Question re: SleepyHead and DS 960T (ASV)

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
beautifuldreamer

Question re: SleepyHead and DS 960T (ASV)

Post by beautifuldreamer » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:24 am

Last night was the first night using my new ASV, and SleepyHead says I had 0 events, and really there was not much given besides the smiley face and no events recorded. On dream mapper is basically says I had 2.6 AHI (which is much better than my previous stats with the 760 BiPAP auto that I used to have).

Is SleepyHead not yet compatible with the Respironics DS 960T (ASV)? PSR1 BiPap AutoSV Advanced-

It has been wonderful being able to use SleepyHead with my previous device
Dream Mapper doesn't give much information = just the AHI number of events and the amount of hours sleeping.

Thanks much
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: Bleep

jedimark

Re: Question re: SleepyHead and DS 960T (ASV)

Post by jedimark » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:28 pm

beautifuldreamer wrote:Last night was the first night using my new ASV, and SleepyHead says I had 0 events, and really there was not much given besides the smiley face and no events recorded. On dream mapper is basically says I had 2.6 AHI (which is much better than my previous stats with the 760 BiPAP auto that I used to have).

Is SleepyHead not yet compatible with the Respironics DS 960T (ASV)? PSR1 BiPap AutoSV Advanced-

It has been wonderful being able to use SleepyHead with my previous device
Dream Mapper doesn't give much information = just the AHI number of events and the amount of hours sleeping.

Thanks much
Hmmm.. No events is a bit weird. Sounds like event parser needs some new codes added.

Could you perhaps zip your SD card and mail me a copy so I can double check it for you?

(Eg, Create a folder on the desktop (or anywhere on your computer's hard drive), copy the contents to it off the SD card to it in finder/my computer/explorer, right click on that new folder icon, and compress/send to .zip)

You can email the .zip as an attachment to sleepyhead@[mynameonthisforum].net, or upload and send it via wetransfer.com (or any other cloud upload service like Google drive, dropbox)

It shouldn't take long to get it working if it's not already.

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 08, 2016 4:33 pm

Last edited by palerider on Sun Mar 20, 2016 7:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Tue Mar 08, 2016 5:33 pm

I use SleepyHead v 9.8.1 which reads my 960 data quite nicely.
What version are you using?

Oracle 452 Lessons Learned Updated
DSX900 AutoSV with HC150 extra humidifier and Hibernite heated hose
Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.
Sleepyhead and Encore Pro 2.21.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Tue Mar 08, 2016 7:50 pm

Thanks-

JDS74 - I am using SleepyHead version 9.5 for the Macintosh, and when I check for updates, it says there are no updates available.

jedimark, I did send a zip file of my sd card, there isn't much on it but just one night. palerider, i will also upload the zip file of my sd card to the link you provided.

If there is an updated version of SleepyHead that I should be using, please let me know where to find the updated version that is available to use.

Thanks again for all you all's help

PS - I just found the newest version of SleepyHead- 9.8 - 1, and it still says I have no events and it also has several of the graphs say Plots Disabled.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 08, 2016 9:35 pm

beautifuldreamer wrote:PS - I just found the newest version of SleepyHead- 9.8 - 1, and it still says I have no events and it also has several of the graphs say Plots Disabled.
the newest version is 1.0.0 beta.

viewtopic/t110788/SleepyHead-Development-News.html

however, at the moment, 1.0.0b won't even touch the data, hopefully Mark can do something with that in short order, and get the beta working with your machine.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Tue Mar 08, 2016 10:00 pm

palerider wrote:
beautifuldreamer wrote:PS - I just found the newest version of SleepyHead- 9.8 - 1, and it still says I have no events and it also has several of the graphs say Plots Disabled.

however, at the moment, 1.0.0b won't even touch the data, hopefully Mark can do something with that in short order, and get the beta working with your machine.
Thanks PaleRider - I saw a post below about uploading PRS1 data- and noticed the 960 was listed there- do you recommend uploading my data after a few nights worth of sleep?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Mar 08, 2016 11:54 pm

beautifuldreamer wrote:
palerider wrote:

Thanks PaleRider - I saw a post below about uploading PRS1 data- and noticed the 960 was listed there- do you recommend uploading my data after a few nights worth of sleep?
I got your data that you uploaded, I'll pm you if we need more.

usually a night or two is all we need from on person, with a variety of people and their differing settings and sleep events to give us (well, when I say "us" I mean "jedimark" since he's the data wiz and I'm just the janitor gathering it all up and organizing it for him) a good picture of the type of machine in question.

I'd removed the 960 from the list because we'd gotten enough regular 960 data for basic testing, however, your 960T is coming up as unrecognized, possibly just because of the "T" on the end, and the program isn't expecting that code.

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 12:29 am

Thanks PaleRider

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 2:41 pm

It appears that the 960T designation indicates a heated humidifier with heated tube.
960P seems to be blower only while 960HS is with heated humidifier without heated tube. I've seen a DS designation but not sure what it denotes. They are all the same blower unit.

Settings: EPAP Min-10.0, EPAP Max-17, PS Min-3, PS Max-10, Max Pressure-20, Rate-Auto, Biflex-1.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 09, 2016 4:27 pm

JDS74 wrote:It appears that the 960T designation indicates a heated humidifier with heated tube.
960P seems to be blower only while 960HS is with heated humidifier without heated tube. I've seen a DS designation but not sure what it denotes. They are all the same blower unit.
thank you for your opinion, which is not supported by the facts, sometimes, it might be better to find out correct information before posting. in this case, you seem to have confused the 960T with the 960TS ordering code.

regular 960 data properties:
ModelNumber=960P
ProductType=0x4a
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=5
FamilyVersion=1
SoftwareVersion=V2.00

960T data properties:
ModelNumber=960T
ProductType=0x63
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=5
FamilyVersion=2
SoftwareVersion=V3.50

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:11 pm

In the interest of factual accuracy:
You left out:
ModelNumber=960P
ProductType=0x4a
DataFormat=UDF
DataFormatVersion=2
Family=5
FamilyVersion=1
SoftwareVersion=V3.00

It appears as if the 960P indicates a particular revision of the main board while the 960T is a different revision.
In all cases, the blower unit, from a data file point of view, is the same as indicated by the DataFormatVerson value.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:19 pm

JDS74 wrote:In all cases, the blower unit, from a data file point of view, is the same as indicated by the DataFormatVerson value.
oh yeah? then *why* does the 960T have a different data format? *why* won't the 960T import into sleepyhead when the 960P will?

if it's the SAME, then it would WORK, and.... it doesn't.

thank you for your *incorrect* "information".

beautifuldreamer

Post by beautifuldreamer » Wed Mar 09, 2016 7:58 pm

There is only one difference that caught my attention-
Before I received my 960T, and was doing a google search for the PRS1 960 bipap auto SV advanced, is that the ones I found in the search had a pressure range from 4-25cm.
Whereas the pressure range on mine is from 4-30cm

There may be other differences in the specifications,
but that was the only one that I noticed

JDS74

Post by JDS74 » Thu Mar 10, 2016 7:38 am

palerider wrote: ... oh yeah? then *why* does the 960T have a different data format? *why* won't the 960T import into sleepyhead when the 960P will? if it's the SAME, then it would WORK, and.... it doesn't. ...
You are asking a debugging question. Without the SleepyHead source code and the software programming environment and the data files from the 960T machine, I wouldn't venture to answer that question.

JediMark has the necessary skills In both analysis and in programming to resolve this and I look forward to his doing so.
What he has done is an excellent piece of work from both points of view considering that the data file format information has not been available. My experience with a similar but quite a bit less complicated problem was developing software to connect two disparate communications networks for which I had neither communications protocol but had to rely, as he has, on a network sniffer to capture the raw communications data and then decipher the protocols. His was and is the greater challenge.