FFM Users Please

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
~jimnsc

FFM Users Please

Post by ~jimnsc » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:00 pm

How do you folks run your air hose from your machine to your Full Face Mask? Most videos shown on CPAP DOT COM show the hose coming up from from the chest area toward the face - is that the way usually and do you secure the hose any where to the bed or your clothing in addition to the mask?

Thanks
Each new day is a gift - open it.

LSAT

Re: FFM Users Please

Post by LSAT » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:15 pm

Any way that is comfortable for you...over the top, up from the floor, across your stomach...it doesn't matter. The hose route from a FF mask is no different tan the hose from any other mask.

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:21 pm

hose hanger comes from above me on the right side and slightly behind my head
Sleeping MUCH better now

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:32 pm

Attach the hose to the headboard over your head with a light weight buggy or elastic.
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Jan 02, 2016 8:12 pm

~jimnsc wrote:Most videos shown on CPAP DOT COM show the hose coming up from from the chest area toward the face
Think about what positions you sleep in. Then place your hose in a position so that it doesn't pull on the mask.

My hose lies on my chest under the cover.
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

jimsp1

Post by jimsp1 » Sat Jan 02, 2016 9:10 pm

I just drape it over the headboard which is about 18” above the bed. The headboard is flat on top with a post at the end so the hose won't slide off. I just leave enough slack so I can sleep on either side.

wm_hess

Post by wm_hess » Sun Jan 03, 2016 12:17 am

I use the Hose Buddy hose hanger http://smile.amazon.com/Hose-Buddy-CPAP ... ose+hanger

Think of one of those iv trees that's used in a hospital. I don't have a head board on my bed, so I place the hose buddy between my mattress and bedsprings at the head of my bed, near where I sleep. I route my hose through the hose buddy and give it enough hose so it reaches my head. I can sleep on either side or my back without it tangling up with me.

I just have to remember that when I wake up I must disconnect before getting up. It's hell when I wake up with a leg cramp and try to jump out of bed without disconnecting!

-Bill

Zoopshine

Post by Zoopshine » Sun Jan 03, 2016 6:16 am

I usually have mine tucked under my right arm, with plenty of slack leading up to my face. I'm a side sleeper, so I've found this arrangement keeps the hose from pulling on my mask when I turn to my left side (I sleep on the right side of the bed). Before I go to sleep, I tend to pull almost all of the slack out of the rest of the hose and tuck it under my covers to keep it warm. Without a heated hose now that it's cool, this seems to work well to keep the hose warm. I keep the hose in the cook of my elbow because I tend to keep my hands up near my face, so I never, to my knowledge, lie on the actual hose. That pulls the hose with me when I turn to the left, and keeps it out from under my body when I turn right. Works well for me!

Experiment and see what works best for you. As has been posted before, when it comes to the hose it's less about the type of mask and more about what feels comfortable. I like to know that I've got all the slack I need to turn to either side without lying on the hose, so it's crook of the elbow for me!

Sheriff Buford

Post by Sheriff Buford » Sun Jan 03, 2016 7:07 am

I'm like hess and I use the Hose Buddy. There are also some other great ideas here and I have on occasion used them when travelling or in a pinch. Get a hose hanger system of some sorts and get that dang hose outta' the way! We cpapers have enough to mess with. If you can eliminate one of the pain-in-the-butt distractions (the hose)... then do it with glee! It will be the best cpap investment you've made! I guarantee!

Sheriff

Okie bipap

Post by Okie bipap » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:37 pm

I run my house up over my headboard

Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Jan 03, 2016 1:47 pm

Okie bipap wrote:I run my house up over my headboard
Must be a very strong headboard

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 3:11 pm

I secure my hose where it passes through an ironwork headboard so than no amount of pulling on the hose can cause the machine to come off the stand and fall to the floor. Something hanging overhead would make things look a little too much like an ICU for my tastes .

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Sun Jan 03, 2016 4:47 pm

~jimnsc wrote:How do you folks run your air hose from your machine to your Full Face Mask? Most videos shown on CPAP DOT COM show the hose coming up from from the chest area toward the face - is that the way usually and do you secure the hose any where to the bed or your clothing in addition to the mask?

Thanks
My machine is on my nightstand right next to my bed at about the same height or slightly lower. I have a 90 degree plumbing elbow on my HH tank so the hose comes directly toward me. I route my standard 6' hose directly under the covers (there's only a few inches exposed) and along my body (down and back up to my mask) to warm it up a bit (I use "passover" humidity - no heat).

No "hangers" and not much of the hose is exposed to the cool bedroom air. Pretty simple. I'm aware of where it is and usually don't pull it anywhere......but my nightstand has a raised edge around it and the CPAP is setting on thick mouse pads, so it should not be possible to pull the CPAP off the stand.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

Cannuck 1

Post by Cannuck 1 » Sun Jan 03, 2016 5:15 pm

I have my hose higher and behind my head, I screwed a hook screw into the the head board and use the Cozy hose boss hanger system to suspend the hose.
If the hose needs a little more adjustment from movement over the night the Cozy hose boss has light tension reels that allows for this small change.
Higher and behind you is a good formula for not sleeping on the hose or getting tangled.
Use what is comfortable for you.

andycole

Post by andycole » Mon Jan 04, 2016 11:51 am

like wulman, my machine is alongside of bed and I just pull most of hose under the covers. I consider myself a right-side sleeper and sometimes awaken on my stomach. Have not had any issues with mask/hose.