Airfit P10 headgear tips

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
fissik

Re: Airfit P10 headgear tips

Post by fissik » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:28 pm

russmac wrote:I'm curious to know what a "fairly short period of time" actually is. I like the AirFit P10 a lot, but because it's so light I have worried about the headgear stretching. I've used mine for a month, and it still seems fine. Replacement headgear is at least $25 anywhere I've looked, so I sure hope it lasts a while.
Perhaps I'm an anomaly with an extremely large noggin, but I started developing the leaks about 6 weeks out.

rhodesengr

Post by rhodesengr » Mon Jan 25, 2016 12:57 pm

davep700 wrote:How do you tighten the straps?

Mine says SLEEP LAB MASK. NOT FOR RESALE. However, it looks about the same as pictured.
The one they gave me to try is like that too. In fact they actually gave me the "for her" version. The full kit men's version is allegedly on the way from the DME. I believe the full kit comes with instructions but I think i found them on the Resmed website. Spreading the split band at the back loosens and keeping the split bands closer together tightens. That is the only mode of band adjustment on the P10.

WindCpap

Post by WindCpap » Mon Jan 25, 2016 1:38 pm

You don't have to wash in hot water. You can rinse it in hot water too. I wash in warm, rinse in warm, and then put it in a coffee cup of very hot water for 15 minutes. Removes all traces of soap, and it shrinks right back. I pat it on a hand towel several times to begin the drying process before I hang it over my bedpost. I don't wring the headgear out to prevent stretching during drying.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:13 pm

mariejeanne wrote:Hubby poked new holes further up the strap and inserted the plastic bits there. By doing this he made the neoprene part last a year. I don't personally recommend that...
why not? were there problems with that approach? it sounds like a brilliant way to extend the life.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Mon Jan 25, 2016 4:16 pm

davep700 wrote:How do you tighten the straps?
do you mean beyond the spread the two to loosen, pull the two straps together to tighten? I only ask that because a lot of people don't read the included instruction packet that's on the back of the plastic package... or look at the pics on the box, or watch the video on youtube.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

fissik

Post by fissik » Mon Jan 25, 2016 7:18 pm

Excellent suggestions all! A wealth of information, as always. I washed in hot water (well, as hot as my hands would permit). I think I'll try the coffee cup idea as suggested. Last resort may make new holes. While the sleep cap is intriguing, I think of that as the last resort as I don't like wearing stocking caps even during the day.

Again, thank you all for the valuable suggestions.

russmac

Post by russmac » Tue Jan 26, 2016 7:43 am

mariejeanne wrote:
russmac wrote:It looks like I should be in good shape for a while. I have one spare headgear, and I got a deal on P10 pillows (5 for $25). Good to know.
Where did you get P10 pillows 5 for $25? Inquiring minds want to know.
1800cpap.com is where I found them.