Weird sound from dreamstation

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
ozzyluvshockey21

Weird sound from dreamstation

Post by ozzyluvshockey21 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:44 am

I keep getting this weird whistling/wheezing sound from my dreamstation or it might even be coming from my dreamwear ffm or headgear. It wakes me up and I can't figure out where the heck its coming from or what's causing it. I actually failed compliance due to it and have to pay for my current rental payment. So I am at the height of frustration. Anyone experience this??

Sent from my LG-H820 using Tapatalk

palerider

Re: Weird sound from dreamstation

Post by palerider » Mon Dec 10, 2018 1:38 am

ozzyluvshockey21 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 12:44 am
I keep getting this weird whistling/wheezing sound from my dreamstation or it might even be coming from my dreamwear ffm or headgear. It wakes me up and I can't figure out where the heck its coming from or what's causing it. I actually failed compliance due to it and have to pay for my current rental payment. So I am at the height of frustration. Anyone experience this??
I sold my previous Respironics machine because of the rising and falling whine it made when the user breathed...

Got a Resmed, I find it quieter.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 am

Unhook your mask from your long hose.
Stick the long hose in your mouth and seal around it with lips and mouth...yes it can be done easily.
Turn machine on...breath through the long hose....do you still hear the noise?
Doing this at least eliminates the mask as being the culprit if you still hear the noise.
Then you can go from there on how to fix it depending on results.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Bookit

Post by Bookit » Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 8:33 am
Stick the long hose in your mouth and seal around it with lips and mouth...yes it can be done easily.
Doing this at least eliminates the mask as being the culprit if you still hear the noise.
:lol: :lol: :lol:
I was helping my daughter with homework while reading this (multi-tasking) and startled her when I burst out laughing. *things a DME would never say * although maybe they should.

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 pm

Bookit wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 pm
Pugsy wrote:
I was helping my daughter with homework while reading this (multi-tasking) and startled her when I burst out laughing. *things a DME would never say * although maybe they should.
I had to read what Pugsy wrote several times....was picturing myself with the hose directly in my mouth?!? What the heck? LOL

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue Dec 11, 2018 12:05 am

Chris8243 wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 10:48 pm
was picturing myself with the hose directly in my mouth?!? What the heck? LOL
Well, that *IS* what she said.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

mbushroe

Post by mbushroe » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:28 am

Chris8243 wrote:

I had to read what Pugsy wrote several times....was picturing myself with the hose directly in my mouth?!? What the heck? LOL
Well it IS fairly easy to do :D Unless of course my mouth is unusually big :wink: . Unfortunately they don't seem to come in very many flavors.

Thumper68

Post by Thumper68 » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:50 am

Chris8243 wrote:
Bookit wrote:
Mon Dec 10, 2018 3:17 pm
Pugsy wrote:

If you do it, we need pictures :!: If there are no pictures, then it didn't happen :!:

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 8:19 am

What's so weird about my idea? Anybody actually go do it? It's easy.
I had a bunch of dental work done yesterday so can't open my mouth (which despite what some people might think :lol: ) isn't all that big.
And I just now did it....took the mask off and put my lips around the end of the hose and let the machine come on and blow.
Did it for about a minute. It let me listen for the machine noise and eliminated any mask noise or venting noise.
I can barely hear the motor of the AirSense 10 change (rev up) just a little bit with the inhale. I am using EPR so it will vary a little.
The motor noise is so faint that I had to put my ear about 6 inches from the machine to really hear it.

It's a good way to check for machine motor noise and not have potential mask noises getting in the way.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Bookit

Post by Bookit » Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:21 pm

It is a good idea, Pugsy. Please don't be offended. :D

But where else can someone get that kind of expertise except HERE? Only people who use these machines and wage the war for sleep daily would think of that.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Dec 11, 2018 4:14 pm

Bookit wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 1:21 pm
It is a good idea, Pugsy. Please don't be offended. :D
Oh...no worries...I wasn't the least bit offended but I could see some of the eye rolls directed my way from where I sit. :lol: :lol:
Wasn't from you though.

Though it was a bit weird to stick the hose in my mouth and get air that way...remember coming on 10 years with the air going only up my nose...sure felt weird going in my mouth. :lol:

D.H.

Post by D.H. » Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 pm

1) Make sure that the humidifier door is properly closed and that the tank is not checked.
2) Make sure not to overfill the reservoir. Overfilling the reservoir usually makes a banging noise, but make sure anyhow.
3) Make sure that there hose is firmly attached on both ends, and has no leaks.
4) Make sure that the mask is not allowing air out from other than the intended exhalation ports. This will take some research on your part.
5) Make sure that the machine is on a level surface.

If none of these are the problem, you might want to check if C-Flex or A-Flex are active. Either of these features lets up on the pressure slightly when you exhale. The two are minor variations of the same thing. You can set the feature to one, two, or three, or disable it completely (you'll need to go into clinical mode to change this.). Try setting it to a lower number or completely disabling it. I know I had to disable it because I found the feature to be very annoying.

Chris8243

Post by Chris8243 » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:21 am

D.H. wrote:
Tue Dec 11, 2018 7:40 pm
1) Make sure that the humidifier door is properly closed and that the tank is not checked.
2) Make sure not to overfill the reservoir. Overfilling the reservoir usually makes a banging noise, but make sure anyhow.
3) Make sure that there hose is firmly attached on both ends, and has no leaks.
4) Make sure that the mask is not allowing air out from other than the intended exhalation ports. This will take some research on your part.
5) Make sure that the machine is on a level surface.

If none of these are the problem, you might want to check if C-Flex or A-Flex are active. Either of these features lets up on the pressure slightly when you exhale. The two are minor variations of the same thing. You can set the feature to one, two, or three, or disable it completely (you'll need to go into clinical mode to change this.). Try setting it to a lower number or completely disabling it. I know I had to disable it because I found the feature to be very annoying.

Pugsy's method of checking things out is WAY more fun :D :lol:

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:56 am

Chris8243 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:21 am

we're VERY serious people here, dammit!!

people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed Dec 12, 2018 12:29 pm

zonker wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:56 am
Chris8243 wrote:
Wed Dec 12, 2018 10:21 am

we're VERY serious people here, dammit!!

Of course we are... However, don't confuse serious with solemn. :lol: :lol: :lol: