Hose management devices: worthwhile or worthless?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
yaconsult

Re: Hose management devices: worthwhile or worthless?

Post by yaconsult » Thu May 19, 2016 9:38 am

Like Michelle-OH, I use the one from Amazon for $12 and it has been perfectly adequate. If you decided you want something fancier or better looking, you can always pay more to get a fancier one. But if you don't like it, you're only out $12. http://www.amazon.com/North-American-He ... 0034CHMRU/

Having a good hose management system can make a huge difference in how well cpap works for you. It lets me turn any way I want without pulling on my mask. I think it should be included with the machine and mask as a basic part of a cpap system. It also helps protect your cpap machine by keeping it from being pulled onto the floor. Try it and let us know what you think.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu May 19, 2016 9:39 am

Sheriff Buford wrote:I use the Hose Buddy. Best cpap investment I've made.

Sheriff
Yes sir Sheriff!

But you're a user .... uh uh I mean a CPAP investor.

Awe shucks Sheriff .... you know what I mean ... you're one of us, one of the good guys.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

droder

Post by droder » Thu May 19, 2016 10:19 am

Thank you, Michelle! I figured I wasn't seeing the best representation of this community.

I was not planning on responding again until I was accused of being a DME nurse and not a true apnea patient. That infuriates me. You know absolutely nothing about me, DreamStalker, so I am going to take a moment to let you know how wrong your little know-it-all self is!! I am a very fit 47 year old who was diagnosed with severe complex sleep apnea. I did have to beg a sleep doctor to perform a sleep study because I am not the typical apnea patient. I have struggled with extreme sleep deprivation and restless leg syndrome for 20+ years and was desperate for an answer to why I struggled. (I don't choose to use my sleep deprivation as an excuse to be rude and hateful.) Now I am on the same path as all of you guys trying to figure out which mask, chin strap and other equipment works best for me to allow even the slightest bit of rest. I thought it might be nice to share something that I have found helpful in my journey.

Yes, I also happen to be a nurse. I have been for 25 years. And I am all too familiar with patients like you that are hateful and bitter.

As for the Hose Buddy being unsightly and possibly being tripped over, you obviously don't know anything at all about how it is used! So, let me educate you on that also. The base is placed under the mattress and barely peeks out above my bed pillows. And since it matches my headboard, it is barely visible. Nobody asked for you to criticize any input that was given.
CuddleCalm weighted blanket for RLS.

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Thu May 19, 2016 10:28 am

Welcome to the forum. You will find we have all kinds of people here. Some are very helpful and will give lots of valuable information if asked. However, some tend to get a little rude at times. As with any forum, you have to learn to take the good with the bad and decide what you want to read and which advice you want to follow. Some of the people who give the best advice tend to get a little gruff if you ignore the good advice given here and continue to ask the same questions over and over. So, one again, welcome. Hope you find what you are looking for.

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu May 19, 2016 10:39 am

droder wrote:snip ...

You know absolutely nothing about me, DreamStalker, ...

snip ... And I am all too familiar with patients like you that are hateful and bitter. ....

snip .... Nobody asked for you to criticize any input that was given.
Absolutely nothing? Well I knew you were a nurse, before you went and deleted your profile -- which I check anytime I respond to a new member post.

Hateful, and bitter too? About what exactly? Please tell all.

Well next time, perhaps I'll ask for your permission before commenting on the forum .... nurse Roder.
President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu May 19, 2016 12:29 pm

I imagine that my home made solution probably cuts into "somebody's" bottom line.
---dollar store swivel plant hanger . . . $2
---broken fishing pole . . . . . . . . . . . FREE
---assorted elastic bands . . . . . . . . . $1
---Duck tape . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <25 cents
If that offends, Bite me.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu May 19, 2016 12:38 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:I imagine that my home made solution probably cuts into "somebody's" bottom line.
---dollar store swivel plant hanger . . . $2
---broken fishing pole . . . . . . . . . . . FREE
---assorted elastic bands . . . . . . . . . $1
---Duck tape . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . <25 cents
If that offends, Bite me.
Dang!

I forgots to mention the duct tape. That's what keeps my mask on ... all nice, neat, uncluttered, and it's hardly noticeable.

ok ok ... I'm done commenting about neatness and stuff.
Last edited by DreamStalker on Thu May 19, 2016 6:18 pm, edited 1 time in total.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu May 19, 2016 12:45 pm

Dang, that's funny! In a not quite good way.
But funny is funny.

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Thu May 19, 2016 1:53 pm

I just tuck the hose under my arm - cheapest solution of all!

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

SewTired

Post by SewTired » Thu May 19, 2016 2:14 pm

I think it's one of those things that you need to try out to see if it works for you. I don't have a headboard and my bed backs up to a window, so the DIY version isn't going to work for me. Just waiting until I have enough stuff to get free shipping to get one to try out. I do know that some of my masks work better if the hose is over my head.

Airsense For Her; Settings: range 8-12, Airfit P10 (M)

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu May 19, 2016 2:37 pm

Michelle-OH wrote:
droder wrote:Wow... I gave my two cents which is all that was asked. I don't understand the need to be so nasty and judgmental. This was my first time with this forum and now my last. I have better things to do with my time. You people are unnecessarily rude.
Sorry you ran into that, definitely happens around here from a few, hopefully you will reconsider because there is a lot of good info. and there are a lot of people who aren't 'nasty and judgemental'. Seems like the newbies get that treatment the worst, which is unfortunate.

Wow, droder! Not sure if you paid your dues or not , but I too hope you'll stick around -- if only to pay it forward and not be 'nasty and judgemental' to new people who come here asking for help and support!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

avi123

Post by avi123 » Thu May 19, 2016 3:02 pm

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu May 19, 2016 3:13 pm

droder wrote:Wow... I gave my two cents which is all that was asked. I don't understand the need to be so nasty and judgmental. This was my first time with this forum and now my last. I have better things to do with my time. You people are unnecessarily rude.
confusion is not nasty, or judgmental.

pointing out that a little hook on the wall seems much less obtrusive than a cantilevered gantry over the bed is not unreasonable.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Thu May 19, 2016 3:17 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Michelle-OH wrote:
Sorry you ran into that, definitely happens around here from a few, hopefully you will reconsider because there is a lot of good info. and there are a lot of people who aren't 'nasty and judgemental'. Seems like the newbies get that treatment the worst, which is unfortunate.

Wow, droder! Not sure if you paid your dues or not , but I too hope you'll stick around -- if only to pay it forward and not be 'nasty and judgemental' to new people who come here asking for help and support!
Seriously? .... so nasty and judgmental?

Well you know, I have more important things to do too ... like an upcoming permaculture gig.

So I'll be so kind as to go away and leave you with nurse droder .... it takes me so much less energy!

Bye .... y'all.

As many of you forum veterans should have already been able to figure out by now ... this was a shill post from start to finish brought to you by rrusk/droder.
I really could care less what folks use for hose management ... so yeah, whatever.
Last edited by DreamStalker on Fri May 20, 2016 7:43 am, edited 3 times in total.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu May 19, 2016 3:38 pm

russk wrote:I am considering the purchase of a device that is designed to hold my tubing directly overhead and allows me to freely turn from one side to the other without problems like the tubing dislodging my mask and causing leaks.
It varies with the individual. Some find them invaluable. Others of us can figure out how to run the hose without a hangar. If you go with one, think about how you will travel with it. (And how TSA might react. )

russk wrote: Another benefit they claim is that it prevents rainout since the tube goes straight up vertically a couple feet so the condensation returns to the nachine.
There are plenty of ways to prevent rainout without a hangar -

- hose cover
- placing the machine below the top level of the mattress
- turning down the humidifier
- heated hose
- umbrella