Search found 10 matches
- Sun Nov 12, 2023 7:52 pm
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Re: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
Well...I am still working on some things. For the most part, a full face mask, low pressures, taping my mouth shut, and learning to sleep on my side has cured my apnea and helped a ton with aerophagia. My Oscar data has been terrific. I would prefer to grow a short beard and have done so lately. But...
- Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:47 pm
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Re: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
To Jimbud's advice about cleaning I would add that you should have a regular replacement schedule for the P10. But I'm curious: why do you say the exhaled air goes back into the tube? It goes out into your room, right? And the air in the tube comes from the intake in your machine, right? When I put...
- Mon Sep 27, 2021 9:37 pm
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Re: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
It has been a while since I have visited. My aerophagia has gotten better, but mostly because I really dialed down the pressures. I am now at 4cm and 6cm. Interestingly, even very low pressures seem to be enough to keep me from having many apneas. I have also taped my mouth shut and wear a chin stra...
- Sat May 22, 2021 4:29 pm
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Re: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
Update: Since I figured out that my back sleeping is my main problem, I have had pretty good success with simply willing my way to not sleep on my back. I haven't had to resort to the old tennis ball in the back shirt pocket trick yet. My AHI has consistently been less than 5 as long as I keep off m...
- Mon May 10, 2021 7:21 pm
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Re: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
Last night was a good night, and didn't have a lot of events, but the events I had were all in 2 separate clusters. Camera captured me lying flat on my back, chin up when the cluster of apneas happened. So it appears positional. I previously learned that I can increase the settings to overcome the a...
- Sun May 09, 2021 10:11 am
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Re: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
Yes the machine is adjustable in 0.2 increments. @zonker Last night I dropped it from 7 cm to 6 cm and today woke up with no pain, Yayyyy! My AHI was nearly identical to the previous night, however. It is not quite enough to call it a trend, but the last 2 nights my apneas went from nothing to sever...
- Sat May 08, 2021 6:37 pm
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Re: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
Screen Shot 2021-05-08 at 6.29.54 PM.png Let's see if this works. Looks like the machine is stuck on 7 cm all the time. Here I have selected the worst hour of sleep. Lots of obstructive apneas going on here. You can see from the summary at the top that I had very few apneas the rest of the night. T...
- Sat May 08, 2021 4:17 pm
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Re: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
Yes...changing the settings is easy. Just a matter of knowing the secret handshake or combination of button pushing to get you into the clinical setup menu area. This manual is for the AirSense model and you now have the AirCurve but the secret handshake is the same for both models. https://www.res...
- Sat May 08, 2021 1:27 pm
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Re: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
Thank you for the response. And I forgot to ask if there is a way for me to hack the machine and change the settings myself? I hate to bother the doc with multiple small changes, but I guess that is why he gets the big bucks. I will do an overnight oximetry or even an entire sleep study once I think...
- Sat May 08, 2021 12:41 pm
- Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
- Topic: Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
- Replies: 24
- Views: 6442
Aerophagia is going to make me quit...
I am glad to be here at the forum and appreciate all of the good information. I will try and get to the point, but also be complete. Over the years, my sleep quality deteriorated, with multiple awakenings and non-refreshing sleep. As a family doc, I considered sleep apnea, but I am not an overweight...