2016 3:24 pm

I have use a hose cozy on my heated hose in the past. All it will do is keep the air warmer so the heating coils don't have to work so hard to keep it at whatever temp you set it at.

One of the reasons I don't use the hose cozy more is that I find the added weight on the long hose a bit annoying. Not horribly annoying but annoying because the mask I use (the ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask) is a pretty nothing mask and it doesn't take much added weight to want to try to pull it away from my face.
Since the heating coils do the trick for me even with my preferred cold bedroom temps I don't worry so much about the hose cozy but if they didn't I would use the hose cozy and just pay a little more attention to routing the hose so it doesn't pull on the mask so much.

pettyfan45

Post by pettyfan45 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 4:02 pm

Pugsy wrote:I have use a hose cozy on my heated hose in the past. All it will do is keep the air warmer so the heating coils don't have to work so hard to keep it at whatever temp you set it at.

One of the reasons I don't use the hose cozy more is that I find the added weight on the long hose a bit annoying. Not horribly annoying but annoying because the mask I use (the ResMed P10 nasal pillow mask) is a pretty nothing mask and it doesn't take much added weight to want to try to pull it away from my face.
Since the heating coils do the trick for me even with my preferred cold bedroom temps I don't worry so much about the hose cozy but if they didn't I would use the hose cozy and just pay a little more attention to routing the hose so it doesn't pull on the mask so much.
Any hose cozies you would recommend, if this the issue I am having with it only in early fall I feel like it will be spitting ice at me in the middle of winter . With me using a full face mask the weight should not be as much of an issue.