Best recording oximeter today

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
snorebeard

Best recording oximeter today

Post by snorebeard » Sun Nov 08, 2015 10:17 pm

I want to get a recoding oximeter now, and am looking at different ones. I would like it to easily work with Sleepyhead, since it is such a great program, but if the price or quality is better, I can ballpark time and events. Main thing is to make sure no low oxygen, since even with CPAP and/or dental device still tired during the day, See now that one even clips on the finger and attaches to the iPhone, but seems about the same as regular one.

What do people here currently recommend, and where to get it for the best price?

Thanks

Machine is System One Remstar Auto CPAP with A-Flex

ver2go

Re: Best recording oximeter today

Post by ver2go » Mon Nov 09, 2015 9:55 am

Aliexpress is going to run a promotion for 11/11/2015. You can play games and earn points for coupons. So I have my $7 off coupon ready for a CMS-50IW. It is $115.xx shipped epacket right now, so on 11/11/2015 I will apply my coupon for it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 09, 2015 10:12 am

Are you going to want to be using it fairly often on a regular basis or just randomly to make sure O2 doesn't drop?

I used the CMS 50 DPlus (the + is important) and it probably is the cheapest. It suited my needs because I knew it wouldn't be used often.
The next step up is the CMS 50 F and it costs a little more but has less wires and a time stamp thing.
Both can be used with Sleepyhead.
You can get fancier in the CMS line for more money.
Check EBay or Aliexpress for sources and pricing.
Some are from China...some are available from US sources and of course would be faster...but faster usually costs a little more.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

snorebeard

Post by snorebeard » Tue Nov 10, 2015 12:43 pm

Thanks Pugsy,

You are a great source of information and technology. I think the CMS 50 DPlus is fine for my purposes, which, since you asked are only to check once in while to make sure Oxygen levels are okay. As long at its recording and can interface with your Sleepyhead, that is all I need at this point.

I did see one interfacing with the iPhone now, pluging into the headset port, but its twice the price and reviews weren't that great. Plus, Id have to sleep with my iPhone, after getting weaned away from it for the nights If others have experience with it, they should note this.

Thanks again

Machine is System One Remstar Auto CPAP with A-Flex