2nd night screenshots

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
shaggyzack

2nd night screenshots

Post by shaggyzack » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:31 pm

I have read and read and read Pugsy's information, and to me these look good. Could one of the veterans here give this a look and see if I am on the right track. The first night it was obvious that I was leaking huge air, so I tightened up the mask some, and this is what I have. Thanks for your help!!!!

shaggyzack

Re: 2nd night screenshots

Post by shaggyzack » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:33 pm

Oh....This is with a S9 autoset

Thank you
A CHILD'S EYES SHOULD ALWAYS SMILE
Report Child Abuse 1-800-4A Child

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 6:53 pm

Short hours of sleep. Looks like you finally got to sleep around 3 AM. Once you got to sleep things are pretty boring and that's great.
For night number 2 on the machine...very good report.
Leaks are something we never totally beat 100% of the time.
Sometimes we win and sometimes the mask wins.
AHI is nice and low (can't get much lower anyway)..leaks are acceptable as long as they didn't wake you up a lot during the night.
You stayed below 24 L/min pretty much all night.

Looks like a change in pressure from when you first started and the 3 AM thing but doesn't look like ramp...did you have a problem at the lower pressure?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

shaggyzack

Post by shaggyzack » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:41 pm

I started to bed at 2, but fooling with that thing didn't really get situated until 3. I didn't wake up at all until 7:30, went to the sandbox and laid back down with out the mask Really didn't mean to go back to sleep but did until 9. I will do better. It was supposed to be set at 11, but when I checked it after the 1st night it was set something like 4-20. I changed it to 4-11 I think, with a ramp of 20min, but then changed it to 10 min. I just wanted to make sure it was working before I went to sleep. I'm trying to back up bed time a little at a time so now that I hopefully can sleep, I will get more.

Thank you, and thank you so much for all of your information you have posted here.

caffeinatedcfo

Post by caffeinatedcfo » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:44 pm

Nice report!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:52 pm

Using the ramp starting out at 4 cm and ramping up your starting minimum pressure may be a bit stifling to you. A lot of people would have trouble feeling like enough air is moving so if that is the case you might start the ramp pressure at 5 or 6.
Be careful...if you set the pressure 4 to 11...was this APAP mode setting?. I couldn't quite understand what you meant there. Did you mean for the maximum pressure to stop at 11 cm? It did...not that it hurt anything from the looks of the report.
What did you want to be using at the end of the ramp time? From the report it looks like something just shy of 9 cm.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

avi123

Post by avi123 » Thu Aug 08, 2013 7:56 pm

With my S9 APAP, I like to look at Stats and graphs like these to give me a more meaningful picture of my treatment:

With ResScan software,

One night Stats:

30 days Stats:

60 days Stats:

Graphs for one night:

With SleepyHead software:

One night:

Stats:

Before 3/14/2012, I used to have lousy AHIs which I attribute to my using full face masks with lots of leaks and wrong pressures set-up.

see my recent set-up and Statistics:
http://i.imgur.com/TewT8G9.png
see my recent ResScan treatment results:
http://i.imgur.com/3oia0EY.png
http://i.imgur.com/QEjvlVY.png

shaggyzack

Post by shaggyzack » Thu Aug 08, 2013 8:25 pm

Pugsy wrote:Using the ramp starting out at 4 cm and ramping up your starting minimum pressure may be a bit stifling to you. A lot of people would have trouble feeling like enough air is moving so if that is the case you might start the ramp pressure at 5 or 6.
Be careful...if you set the pressure 4 to 11...was this APAP mode setting?. I couldn't quite understand what you meant there. Did you mean for the maximum pressure to stop at 11 cm? It did...not that it hurt anything from the looks of the report.
What did you want to be using at the end of the ramp time? From the report it looks like something just shy of 9 cm.
Well, I am not really sure. My RX was for it to be set at 11 in CPAP, but it didn't come in set that way, so I assumed that was the max it needed to be set at. Yes, this is in APAP mode. It was a bit stifling to start with, which was the cause for some of being so unsettled and uncomfortable. I will change that up some tonight to see if that will help. Thanks.

Oh my Avi....that is a lot of info for me to digest right now I will d/l Rescan over the weekend and chew on that a bit. Thank you!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Aug 08, 2013 9:09 pm

Based on this data so far I don't see you needing 11 cm all night long which is what cpap mode would do.
Your report is fine just like it is.
If you find that the pressure changes are disturbing your sleep we can increase the minimum so that there's less movement with the pressure.
CPAP at 11 cm would most likely do a great job and you might need nearly that much for supine sleeping or REM stage sleep events that might need a little more pressure...see where you bumped up close to 11 cm parts of the night????

Looks like they forget to change the machine to cpap mode.. gosh, isn't that too bad. If you are happy with it in apap mode without any issues there's no need to change the max or set it to cpap mode if you don't want to.

If you feel that the ramp time makes you a bit short of breath...increase the ramp starting pressure to 5 or 6....increase your minimum pressure to where ramp will take you to about 7 cm or so and I think you will have some really nice boring reports.
Having the max at 11 cm isn't going to hurt anything unless you start seeing a bunch of prolonged time frames where you flat line against 11 and that means the machine wants to go higher for some reason. Should that happen you can increase the max to 12 or so. That would still be a nice modest range.

Now if find that your sleep isn't good and you just wake up often and can't put a finger on to why....then maybe talk about a tighter range to see if the variations in pressure are maybe a disturbing factor to your sleep. It can bother a lot of people and then there's people like me who see pressures go from 10 to 20 at various times during the night and the only way I know anything happened was when I looked at the reports the next day...slept right through all the excitement.

Doesn't look like EPR is turned on...do you want to use EPR? That's a form of exhale relief where the pressure drops 1 cm per setting to allow for more natural and comfortable exhaling....makes the whole thing so much more like normal breathing.
So this is what I would try if I was in this situation.
Turn EPR on and set it at middle of the road 2.
Set ramp to start at 5 or 6 which ever feels better to you while awake...set it for 20 minutes.
Set the minimum pressure to be reached at the end of ramp time to 7cm...
so Minimum pressure 7 cm and then set maximum to 11 if you wish or even 12 if you want to give it a little room. It won't go there if it doesn't think it has a real reason to go there.
Then see how things go,

Or if you are okay with 7 cm to start with ....turn ramp off.
Do what let's you be most comfortable at the starting of the night to make you more comfortable while awake so that sleep can come easily.
Experiment with EPR...I think you will like it because it more minims our normal breathing rhythm.
Ramp and EPR are comfort features...there for you to use to make it easier to get adjusted to all this.

All this is just minor tweaks for comfort mainly and hoping that if you are more comfortable that you go to sleep easier, stay asleep long. and just get better sleep quality.

Don't worry about doing what Avi has suggest you do...let's get you nice and comfortable with what you are doing and seeing and then get you ReScan when you are ready for it.

Save this video....watch it when yoau have time...it explains how to manage ReSScan...not the easiest of software when first tackling it and for your needs right now...it isn't going to show you anything that you can't see on SleepyHead adequately right now.
http://montfordhouse.com/cpap/resscan_tutorial/ Tutorial