Enchanter

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Julie

Enchanter

Post by Julie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:21 pm

Hi all... I wanted to let you know what's going on because however most feel about this member, he has serious personal issues and really does need a) to fix the physical ones (OSA) and b) wants to repair the personal ones, but for him it's fraught (as everything else is) with 'what ifs" and potential disasters...

He in fact feels very bad about what happened recently (with BB, etc.) and wants to apologize, and may well do so very shortly, but is (irrationally) nervous about doing it. I would very much ask you to try and understand that what happened was an outburst of huge frustration from someone who cannot express himself all the time as most others do... and after all of what went before, the outburst from his point of view was possibly inevitable... just incidentally directed at the posters who happened to be around that day.

He may sound 'normal' or rational in some posts, then not at all in others, so you label him a troll, but that's not the case. He is not a 'troll' in the accepted sense but someone with serious limitations in many areas of his life and apparently almost no personal support (or oversight) at home or otherwise. So can you please just not respond with meanness in future - if you don't approve of what he says, just ignore it. We're working (and have had some success in fact) to get his Cpap situation sorted out, and the personal ones as far as can be done here, so a little space and some 'benefit of the doubt' would be nice. He's not evil, more like a very lost soul (on various levels). And he is dealing with Apria - a company many of us have wanted to tear our hair out about.

49er

Re: Enchanter

Post by 49er » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:31 pm

Julie wrote:Hi all... I wanted to let you know what's going on because however most feel about this member, he has serious personal issues and really does need a) to fix the physical ones (OSA) and b) wants to repair the personal ones, but for him it's fraught (as everything else is) with 'what ifs" and potential disasters...

He in fact feels very bad about what happened recently (with BB, etc.) and wants to apologize, and may well do so very shortly, but is (irrationally) nervous about doing it. I would very much ask you to try and understand that what happened was an outburst of huge frustration from someone who cannot express himself all the time as most others do... and after all of what went before, the outburst from his point of view was possibly inevitable... just incidentally directed at the posters who happened to be around that day.

He may sound 'normal' or rational in some posts, then not at all in others, so you label him a troll, but that's not the case. He is not a 'troll' in the accepted sense but someone with serious limitations in many areas of his life and apparently almost no personal support (or oversight) at home or otherwise. So can you please just not respond with meanness in future - if you don't approve of what he says, just ignore it. We're working (and have had some success in fact) to get his Cpap situation sorted out, and the personal ones as far as can be done here, so a little space and some 'benefit of the doubt' would be nice. He's not evil, more like a very lost soul (on various levels). And he is dealing with Apria - a company many of us have wanted to tear our hair out about.
Thanks Julie for the update and kudos to you for what you are doing for him.

49er

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:42 pm

Good luck. Hope he gets the cpap issues sorted out.

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:47 pm

Good on you Julie! I agree, I don't think he is a troll at all. I think that limiting his channel of communication is a very good thing, focused and direct.
I think you have read him 100% correctly and I wish you and him all the best.
Sleeping MUCH better now

Bill44133

Post by Bill44133 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 2:48 pm

Julie wrote:Hi all... I wanted to let you know what's going on because however most feel about this member, he has serious personal issues and really does need a) to fix the physical ones (OSA) and b) wants to repair the personal ones, but for him it's fraught (as everything else is) with 'what ifs" and potential disasters...

Thank You and God Bless you Julie for helping this young man.

Additional Comments: Settings are IPap 23 EPap 19

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 3:27 pm

I have no illusions about being able to do much, but just don't want to not do what might be possible. If that makes sense.

herefishy

Post by herefishy » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:07 pm

Do I understand correctly, that you are communicating with him, one on one, and going to try to advocate for him with his health system? If so, you are a saint. If you can't deal directlly for him, can he give you the name of someone who can??? Now that we know a little more about his problems, we will be a lot more supportive.

Sir NoddinOff

Post by Sir NoddinOff » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:29 pm

I've never liked see 'pile-on' happening at CPAPtalk. Except for the poll-troll. That person just rankles me.

I like my ResMed AirFit F10 FFM - reasonably low leaks for my ASV therapy. I'm currently using a PR S1 AutoSV 960P Advanced. I also keep a ResMed S9 Adapt as backup. I use a heated Hibernite hose. Still rockin' with Win 7 by using GWX to stop Win 10.

Julie

Post by Julie » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:30 pm

I may or may not actually advocate.. would rather walk him through the steps to do it himself, because he's not incapable of them if they're done one at a time. I didn't know atheists could be saints though.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:38 pm

After spending much time this past weekend reading many of his posts, some dating back to April, I just knew this person was not a troll. In fact, I felt he was seriously abused by several members here. Yes, some people tried to help and were frustrated, but several others took great joy in taunting him. I noticed today that one of his posts from yesterday has been removed. I don't condone some of the language he used but could tell it came from a person who had no one in his corner, and felt he had more issues than anyone was willing to help him with.

Julie, I know from reading his threads that you will get nasty posts for attempting to advocate on his behalf. I, for one, think you are a terrific human being!
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Tue Oct 20, 2015 5:54 pm

What is this new chapter, going to be named, and what number is it? Rhetorical!!

Building a campfire, opening a can of Van Camps pork and beans, the weather here is perfect for it. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

SteveGold

Post by SteveGold » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:00 pm

herefishy wrote:Do I understand correctly, that you are communicating with him, one on one, and going to try to advocate for him with his health system? If so, you are a saint. If you can't deal directlly for him, can he give you the name of someone who can??? Now that we know a little more about his problems, we will be a lot more supportive.
+1

Thank you Julie for taking this on.

hpm08161947

Post by hpm08161947 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:04 pm

Julie wrote:I may or may not actually advocate.. would rather walk him through the steps to do it himself, because he's not incapable of them if they're done one at a time. I didn't know atheists could be saints though.
If you could get him to go to his Doctor and get a copy of his prescription, that would be a good first step. A big second step might be to get him to take a pic of the prescription and post it on here. I have noticed he has these skills.

Yes..... an atheist can be a Saint..... at least if you are a UU (Unitarian Universalist)

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Oct 20, 2015 6:08 pm

hpm08161947 wrote:
Julie wrote:I may or may not actually advocate.. would rather walk him through the steps to do it himself, because he's not incapable of them if they're done one at a time. I didn't know atheists could be saints though.
If you could get him to go to his Doctor and get a copy of his prescription, that would be a good first step. A big second step might be to get him to take a pic of the prescription and post it on here. I have noticed he has these skills.

Yes..... an atheist can be a Saint..... at least if you are a UU (Unitarian Universalist)
He has be told to do this at least a dozen times...

hpm08161947

Post by hpm08161947 » Tue Oct 20, 2015 7:10 pm

I have no doubt that he has been told this more than a dozen time, I must have told him at least 3 times. I have read the whole mess. I am just hoping that since Julie has established communication with him (Perhaps by phone?) that by some small chance he might get something done.