One Request to Johnny, Carolyn, all forum members

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Thewino

Re: One Request to Johnny, Carolyn, all forum members

Post by Thewino » Sun Aug 09, 2015 11:48 pm

True dat ala.

I can't believe how lucky I was to get the help I needed from the right person when I started my CPAP and was pretty clueless about Apneas, the equipment, and all the insurance run around. Man, I was lucky (and thankful).

If I was a newbie now, I believe I would be off to the next board after reading a couple of messages on this unreasonable toxic environment. As it is, I only pop in every now and then because of stuff exactly like this.

Why are people so grumpy and displeasing? (I fully expect sarcasm and unrealistic replies despite never having said a bad word to anyone here)

G'nite,
TheWino
The wino and I know the joy of the ocean... J. Buffett ***Please do not take any information from my post/s as medical advice. I am simply providing personal experiences. Thank you***

Morbius

Post by Morbius » Mon Aug 10, 2015 4:26 am

Thewino wrote:Why are people so grumpy and displeasing?
There's no conch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_Flies
Thewino wrote:I fully expect sarcasm and unrealistic replies despite never having said a bad word to anyone here
Well then next time, bring a conch (a far easier task than bringing a British Naval Officer).

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Mon Aug 10, 2015 8:32 am

Morbius wrote:
Thewino wrote:Why are people so grumpy and displeasing?
There's no conch:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lord_of_the_Flies
Thewino wrote:I fully expect sarcasm and unrealistic replies despite never having said a bad word to anyone here
Well then next time, bring a conch (a far easier task than bringing a British Naval Officer).
Someone smashed it into pieces.
We need an air horn.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:03 pm

I am kinda surprised that this thread is still active, but it does seem to be trying to resolve some issues. I am new to CPAP and went out to find some forums to help out, I found this one and a couple of others. One I dropped because it seemed to take 3-4 days for anyone to respond, another that I still visit that I am pretty sure is the one referred to as "over moderated". I prefer this forum, warts and all. I have received much help here from users that have been on both sides of the arguments that pop up.

I tend to ignore the arguments and sometimes just totally skip those threads. It is kind of funny how fast a post can die if it's just ignored and how fast it can turn into a flame fest when someone jumps on board. These things only flame up when it starts to be personal AND someone accepts something on the internet as being personal, both of these conditions MUST be met. This is the internet folks, nothing can really be personal. No one here actually knows anyone else. You may pour your heart and soul into subjects, but that post is not you. By responding you are not fighting the injustices of the world, you are just doing exactly what you say you don't like about them. If you join in the flame fest and thought you were different, you are wrong and are exactly like them in that instant.

I must admit that I personally am still a work in progress regarding this, I have responded when I knew I should not have. In all but one case I apologized and I should have in all cases, but that day I was just having a very bad day and I vented. It's funny but I remember the venting but do not remember who I vented at or even what it was about, I just remember that I fell short and I am still sorry about that.
Sleeping MUCH better now

Hang Fire

Post by Hang Fire » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:05 pm

PoolQ wrote:I am kinda surprised that this thread is still active

People like you (and me) keep it going.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Mon Aug 10, 2015 12:59 pm

Thewino wrote:True dat ala.

I can't believe how lucky I was to get the help I needed from the right person when I started my CPAP and was pretty clueless about Apneas, the equipment, and all the insurance run around. Man, I was lucky (and thankful).

If I was a newbie now, I believe I would be off to the next board after reading a couple of messages on this unreasonable toxic environment. As it is, I only pop in every now and then because of stuff exactly like this.

Why are people so grumpy and displeasing? (I fully expect sarcasm and unrealistic replies despite never having said a bad word to anyone here)

G'nite,
TheWino
I suspect you've never read this website.

http://www.flamewarriorsguide.com/

Everybody's in there.......somewhere.

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Aug 10, 2015 1:20 pm

Everybody?