[OT] Happy Pride Day

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
D.H.

[OT] Happy Pride Day

Post by D.H. » Sun Jun 30, 2019 5:26 pm

I want to wish everybody on this forum a happy pride day.

Miss Emerita

Re: [OT] Happy Pride Day

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun Jun 30, 2019 9:49 pm

Nice thought, D.H.!
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:18 am

No parade will take place in Nebraska.
Because . . .
Teena Brandon
Sidney Loofe
It is not safe here.

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 am

OK, I am proud to be a Canadian on this Canada Day ;)

Since 1867 this has been Canada Day.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:27 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:23 am

You guys have got a good thing going.
Congratulations!

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Jul 01, 2019 8:57 am

prodigyplace wrote:

Not sure if you recognize that this topic is about Pride Day, typically the last Sunday in June. June 30th, this year.

Or want to use it as an opportunity to recognize Canada Day and be proud of being a Canadian. I'm good with either, but don't want to be accused of hijacking a Pride topic.

Since 1982, this day (July 1st) has been Canada Day.
From 1879-1982, this day has been Dominion Day.

Anyway, happy belated Pride day, and Happy Canada Day.

Robin_Canada_flag.gif

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:43 am

OK then, I am proud I am NOT LGBTQ then.

Please visit our sponsor, CPAP.com at https://www.cpap.com/ for all your CPAP needs.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:49 am

prodigyplace wrote:

Why did you leave? I am Proud of the 2009 GMC Truck your people made for me, It's the best I ever had. I have under 13,000 miles on it, can no longer drive it but it looks good in front of the house. :wink: Jim

I too am Proud, every day, Proud to be a American, not as proud as I used to be about it, Proud of the Old America, when people had values, work ethic, the drive to make a better life for their selves, and their families, not depending for others to pay your way, thru government taxes.
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:04 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 9:43 am
OK then, I am proud I am NOT LGBTQ then.
Ditto: We will save that for D.H.!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

prodigyplace

Post by prodigyplace » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:40 am

Goofproof wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:49 am
prodigyplace wrote:

Why did you leave? I am Proud of the 2009 GMC Truck your people made for me, It's the best I ever had. I have under 13,000 miles on it, can no longer drive it but it looks good in front of the house. :wink: Jim

I too am Proud, every day, Proud to be a American, not as proud as I used to be about it, Proud of the Old America, when people had values, work ethic, the drive to make a better life for their selves, and their families, not depending for others to pay your way, thru government taxes.
Originally, school.
My wife keeps me down here and the winters are milder.
Up there I was in a big city of 3 million. Down here I have a house on 6 acres in the country.

Goofproof

Post by Goofproof » Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:46 am

prodigyplace wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 11:40 am
Goofproof wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 10:49 am
prodigyplace wrote:

Originally, school.
My wife keeps me down here and the winters are milder.
Up there I was in a big city of 3 million. Down here I have a house on 6 acres in the country.
Sounds Nice, Enjoy it! Jim

Static1

Post by Static1 » Mon Jul 01, 2019 12:53 pm

I am with you, DH! Happy Pride Day! It has been 50 years since Stonewall and we have made great progress but there is always room for improvement!

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:57 pm

Nope, my "Happy Canada Day" overrides any other day. """""HAPPY CANADA DAY"""""!!!!!
But I have a question... why does everyone have to have a parade to commemorate "their" day????? I am definitely not against anyone being LGBTQ, that is their choice, but I do disagree with having a "DAY" for it. How about a day for whatever your special ideals are. Like how about a "I like chocolate day"... I'm pretty sure that there are tons of folks that love chocolate, or how about "Beach" day, then everyone could take off work, school or whatever to go to the beach, or how about "Straight Day". Do you get my drift???? Do we need to celebrate everyone's way of life, I get it that times have changed and LGBTQ folks had to fight to be recognized and accepted by the rest of the world but why designate a day for it.???????

Now I am going to get flamed and be chastised for saying what I think...………. Hey, how about a "THINK DAY" :wink:

Proud to be a Canadian still alive and kicking on CANADA DAY 2019!!!!!

Cheers everyone
Nan
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:14 pm

nanwilson wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:57 pm
Nope, my "Happy Canada Day" overrides any other day. """""HAPPY CANADA DAY"""""!!!!!
But I have a question... why does everyone have to have a parade to commemorate "their" day????? I am definitely not against anyone being LGBTQ, that is their choice, but I do disagree with having a "DAY" for it. How about a day for whatever your special ideals are. Like how about a "I like chocolate day"... I'm pretty sure that there are tons of folks that love chocolate, or how about "Beach" day, then everyone could take off work, school or whatever to go to the beach, or how about "Straight Day". Do you get my drift???? Do we need to celebrate everyone's way of life, I get it that times have changed and LGBTQ folks had to fight to be recognized and accepted by the rest of the world but why designate a day for it.???????

Now I am going to get flamed and be chastised for saying what I think...………. Hey, how about a "THINK DAY" :wink:

Cheers everyone
Nan

For the same reason that you celebrate Canada Day, or that we celebrate Independence Day in the U.S., or that those of Irish descent celebrate St. Patrick's Day, or those of German descent in the U.S. celebrate Von Steuben Day.

nanwilson

Post by nanwilson » Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:43 pm

D.H. wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 2:14 pm
nanwilson wrote:
Mon Jul 01, 2019 1:57 pm

Cheers everyone
Nan

For the same reason that you celebrate Canada Day, or that we celebrate Independence Day in the U.S., or that those of Irish descent celebrate St. Patrick's Day, or those of German descent in the U.S. celebrate Von Steuben Day.
Excuse me..... From what you are saying you are from PRIDE.... now where is that again?????
My saying Happy Canada Day means that I live in Canada and am a proud CANADIAN. so you saying it is the same, you are dead wrong. Pride day is for the folks that consider themselves LGBDQ, it is not a country like Canada, the U.S., Ireland or Germany.....so how is it the same.
Started cpap in 2010.. still at it with great results.