Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
hpm08161947

Re: Forum Administrators- Do your JOB,

Post by hpm08161947 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:38 am

I have only been around a short time, but I have been around forums for a very long time - since the days of FidoNet forums.... some of which I used to run. Believe me.... for a self-moderated forum.... this is a very gentle place.

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:53 am

okay so now I have read the thread that the OP is talking about. The person that is being "protected" can handle themselves just fine, and did.

Cardsfan you are sensitive to this type of behavior and it seems it can ruin your day, I suggest you avoid it-simple. If you think someone here is only posting unhelpful bashing on here and should be banned, then click on their nick name and declare them "Foe" and you will no longer be bothered by any of their posts. If you feel that the few that do this discount everything that this forum has to offer, your input here on CPAP issues will be missed, but for your own wellbeing, depart. If you feel so strongly that you must remove your business from the company that provides this place for FREE, then that is what you must do.
Sleeping MUCH better now

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Fri Jul 31, 2015 10:54 am

Can we just give it a REST?? And get back to focusing on information and support on sleep apnea and its treatment? When on an online forum, if I do not like what I read, I ignore it. Example: when someone on this forum decides to resurrect discussion of their disbelief in homeopathy, from which I and other family members have experienced good results, do I enter into the fray? No, because I am not here to debate homeopathy. Those who choose to are free to do so, and I am not offended, it's not like I invented homeopathy. I am here to gain information on CPAP therapy and to offer assistance with that subject where I can. We are all adults and free to not read or not respond. We don't have to like everything that goes on, but I do think that each of us is responsible for taking care of ourselves.

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:23 am

+1, PLEASE
Sleeping MUCH better now

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:36 am

The forum is just fine, it's a mix of good people, sane and insane, some see it as a playground. Even while having fun, people still learn, if they want to.

We still have our "Drama Queens", string the pot, and enough spammers to feed the world.

If you can't function in our enviorment, don't. We are not here as a forum for you to dictate how we think, or do.

If you don't like us, you have three choices.

Deal with it, preferably " Silently".

Make a "Big Stink", shout, try to intimidate or bully your point across.

Take your "Ball and Go Home!" Odd's are, Your Ball is undersized, or underinflated, certainly it's scuffed, and worn from being kicked around.

Like the NFL, we have more than one ball, and the game will go on! Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Jul 31, 2015 11:38 am

"Foe", hmm, great idea. Cardsfan, goodbye!

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:26 pm

Krelvin wrote: You apparently have not seen the owners posts in the past about the forum and his goals on how he wants to keep this pretty much without lots of rules and keep it open. If you had, you would not have posted this message on the forum.
Why the user agreement then? Just curious.
Morbius, are you bored?

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jul 31, 2015 12:28 pm

grayghost4 wrote:There seems to be a similar toxin growing in both Horseradish fields and Corn fields this year!
And it is affecting the people living near it ....

I hope it does not spread state wide .... I see corn out by back window
STFU but have a nice day
Morbius, are you bored?

BlackSpinner

Post by BlackSpinner » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:06 pm

postitnote wrote:
Krelvin wrote: You apparently have not seen the owners posts in the past about the forum and his goals on how he wants to keep this pretty much without lots of rules and keep it open. If you had, you would not have posted this message on the forum.
Why the user agreement then? Just curious.

Nobody has broken it. There are just some twits who think everyone is wrong but them and want to bully everyone.

71. The lame can ride on horseback, the one-handed drive cattle. The deaf, fight and be useful. To be blind is better than to be burnt on the pyre. No one gets good from a corpse. The Havamal

grayghost4

Post by grayghost4 » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:21 pm

Urban Dictionary
Southern Tenant Farmers' Union (STFU): Large labor union, formed in Arkansas in 1934, which lobbied the federal government for better New Deal reforms.

I am not a farmer
If you're not part of the solution you're just scumming up the bottom of the beaker!

Get the Clinicians manual here : http://apneaboard.com/adjust-cpap-press ... tup-manual

PoolQ

Post by PoolQ » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:30 pm

What the OP is actually saying is that the forum owners are not paying attention to the forum and that the moderators are not competent. Why thank you for pointing that out to them, I am sure it went over well. "Forum Administrators- Do your JOB" truly this is your job to point out and decide what should and should not be done in THEIR FORUM. Priceless!
Sleeping MUCH better now

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:33 pm

Cardsfan wrote:I would like to say thank you to all the members who have sent me PM's expressing their support of my position. I am not able to thank each one personally, as there are quite a few to thank.

Wulfman...

Post by Wulfman... » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:40 pm

A few more I found:

STFU
Also found in: Encyclopedia, Wikipedia.

Acronym---Definition
STFU ------Star Trek Federation University
STFU ------Scrawny Two-Faced Underling
STFU ------Sir, That's Freakin Ugly (polite form)
STFU ------Samurai Training Finished Unsuccessfully
STFU ------Show Them Fury Unleashed
STFU ------Save the Flying Unicorns
STFU ------Short-Term Follow-Up (pharmaceutical study)
STFU ------Say, Thanks for Understanding

Or, maybe:
STFU------Smart, Talented Forum Users

Den

(5) REMstar Autos w/C-Flex & (6) REMstar Pro 2 CPAPs w/C-Flex - Pressure Setting = 14 cm.
"Passover" Humidification - ResMed Ultra Mirage FF - Encore Pro w/Card Reader & MyEncore software - Chiroflow pillow
User since 05/14/05

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:45 pm

PoolQ wrote:What the OP is actually saying is that the forum owners are not paying attention to the forum and that the moderators are not competent. Why thank you for pointing that out to them, I am sure it went over well. "Forum Administrators- Do your JOB" truly this is your job to point out and decide what should and should not be done in THEIR FORUM. Priceless!
I get what you are saying but this forum has clearly stated rules under the user agreement. Why have them if they aren't enforced? Not saying they should state this is a free-for-all but why not state this forum is NOT moderated which is clearly the case.

Something like "we will not babysit the folks who visit here but ask that you try to show the same respect that you would like from others" and "feel free to leave if things get too intense for you". Honestly it's pretty obvious what this place is like from the first few times a person posts. It's the same few that swoop down every time.

Your post just now is no better than any of those that start shit on all the threads or mine recently for that matter. It's a stand still in toxic waters I decided to build a raft which means I will be like many others here and take out all my frustrations on this list! Next time I get pissed at one of my kids I'll just come here and pick on someone instead. Sounds fair doesn't it?
Morbius, are you bored?

Cardsfan

Post by Cardsfan » Fri Jul 31, 2015 1:47 pm

So when I post the name of a competitor's business, that gets deleted immediately. Looks like the rules of the User Agreement get enforced very selectively.