Nasal Masks

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
AfibApnea

Nasal Masks

Post by AfibApnea » Tue Jun 23, 2015 10:36 pm

I prefer nasal pillows, but after a few days they hurt. (I prefer the ResMed AirFit P10 - I'll switch through the SML, MED-, and LGE pillows)

So I go back to one of my nasal masks.
I've used the F&P Eson, the ResMed Mirage, the F&P Pilaro, the ResMed Quattro Air, and now the F&P Eson

For the most part, the Eson was fine. However recently it's become a total nuisance. Every time the BiPAP ASV air push kicks in the mask leaks and somehow the leak always hits me in the eye (which for some reason, even though my eyes are closed is extremely uncomfortable), Checking my readings (in Sleepyhead) I'm surprised that it's never reported a leakage problem. However it's uncomfortable enough that sometimes, just to get a decent sleep, I'll forgo using the machine entirely.

I suspect some of this might have to do with age (by age I mean 2-3 months of usage). The rubber simply doesn't 'adhere' to my skin the way it did when the mask was new. I can tighten the straps, but after a while sleeping seems more a bondage event than fresh air.

Q1: Can anyone suggest better nasal masks?
Q2: Can anyone suggest ways to treat (do something to) my nasal mask (or face) so that it will work better?
PR S1 REMstar 60 Series BiPAP ASV Advanced & PR S1 with humidifier
Various Nasal masks or Nasal pillows
Software:

Julie

Re: Nasal Masks

Post by Julie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:08 am

Padacheek.com liners.

Post by Guest » Wed Jun 24, 2015 10:56 am

Anything that doesn't either make the mask or the straps, or the whole device larger and bulkier?????
(I was hoping maybe a gel...)

(God only knows what padacheek has devised for a nasal pillow.)

Julie

Post by Julie » Wed Jun 24, 2015 11:31 am

Have you looked at that site? The owner's a member here and designed the things for us, many of whom think they're great. You ask for help and then decide out of hand that it must not be any good.

AfibApnea

Post by AfibApnea » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:30 pm

Of course I looked at the site!

I'm just hoping there might be some solutions that lessen the imposition the device makes rather than add to it. (I can however understand how important these additions might be to those for whom strap marks constitute an unbearable imposition.)

Although I am guilty of ratcheting down the straps I would hope that no mask device would ever be designed so as to require one tightly cinch in the straps.
Software:

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Wed Jun 24, 2015 1:39 pm

Lansinoh. a little in each nostril works great using the P10.It's a lubricant for breast feeding Mom's. Walmart carries it and the price is good.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

AfibApnea

Post by AfibApnea » Wed Jun 24, 2015 9:37 pm

I'll try it with the pillows.

Are you also suggesting the Lansinoh might also work spread on the nasal mask rubber?
Software:

Bobby269

Post by Bobby269 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 8:28 am

I have only used it on the pillows. Like i said it works great.

Additional Comments: Set to Apap 14.00/20. EPR 3, Climate line hose, Oscar for Mac 1.1.0. Betta.1

avi123

Post by avi123 » Thu Jun 25, 2015 9:17 am

AfibApnea wrote:Q2: Can anyone suggest ways to treat (do something to) my nasal mask (or face) so that it will work better?
why don't you enter your equipment like any other poster?

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

AfibApnea

Post by AfibApnea » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:20 am

(like everyone else...) I HAVE ENTERED MY EQUIPMENT. (weeks ago! Why it sometimes and sometimes doesn't appear, I don't know)

If the equipment you're asking about are my masks, then see the first posting of topic "Nasal Masks"--it's all about the masks I use.
Software:

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Jun 25, 2015 11:40 am

It appears the the link for the PR S1 960 machine (I have that machine chosen now) is broken and nothing is showing up.
Software...those choices are really pertaining to back many years ago when software could easily be purchased through cpap.com...that was both Encore Pro and ResScan.
SleepyHead is not a for sale product. All the choices in the equipment menu are tied to products that cpap.com either sells now or sold in the past. So the software selection option is really useless unless someone has a really old machine and still using really old software.

The machine choice...seems to be a bug somewhere in the forum coding system since it seems to come and go.
If you want to you can just manually type it into the comments section.
The discontinued machines/products seem to have all broken links but I am surprised about the 960 being broken because it is still a currently sold model. Usually when that has happened in the past it will eventually get sorted out and return.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

AfibApnea

Post by AfibApnea » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:22 am

Sooooooooooooooo

Getting back to topic: One of the reasons I started this thread was that I was going to call my RT and ask she suggest another nasal mask for me.

Given that I've already tried the F&P Eson, the ResMed Mirage, the F&P Pilaro, the ResMed Quattro Air, and now the F&P Eson does anyone have any other nasal mask suggestions I might try (and why do you like it)?

Thanks
Software:

OkyDoky

Post by OkyDoky » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:46 am

I started with the N10 and had the leaking in the eyes. Padacheek makes a light cover for the nose part only that stopped the air in my eyes. You can use the Lansolin on your nose where it is sore and letting it dry but I don't think I would be putting on the silicone.
ResMed Aircurve 10 VAUTO EPAP 11 IPAP 15 / P10 pillows mask / Sleepyhead Software / Back up & travel machine Respironics 760

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:48 am

While I prefer nasal pillows...

I did find the PR ComfortGel Blue reasonably comfortable.

jilliansue

Post by jilliansue » Fri Jun 26, 2015 11:50 am

I use, and like, the Resmed Activa LT. The mask frame also fits Resmed's soft gel cushion. I have used the soft gel cushion too but I don't like it as much. The Activa has been my go-to mask for a few years now.