Yes, I definitely have to check in with my ENT again. I saw him about a month ago, and he said I have Estachian Tube Dysfunction. He wants to put in ear tubes and/or repair the deviated septum in my nose. There are many risks (and no guarantees) to either of those surgeries, however, so he suggested I try the neti pot first. It's been helping, but I think it did some damage this last time with the increased pressure. My neti technique is not right, though, so now I know I need to not close up one nostril while blowing the other. That was a mistake!
The pressure on my home machine is accurate--my ears got plugged up as soon as they put the mask on me in the sleep lab, too. It's just me and my sinus trouble that's causing the problem. Due to a slew of other health problems, it's not wise for me to have surgery, so I'm between a rock and a hard place, and my problem is not typical. I just wanted to get some affirmation from the forum that it's OK to wait until my ear heals before I try CPAP again. I already know in my heart I need to wait. I just don't want to give up, and lose the ground I've gained. Now I need to start all over again when I start up again and that's frustrating. God's trying to teach me lots of patience.
My primary care doc gave me the meds to prevent ear infection, but didn't have an opinion about postponing CPAP when I asked him. He said to talk to my ENT if I wasn't feeling better in a few days. So that's tomorrow. Need to call ENT. Need to be as careful as possible with my ears. Thank God my pressure isn't any higher.