Hello Forum !!!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
banshie

Hello Forum !!!

Post by banshie » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:47 am

Hello everybody!!!

Three months ago I decided to go to my doctor because of years and years of bad sleep and worst days, I was so used to that life that could not think on other way of life than creeping the whole day till the start of the night-mare with awakenings, wife suffering and wondering if I will start again to breath, headache a day, etc etc... I'm pretty sure most of you here passed trough this step...

I was diagnosed and with urgence of apnea, with 63 apneas per hour, I can´t even thought one person could have such as number of apneas per hour. On this process the hospital let me for four days a APAP machine (REMSTAR System One), I still can remember it was a thursday. Next day I discovered a new way of life, I had even dreams that night, so real dreams. Next day I was a new person, an energized man, a happy and better husband and the attentive and active father my three child have not seen in these last years. I still remember that days (from thursday to sunday) and one of the bests of my recent life. It was a test and then the doctors prescribe me the machine with a pressure of 11.0...

The machine arrived and my happiness turns into impotence, nothing works, I discovered machine was not the same, the tests were done with an AUTO CPAP and I was prescribed with a normal CPAP with 11 pressure, even with ramp I wake up all days without the mask. Some moment on the night my brain throw that thing out. Fighting with doctor I finally get the AUTO CPAP, and things get really better although still have not feel the same feelings I got those fantastic four days... Recently I bought myself a TrueBlue mask and things have improved a bit more and anyway I can tell everybody that althogh still not perfect my life has changed to better, much more better. For anyone dealing with problems on this treatment please DO NOT SURRENDER. Shamely I can say I have learned more on this forum for improving my treatment than from my doctor.

Only these words for introducing myself, share my experience and greet everybody here !!!!

Sweet greets and dreams from Spain !!!!!!

//banshie
"Somnum Gratia Somni"

DreamDiver

Re: Hello Forum !!!

Post by DreamDiver » Sat Aug 03, 2013 5:52 am

Welcome banshie

Most members of this forum are wonderful.
However, if you are the target of bullying on this forum, please consider these excellent alternative forums:
Apnea Board
Sleep Apnea Talk Forum
Free CPAP Advice

Be well,
Chris

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:07 am

Welcome to the forum Banshie.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

DoriC

Post by DoriC » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:29 pm

Welcome! I have wonderful memories of my trip to Madrid several years ago! You'll find lots of help here so ask all your questions and read all you can. Good luck.

"Do or Do Not-There Is No Try"-"Yoda"
"We are what we repeatedly do,so excellence
is not an act but a habit"-"Aristotle"
DEAR HUBBY BEGAN CPAP 9/2/08

STL Mark

Post by STL Mark » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:31 pm

Welcome to the forum.

Mode: ASVAuto, Min EPAP: 4, Max EPAP: 15, Min PS: 3, Max PS: 15, Ramp: Off - Original Titration: 18

caffeinatedcfo

Post by caffeinatedcfo » Sat Aug 03, 2013 6:47 pm

WELCOME!!!

jwerley

Post by jwerley » Sat Aug 03, 2013 8:13 pm

Hello Banshie and welcome!

"He who understands you is greater kin to you than your own brother. For even your own kindred may neither understand you nor know your true worth."
Kahlil Gibran

squid13

Post by squid13 » Sat Aug 03, 2013 9:30 pm

Welcome Banshie to the land of the hoseheads and keep us informed of your progress. Been to Spain a few times when I was in the Navy, great people and great country.

US Navy Retired 1973,AirCurve 10 ASV, Mode: ASV Auto, Min EPAP: 7.2, Max EPAP: 15.0, Min PS:4.0, Max PS: 15.0, Mask ResMed Airtouch F20, Backup: (2) AirCurve 10 ASV