Difficulty Waking Up After Sleeping w/CPAP

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
palerider

Re: Difficulty Waking Up After Sleeping w/CPAP

Post by palerider » Mon Aug 22, 2016 5:48 pm

JimW159 wrote:[quoteJulie, she clarified that:
My husband is having trouble waking up in the morning after using the CPAP. When he wakes up he is extremely groggy and very much in a sleep like state, in fact he drifts in and out of consciousness.
That might change how you would help
I, too, am confused as to how anything in the quoted statement provided any information that could lead to anything other than a lot of questions. There is nothing about the medical or treatment modalities or their issues; nothing to help the CPAP user's acceptance of help or willingness to move vigorously towards real compliance (not simply >4 hours/night). In my mind real compliance includes the acceptance that effective treatment MUST include taking control of what will become a critical component in one's life for - probably - the rest of one's life. If one wants to continue to live, this is mandatory. There was, also, not one thing helping readers understand the environmental issues impacting the user's attitude or behavior. In short, there was zero information helping to achieve anything that could even be considered help.[/quote]
+1

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Julie

Post by Julie » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:07 pm

I read that quote as that he is being awakened by the Cpap... from 'use' of the Cpap. I did NOT read it as that he's awakening following use of Cpap. Read her orig. note!

cancun

Post by cancun » Mon Aug 22, 2016 6:31 pm

I agree with your interpretation from her original note but in her second she apologized for not being clear and changed it but I guess it didn't matter I was just trying to be helpful.