broken Resmed S9 autoset

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Jak3099

broken Resmed S9 autoset

Post by Jak3099 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:49 pm

Hi all,

Sorry if this is a repost. I had the bad idea of washing my S9 autoset humidifier chamber with warm water and soap on Sunday night. When I plugged it in, I got numerous error messages, including failed climateline tubing and, now, humidifier failure (I don't recall the exact message.)

I called Apria for a replacement and they said they would put in an order and let me know by Tuesday whether I would have to pay out of pocket. It's the end of the business day now and no call-back. I'm already displeased with Apria; I'm thinking of getting a new Rx from my ENT doc and ordering a new CPAP machine from another provider. (As it turns out, Apria is out-of-network anyway, so I'd be saving money switching to a new company anyway).

Is that my best option here? I figured getting a new humidifier would not be worth the money, but I'm not sure.
Also, should I try out the new AirSense 10, or just stick with the S9 autoset? Thanks so much!!

FlashC4

Re: broken Resmed S9 autoset

Post by FlashC4 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 5:55 pm

How old is the machine? The S9 autoset is a good unit and if it's not that old it would definitely be cheaper to get a new humidifier for it than to get the 10.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:00 pm

Jak3099 wrote:Sorry if this is a repost. I had the bad idea of washing my S9 autoset humidifier chamber with warm water and soap on Sunday night. When I plugged it in, I got numerous error messages, including failed climateline tubing and, now, humidifier failure (I don't recall the exact message.)
you did WHAT? I'm assuming you mean the humidifier itself, not the chamber, which is removable.

you can try drying it out and see if the errors clear.
don't ever wash the machine itself again.

Last edited by palerider on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jak3099

Post by Jak3099 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:24 pm

I usually wash the removable chamber with some white vinegar or soapy water, but I had the grand idea of washing the bottom of the actual H5i humidifier

It was one of those "why did I just do that??" moments, to be sure

Demerit

Post by Demerit » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:24 pm

Unplug the power cord at the wall, machine and at power brick connection. Wait a few moments, reassemble, plug back in and turn machine on.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 21, 2015 6:59 pm

Demerit wrote:Unplug the power cord at the wall, machine and at power brick connection. Wait a few moments, reassemble, plug back in and turn machine on.
what 24-48 hours, you mean.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Jak3099

Post by Jak3099 » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:15 pm

24-48 hours? I've had it unplugged since last night, maybe it will work now!

If I use a new humidfier, will that solve the problem?

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Jul 21, 2015 7:28 pm

Jak3099 wrote:24-48 hours? I've had it unplugged since last night, maybe it will work now!

If I use a new humidfier, will that solve the problem?
maybe, but dessicant would be better. if not, secondwindcpap.com will be your friend.

and, likely.

Last edited by palerider on Tue Sep 27, 2022 5:22 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Get OSCAR

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Jul 21, 2015 8:06 pm

If it really is a dead humidifier and you are looking to buy just the S9 humidifier I think I have one that you can have for around $50. Picked it up from a local, and I think that's what I paid for it, who bailed on therapy and returned the blower but couldn't return the humidifier. Let me know and I will go look to see if I still have it or not. I might have already sold it but I thought I saw it a couple of months ago. Supposedly used a week and I don't doubt it. Looks brand new or did when I picked it up. I just don't remember if I sold my last one or not.
I had found 2 locally and snatched them up to have a spare and one for situations like this. I sold one but I might still have another one.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.