Central Apnea - Nice info

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
metsfan302

Central Apnea - Nice info

Post by metsfan302 » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:43 am

Since learning I now have Central Apnea in addition to obstructive Apnea, I thought I would share this helpful explaination of what it is, how its treated.

http://blog.soundsleephealth.com/centra ... -therapies

Additional Comments: Prior - ResMed AirCurve ASV User
This is my Orig Post "The start of my venture to find proper therapy" - http://www.cpaptalk.com/viewtopic.php?f ... &sk=t&sd=a

cybeak

Re: Central Apnea - Nice info

Post by cybeak » Thu Feb 25, 2016 9:38 am

Thank you for the link, a useful simple explanation of what is going on (or not) in my brain. Much appreciated.

Thewino

Re: Central Apnea - Nice info

Post by Thewino » Thu Feb 25, 2016 7:49 pm

Thank you as well, MetsFan. I have developed an inordinate amount of nightly Central Apneas after doing so well with my Obstructive Apnea.

Your link helps me understand it a little more but this new development is concerning and I am currently using my CPAP but severe fatigue has set in. Luckily, I am referred to a good Pulmonologist.

I have labs drawn monthly for another medical problem and recently my CO2 levels have been increased; above the normal. None of my medical team physicians has said a word about this increase but, after reading the information in your link, I am well aware of WHY I am experiencing the central Apneas. Now, I need help figuring out the the cause of the increased CO2.

Again, Thank You Much!!
TheWino
The wino and I know the joy of the ocean... J. Buffett ***Please do not take any information from my post/s as medical advice. I am simply providing personal experiences. Thank you***