Respironics Auto, Heater Host temp goes off or down

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
snorebeard

Respironics Auto, Heater Host temp goes off or down

Post by snorebeard » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:16 pm

Have Philips Respironics 60 Series REMstar with Humidifier and heater hose. Now that its cold at night I need the heater hose, but cant get it to heat much. It seems if you have humidifier at less that 5, which I want, the setting for the heater hose resets to a lower setting to match the number of the humidifier setting. Why have two setting if the hose is going to default to the setting number for the humidifier?

Machine is System One Remstar Auto CPAP with A-Flex

Pugsy

Re: Respironics Auto, Heater Host temp goes off or down

Post by Pugsy » Wed Dec 02, 2015 2:35 pm

Where are you attempting to set the hose temperature and the humidity setting?
Are you in the clinical setup menu?

With the heated hose attached you must be in the clinical setup menu to change the humidity setting and the only choices are 1, 2 or 3....there is no "5" for humidity at all.
Once the humidity has been selected then you can select the hose air temp which do offer settings 1 through 5 for air temp.

If you are doing these above and your setting of 5 for hose air temp won't hold....try removing the SD card and see if it will hold with the SD card out of the machine.

When using the heated hose you have to set humidity in the clinical setup menu...that's the only way to get to it...then the knob on the blower can then be used to set hose air temp...or you can set air temp within the clinical setup menu. If you are doing this and it isn't holding then perhaps the equipment supplier has written different setup directions to the SD card and with the SD card inserted the machine reverts to those settings. Easy to fix...just erase the SD card if that is the case and start fresh. The machine will put back onto the SD card the data that is stored on the machine so nothing critical is lost and if you are using software then nothing is lost.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.