Sleepyhead Preferences problem and version

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AfibApnea

Sleepyhead Preferences problem and version

Post by AfibApnea » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:21 pm

Happy New Year, y'all!!

I’m very interested in implementing some of the features in Sleepyhead’s
File/Preferences window, notably:
Do not import sessions older than < insert date >
and
Combine Close Sessions
Ignore Short Sessions

but both do not seem to be working.

I’m currently running Windows 7 Pro
and using
SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 (testing)
Build Date: Oct 3 2014 17:25:56
Revision: 4595153 (master branch)
Graphics Engine: OpenGL

When I Help/Check for Updates I’m told
“No updates were found for your platform”

Should I be using another version of Sleepyhead?
PR S1 REMstar 60 Series BiPAP ASV Advanced & PR S1 with humidifier
Various Nasal masks or Nasal pillows
Software:

Sleeprider

Re: Sleepyhead Preferences problem and version

Post by Sleeprider » Sat Jan 02, 2016 6:52 pm

The do not import sessions before date, should work fine. Remember you need to check the box as well as complete the date.

The combine close sessions default is 240 minutes. What are you using?

Ignore short sessions default is 5 minutes. What are you using?

Be sure to include operating system and sleepyhead version.

jedimark

Post by jedimark » Sat Jan 02, 2016 7:00 pm

AfibApnea wrote:Happy New Year, y'all!!

I’m very interested in implementing some of the features in Sleepyhead’s
File/Preferences window, notably:
Do not import sessions older than < insert date >
and
Combine Close Sessions
Ignore Short Sessions

but both do not seem to be working.

I’m currently running Windows 7 Pro
and using
SleepyHead v0.9.8-1 (testing)
Build Date: Oct 3 2014 17:25:56
Revision: 4595153 (master branch)
Graphics Engine: OpenGL

When I Help/Check for Updates I’m told
“No updates were found for your platform”

Should I be using another version of Sleepyhead?
Hi there,

That sounds like the latest released version... there's quite a few bugs fixed since (in the codebase), but I can't remember any that affected those things.

The Do not import sessions before date is a check that drops insertion into the database for anything older that the past date... It should be working. If not, you've found a bug.

Combine Close Sessions refers to linking to the day if they are specified length apart, not merging them together... In hindsight, it's badly named. :-}
It helps naps that cross the day split time get put on the previous day... it works well on PRS1, but can be a painful issue on resmed, because of how poorly their summary data system is designed.

Ignore Short Session quite literally drops sessions of under that many minutes from being imported. You should not see sessions under that long if it's turned on.. If you do, you've found a bug.

I've been a bit out of action again the past few months... I wish I had more time, energy and concentration, so I could get more done on the next update.. :/

I will get there eventually!

Happy new Year!
/Mark

Additional Comments: CMS50D+/F Oximeter, S9 VPAP Auto/Adapt, PRS1 Auto, Intellipap Auto, SleepyHead :)
Author of the free, cross platform, open-source sleep tracking software SleepyHead.
Download http://sleepyhead.jedimark.net
Source Code http://gitlab.com/sleepyhead/sleepyhead-code

AfibApnea

Post by AfibApnea » Sat Jan 23, 2016 8:28 pm

Regardless of problems I may be experiencing, your software (Sleepyhead) is great. It’s nice going into the doctors license armed with useful information and, therefore, useful questions to ask.

I retested “Do not import sessions before date…” and it seems to be working. (I’m having difficulty knowing, when the program crashes or requires a restart whether preference changes are saved or not and whether, when the program is restarted, the preferences are reset to their defaults or the numbers I set last.
Likewise, I’m not sure which preferences each profile maintains. Does each profile retain the preferences it was originally set to or not? Etc.

If there were a methodical way of testing this, I’d be glad to go through it. Let me know.

Regardless...

My preference settings read:
  • - Combine close sessions set to 5 Minutes
    - Ignore Short Sessions set to 2 Minutes
The reason I set these preference settings this way is because I want as many indications that I had to shut the machine off (to go to the bathroom!) as possible. Even if the machine is only off for 5 minutes I want some sort of indication in the Session Times graph showing when I had to take these breaks. The information is critical to me.

I gather from what you said that my settings mean:
  • - Combine close sessions set to 5 Minutes: If sessions are further than 5 minutes apart regard them as happening on the day they occur. (In other words, if a session ends at 2350 and a new session starts at 2400, consider the new session as happening on the next day. If this is what this is supposed to mean it’s not working. All nightly sessions start at 11:00 pm and go on until 11:00am no matter how long they are. (or at least this is what the Session Times graph indicates)
    - Ignore Short Sessions set to 2 Minutes: If sessions are 2 minutes or longer they show up in the session times (and related graphs/data). Otherwise, they aren’t included in the graph or the data. This setting would seem to satisfy the bathroom break information I need. However, I’m pretty sure that I have to get up a lot more than the chart is showing. So this doesn’t seem to be working (or I am misunderstanding it) properly.
Again, when time comes for testing these please let me know.
PR S1 REMstar 60 Series BiPAP ASV Advanced & PR S1 with humidifier
Various Nasal masks or Nasal pillows
Software: