New Swift FX Bella Mask.....

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Gaga58

Re: New Swift FX Bella Mask.....

Post by Gaga58 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:39 am

Careful...this dual headgear package doesn't offer the short hose assembly that is needed. So anyone thinking of building your own Swift FX from EBay parts, we still need the short hose assembly (and some good deals can be found) as well as the nasal pillow.
Oh shoot...you're right!! Wasn't thinking...anyone trying for the first time will need the hose assembly as well as the pillows!! Glad you caught that and cleared it up!! But for those of us who already have the setup, good buy if you get both!!

ched03

Post by ched03 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:41 pm

Just got a Bella from my DME today! It actually came as accessory parts to the complete FX for her mask. It also came with a card from Resmed asking me to try it out for a few days and then do a review on the Resmed site. After completing the review, Resmed will send me a $10 gift card to Starbucks. So far it feels very comfortable, not at all how I thought it would be. I thought that it would be bothersome behind the ears but now I am not so sure. Guess I will have to see how it feels over the next couple of days. I will be sure to update it's performance on this forum after I give it a good try.

Happy Sleeping!!!

"Whatever, I don't have sleep apnea." ---This is what I was thinking when my doctor told me that he wanted me to go in for a sleep study.--- Sleep happy and Gig 'em Aggies!!!

Gaga58

Post by Gaga58 » Fri Jan 27, 2012 5:51 pm

ched03 wrote:Just got a Bella from my DME today! It actually came as accessory parts to the complete FX for her mask. It also came with a card from Resmed asking me to try it out for a few days and then do a review on the Resmed site. After completing the review, Resmed will send me a $10 gift card to Starbucks. So far it feels very comfortable, not at all how I thought it would be. I thought that it would be bothersome behind the ears but now I am not so sure. Guess I will have to see how it feels over the next couple of days. I will be sure to update it's performance on this forum after I give it a good try.

Happy Sleeping!!!
You will definitely have to keep us posted...I have to wait until March for a mask replacement, but I'm sure itching to order the one from ebay!!

tetragon

Post by tetragon » Fri Jan 27, 2012 6:03 pm

I'm waiting to hear back from me DME, as they hadn't heard of the Bella when I asked them for the assessory parts. Still, based off of my past experiences with them and my Swift FX for Her, I should have it within two weeks, if it is currently available in Canada. It's such fun over the phone, having to explain what it is I want, spell it out (need to have the name spelt correctly), and overhear the hollered conversation that suggest that they hadn't yet heard of its existence.

ems

Post by ems » Fri Jan 27, 2012 7:46 pm

So far I haven't even heard back from the DME, and I called two days ago. Hmmm... might consider changing my DME if I haven't heard back by Monday. Might just order on line.
If only the folks with sawdust for brains were as sweet and obliging and innocent as The Scarecrow! ~a friend~

diekatzepap

Post by diekatzepap » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:06 pm

It sounds interesting to me. I'm just concerned about how the loops would work if you wear earrings. I wear the same small earrings all the time and don't remove them except to clean them occasionally. I currently use the Swift FX for her and I am having the same problem with the back strap sliding up and sometimes off my head at night. I have to adjust a couple of times during the night. It would be nice to not have to. Please let us know how it works out for you. I have to wait till June before I can get a replacement mask.

SleepingUgly

Post by SleepingUgly » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:13 pm

I thought about the earrings too. I take off my "main" earrings nightly, but keep two studs in on one ear constantly.
Last edited by SleepingUgly on Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Never put your fate entirely in the hands of someone who cares less about it than you do. --Sleeping Ugly

kempo

Post by kempo » Fri Jan 27, 2012 9:28 pm

sheila1232 wrote:I paid $26.95 on Ebay from the Seller in question and this is what is had on the description:
Swift™ FX Bella Loop Accessory for use with the Resmed Swift FX Nasal Pillow System **This is an optional headgear for the Swift FX** Replaces standard FX Headgear With a fit range customized for women, it also helps increase compliance with the following features: • Packaged with optional Swift FX for Her headgear to offer two ways of wearing the mask, depending on patient’s style and comfort preferences • Exclusive Bella loops accessory offers an additional style option for patients • Exceptional softness, simplicity and stability • Flexible, fluid form that follows facial contours and user movements **Can be used on the Swift FX Nasal Pillow System, Standard & For Her** UNI-SEX
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Resmed-Bella-FX ... 35b8f1e523

RachelM

Post by RachelM » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:15 pm

I also am waiting to hear from my DME if they can get it. They had no knowledge of it. DME told me that they often find out about new masks from their clients asking about it.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Jan 27, 2012 11:48 pm

Mine is on its way. The Houston seller got a shipment in today and called to tell me that they put it in the mail today for me. I should get it Monday.

My first order from Washington state supplier is still "processing" which means they don't have it to ship yet, so likely next week before it gets shipped.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pad A Cheek
Location: Virginia, In the shadow of the Blue Ridge Mountains

Post by Pad A Cheek » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:47 am

I received the Swift FX Bella yesterday. I find that it has very soft loops behind the ears. It is still silicone straps. The fit is adjustable however unless you tuck the ends of the straps into their little wraps, they are a little bit annoying. The loops are securely attached to the barrel part and will not come loose easily. The adjustments are made with little bumps much like the top strap of the Swift FX top strap, but they are smaller and softer straps than the original Swift FX and you can adjust both the top and the bottom of the loop. It seems that the Swift FX for her may just now come with both styles and all three sizes of pillows. I do not know that as fact, it is just an observation. As far as I know pink is the color you get.

The nasal pillows are held in place pretty well with the loops. My problem seems to stem from the short hose that is attached can easily tug on the nasal pillows and change the angle of the fit enough to cause leaks. I have not used this for sleeping, just for testing with the machine running laying down on the bed. Also for me not being able to route my hose over my head always seems to bug me more than it should.
(With the nasal mask I use, the EasyFit Nasal Mask, I even put a pony tail holder around the forehead post and the long hose to hold it in an above my head position.)

All in all, I think it is a very light weight, minimal interface that will suit some people quite well. The advantage I see is that there is no back strap to slide up, and the top silicone strap of the Swift FX does not pull your hair. As far as wearing earrings to bed, I do not have that experience because I take my earrings out before going to bed.
I hope this helps a little bit for those considering this interface.

Karen

ched03

Post by ched03 » Sat Jan 28, 2012 8:28 am

Last night was my first night sleeping with the Bella accessory loops. I didn't have any more leaks with the Bella. I honestly thought I would. It was VERY comfortable. So much less bulk on my head! One of my nostrils was a little raw after waking up but it is probably because that is the side I sleep on the most. I saw that someone was wondering how it would work with earrings. I am not sure that it would be very comfortable to sleep with earrings with this mask. However, I don't think it would be comfortable to sleep with earrings period. I say, if you like your Swift FX, you will probably like the Bella. If you toss and turn a lot at night I would think that you might have a larger leak rate. I say give it a try. I will post more of my findings with this mask as use it more. Hope this helps!

"Whatever, I don't have sleep apnea." ---This is what I was thinking when my doctor told me that he wanted me to go in for a sleep study.--- Sleep happy and Gig 'em Aggies!!!

brucelegs

Post by brucelegs » Sat Jan 28, 2012 6:37 pm

Pad A Cheek wrote:I received the Swift FX Bella yesterday. I find that it has very soft loops behind the ears. It is still silicone straps. The fit is adjustable however unless you tuck the ends of the straps into their little wraps, they are a little bit annoying. The loops are securely attached to the barrel part and will not come loose easily. The adjustments are made with little bumps much like the top strap of the Swift FX top strap, but they are smaller and softer straps than the original Swift FX and you can adjust both the top and the bottom of the loop. It seems that the Swift FX for her may just now come with both styles and all three sizes of pillows. I do not know that as fact, it is just an observation. As far as I know pink is the color you get.

The nasal pillows are held in place pretty well with the loops. My problem seems to stem from the short hose that is attached can easily tug on the nasal pillows and change the angle of the fit enough to cause leaks. I have not used this for sleeping, just for testing with the machine running laying down on the bed. Also for me not being able to route my hose over my head always seems to bug me more than it should.
(With the nasal mask I use, the EasyFit Nasal Mask, I even put a pony tail holder around the forehead post and the long hose to hold it in an above my head position.)

All in all, I think it is a very light weight, minimal interface that will suit some people quite well. The advantage I see is that there is no back strap to slide up, and the top silicone strap of the Swift FX does not pull your hair. As far as wearing earrings to bed, I do not have that experience because I take my earrings out before going to bed.
I hope this helps a little bit for those considering this interface.

Karen
thanks Karen - I plan on asking my DME about this mask later in the spring. Do you think the fleece covers I have from you for my FX will fit on the Bella also? I like the softness on my pretty cheeks

"Show a little faith, there's magic in the night
You ain't a beauty, but hey you're alright
Oh and that's alright with me"

Gaga58

Post by Gaga58 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 5:57 am

I got an email from my DME and he's getting my shipment ready to go, so looks like I may have my new Bella AND my new tubing for the Sleepweaver before March...he's been awfully good to "send ahead" and then bill it at the appropriate date!! I too have earrings, small ones I never remove, so hoping it won't be a problem, but if I like this mask...heck! those earrings are out the door!!

ched03

Post by ched03 » Sun Jan 29, 2012 6:45 am

I slept using my Bella FX for the second time last night. Still very low leak rate. Like I said, that was the him that I was most concerned with when I first saw the mask. No unusual sore spots on the ears, cheeks or nose once again. I think I will wear this ask for 2 more nights and then wear my Swift FX for 4 nights just to compare and determine which one I really like. I think it will be the Bella since it has less bulk and is less restrictive. I hope these review are helping those of you considering trying this mask.