SoClean?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jnk...

Re: SoClean?

Post by jnk... » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:11 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:46 pm
But, kids . . . Unscented baby wipes, dawn, vinegar, clean water--all way cheap!
Not so much my Water Pik, but I like clean exhaust vents with no minty smell.
I admit that I would no sooner try to fix a baby's scent by using a Water Pik on its unwiped exhaust vent (minty or not) than I would use a SoClean on my PAP equipment. It's just a matter of using the correct tools for the correct job.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:41 pm

jnk... wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:27 pm
My gut reaction, though, is always to cross the street to get away from spelling police, grammar police, AND wording police.
This is an example of usage of the Oxford comma when it is not necessary. Blechhh.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:50 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 2:41 pm
jnk... wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:27 pm
My gut reaction, though, is always to cross the street to get away from spelling police, grammar police, AND wording police.
This is an example of usage of the Oxford comma when it is not necessary. Blechhh.
I thought that all of Chicago's grannies use it.

http://www.chicagomanualofstyle.org/qan ... q0066.html

I would only drop it if writing for newspapers. Newsprint is more expensive than electrons. :wink:
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

Accounts to put on the foe list: Me. I often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:21 pm

Well, at least yous guys stopped talking about the, WP machine. Much more fun to talk about 'weather' or not, to use commas. :lol: :lol:
Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset for her w/humid air/heated Humidifier
Bleep/P10

BobZ

Post by BobZ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:25 pm

So is the consensus of this blog that SoCkean2 is not a viable cleaning tool? Sorry too lazy to read the entire thread. Or put another way out of 5 stars it’s a X? Or is does it vary all over the board by individual as in “ your mileage may vary”? Most reviews i checked before purchase seemed to be highly favorable like 4 out of 5 stars. Maybe I only saw biased Mfgr reviews?

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:35 pm

BobZ wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:25 pm
So is the consensus of this blog that SoCkean2 is not a viable cleaning tool? Sorry too lazy to read the entire thread. Or put another way out of 5 stars it’s a X? Or is does it vary all over the board by individual as in “ your mileage may vary”? Most reviews i checked before purchase seemed to be highly favorable like 4 out of 5 stars. Maybe I only saw biased Mfgr reviews?
Yes, a definite X. Maybe XX. When you have some time, do read through this thread. You'll get a laugh if nothing else. :)
Bleep/P10

HoseCrusher

Post by HoseCrusher » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:43 pm

During use particles of skin and oils from the skin and mucus can be passed on to your equipment. Keep in mind that this is your skin, your oils, and your mucus, so I am not sure how dangerous it is.

To "clean" this you scrub using a detergent. This gets you down to the base material. Any "germs" that may be left after cleaning can then be sanitized. Ozone can sanitize.

If you skip the cleaning and only sanitize, you end up with a microscopic thin outside coating of the "dirt" that is momentarily germ free. Once you disturb the surface, the stuff underneath mixes and you are back to running the risk of being infected with your own "dirt."

If you are immune compromised, or if the "dirt" is not only yours, it makes sense to take extra measures. Other than that you should be more concerned about your driving germs than your CPAP germs...

Lucyhere

Post by Lucyhere » Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:55 pm

Seriously?

Heavy butter on the popcorn please!
Bleep/P10

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:21 pm

BobZ wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:13 pm
Interesting comments all. I just find it ironic tot me that I buy a product to solve a problem I really don’t have and end up with a problem I was trying to avoid. Stupid me I suppose, but then if it works for others good for them!
That's a wonderful summation of the socrap machine... *lols* I love it.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:24 pm

BobZ wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:25 pm
Noclean: negative 2 stars.

For the technical view:
viewtopic/t157842/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=1 ... 9#p1210375

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

jnk...

Post by jnk... » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:27 pm

Most PAP-equipment users fall into one of three main cleaning-philosophy categories:

1. I fully and thoroughly clean my equipment every hour, on the hour, all night, every night, in order never to breathe in my own bad breath. I use UV, Ozone, and a radioactive death-ray to keep my equipment just this side of melting.

2. Normal people.

3. I may spit-shine my mask once a year or so just to get some of the dried snot off of it.

:|

Hey! I know! LET"S HAVE A POLL!!!!!!! :D :lol:

Just kidding. I would never do that.

I mean, not until this thread gets 50,000 or so views first, anyway.
-Jeff (AS10/P30i)

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:46 pm

jnk... wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 4:27 pm
and a radioactive death-ray
*adds to xmas wish list*

BobZ

Post by BobZ » Thu Apr 19, 2018 5:51 pm

Thanks all, think I’ll hop of this merry-go-round now!

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm

Lucyhere wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:55 pm
Seriously?

Real butter, if you please. :mrgreen:

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Thu Apr 19, 2018 7:42 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 6:03 pm
Lucyhere wrote:
Thu Apr 19, 2018 3:55 pm
Seriously?

Real butter, if you please. :mrgreen:
And popcorn salt! Jim

Hershey Bars, big bowl!
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire