A Sincere Thank You

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tinkerbell72

A Sincere Thank You

Post by tinkerbell72 » Wed Jun 03, 2015 5:11 am

i came on here as a long shot. I needed masks and could not afford them due to job and insurance loss. Although I'm working temp, I have no insurance and could not pay the out of pocket expenses. I never realized how this would affect my sleep apnea, until my mask broke, and I couldn't contact my doctor for a new shipment

Two members sent me masks, they even paid to ship. This was not anything they had to do, but chose to do, and it couldn't have been more appreciated. One mask is a wisp and the other is a comfort gel blue. Both of these are much different from what I was used to, but guess what...they work, and I am eternally grateful.

I was diagnosed with severe obstructive sleep apnea last June. I did my sleep study in May and got my machine in June. My sleep study showed that I was waking up around 96 times an hour. My AHI was off the charts. Most days I walked around in a haze. My doctor said he didn't even know how I was able to continue going to work and school. I hadn't had a real nights sleep in probably well over a year. I wasn't getting any REM sleep. This diagnosis was crucial to me. My sleep apnea is probably weight related....and that is my biggest struggle. It's so easy for someone to talk on the outside how to get healthy, but being able to do it on the inside is totally different.

Anyway, I wanted to say thank you, specifically to Lindalpr (I hope I got the name right lol) and Postitnote. I am very appreciative and I will pay it forward

lindalrc

Re: A Sincere Thank You

Post by lindalrc » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:28 am

That is what this group is all about. We share and support. All of us need these things. Good luck to you, Tinkerbell.
Lindalrc

ZZzseekerREM

Post by ZZzseekerREM » Wed Jun 03, 2015 9:34 am

That is so refreshing to hear! Thanks for sharing.

Kerriboberri

Post by Kerriboberri » Thu Jun 04, 2015 1:00 am

Do we have a like button? I'm so happy you got the help you needed.

postitnote

Post by postitnote » Thu Jun 04, 2015 8:23 am

I'm glad they worked out for you
Morbius, are you bored?