Search found 16 matches

by Spidermonkey
Tue Feb 20, 2007 9:42 am
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: smart card 'vacations'
Replies: 1
Views: 1224

smart card 'vacations'

Last night I switched from APAP to CPAP to conduct an 'experiment,' and this morning there was no data vieweable on Encore Pro. I know that this happens periodically and fixes itself after a day or two (it has happened to me already). I just wanted to know if this particular time it had anything to ...
by Spidermonkey
Wed Feb 07, 2007 5:31 pm
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: Rant
Replies: 3
Views: 1273

Rant

Well, i just came from the ENT and found out that I have a deviated septum that requires surgery. So here's my beef---I started this whole process in November and had THREE sleep studies because they were unable to titrate me. The sleep doc never examined me, never looked in my nose, and didn't send...
by Spidermonkey
Tue Feb 06, 2007 3:05 pm
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: Encore Pro on a MAC--need advice
Replies: 16
Views: 3454

Mary,

I'm using Encore Pro and EPA on my Intel Mac with Parallels. It works fine.
If you are a Mac devotee (as I am), it will be well worth your while to upgrade to a new machine anyway!!

Susan

by Spidermonkey
Tue Feb 06, 2007 11:44 am
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: Missing Data-Encore Pro
Replies: 3
Views: 1061

Thanks for letting me know. Can you direct me to the thread?

Susan
by Spidermonkey
Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:44 am
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: Cold & flu season
Replies: 5
Views: 1471

Cold & flu season

What do you do when you have a cold, and use a nasal interface??

Susan
by Spidermonkey
Tue Feb 06, 2007 10:43 am
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: Missing Data-Encore Pro
Replies: 3
Views: 1061

Missing Data-Encore Pro

I have been using Encore Pro and EPA for about 10 days now. This morning when I downloaded last night's data, the only information that appeared was the number of hours. What's that all about? Everything's been working fine until now.

Susan

by Spidermonkey
Sat Feb 03, 2007 10:22 pm
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: Variable Breathing
Replies: 6
Views: 3127

re: variable breathing

That was quite an explanation! The data you posted looks like sleep lab data--certainly not anything that I could get from Encore Pro etc. I am trying to figure out my sleep efficiency--and am not sure how or if I can do that with the data extracted from my
machine.

Susan

by Spidermonkey
Thu Feb 01, 2007 5:50 am
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: Variable Breathing
Replies: 6
Views: 3127

Variable Breathing

I understand that some variable breathing is a good thing as it happend during REM sleep. Does anyone know what a reasonable range is for percentage of time spent in variable breathing?

Susan
by Spidermonkey
Tue Jan 30, 2007 5:01 pm
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: flow limitation
Replies: 5
Views: 1757

flow limitation

Can someone explain flow limitation, and what is considered an acceptable level?

Susan
by Spidermonkey
Tue Jan 30, 2007 4:48 pm
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: My Encore error
Replies: 17
Views: 3689

Just wanted to let everyone know that with James's help, i got everything working and now have three days of data. I am using Encore Pro Analyzer rather than My Encore, and it works great. I am so grateful that that he--and all of you--have been willing to help me out. My next step is getting a "tut...
by Spidermonkey
Sun Jan 28, 2007 9:12 pm
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: My Encore error
Replies: 17
Views: 3689

I am completely baffled. Nothing works. I uninstalled everything and then followed instructions to a T. The card reader is still not being recognized.
Maybe I do have a lemon--I have no idea what else to do!

Susan
by Spidermonkey
Sun Jan 28, 2007 1:42 pm
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: My Encore error
Replies: 17
Views: 3689

Thanks for the information thus far. I'm continuing to have issues, this time with the card reader itself. I have the Infineer card reader (purchased from CPAP.com). There was no driver that came with it. I downloaded the driver software from Mako-Tech.com but am still having no luck. Neither the Ma...
by Spidermonkey
Sat Jan 27, 2007 10:39 pm
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: My Encore error
Replies: 17
Views: 3689

My Encore error

I just installed Encore Pro and My Encore. I haven't yet collected any data on my smartcard. When I try to open My Encore, I get an error message stating: Unable to access the EncorePro database. MyEncore will close... Index #0 Message: SQL Server does not exist or access denied. LineNumber: 0 Sourc...
by Spidermonkey
Sat Jan 20, 2007 6:53 am
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: Remstar M series auto needs service?
Replies: 2
Views: 1219

Remstar M series auto needs service?

Two nights ago, I accessed the set up features of the machine and switched it to auto. this morning, I woke up and on removing my mask the thing started beeping and saying "service required." I re-entered set up and set it back to the original settings. At first it didn't work, but now it does. Coul...
by Spidermonkey
Thu Jan 18, 2007 7:17 pm
Forum: CPAP and Sleep Apnea Message Board
Topic: newbie with questions
Replies: 4
Views: 1078

Thank you thank you thank you

Your instructions worked, and I was also able to turn on the AHI index and leak notification. Funny the things that can make you happy.

Susan