Question about F & P humidifier

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JeffH

Question about F & P humidifier

Post by JeffH » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:00 pm

Does it really work better than the one that comes on the "M" series? We moved this summer and I'm getting all kinds of rainout with a hose cover and a setting of 1 on the M series humidifier. Been waking up with a nose full of water every nite since it got cold. Never let anybody tell you water boarding isn't torture.

JeffH

CRMW

Post by CRMW » Thu Nov 15, 2007 4:08 pm

A better humidifier will not decrease rainout, in fact it may make it worse as it can put more moisture in the air.

One sugestion would be to lower the CPAP to the floor (or close to it) and let the rain out go back into the humidifer.

Chris

6PtStar

Post by 6PtStar » Thu Nov 15, 2007 5:12 pm

The F&P 150 will not help rainout. I will actually put more moisture in the air if you need it and will run longer with out refilling and the chamber don't leak. The Ambient tracking is supposed to help auto adjust for changing tempertures to maintain the same setting. I found it to be a minor thing if it works at all. You can try a hose cover or go to a heated hose to stop rain out.. If you don't need so much moisture turning down the humidifier will sometimes stop the rain out. Putting it lower than the bed will also help a little.

Jerry

I still play Cowboys and Bad Guys but now I use real bullets. CAS

azaloune

Post by azaloune » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:08 pm

Jeff,

Since Oklahoma has had it's wettest year on record, that is most likely the reason for the rainout. Even in a home that never has the windows open and relys entirely on filtered air for an atmosphere, I have had to turn my humidifer down to 1/2 of what it was during Feb & March.

I don't have any idea what to tell you, except, winter is coming and that will dry out some of the humidity in the air.

Good Luck.
Azaloune

Caution! I brake for Elves, Fairies, Gnomes, Leprechauns, Unicorns, Dragons & and other invisible creatures only I can see!

Post by Guest » Fri Nov 16, 2007 3:48 pm

I have mine on the floor and never get rainout.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Fri Nov 16, 2007 5:20 pm

If hose covers or other means don't stop the rainout, the Aussie heated hose is the best answer to "rainout" that I've found. I've been using one for over three years -- love it!

Discussions about the heated hose are here;

LINKS to discussions about the Aussie heated hose - to prevent rainout
viewtopic.php?t=5305
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Fri Nov 16, 2007 8:06 pm

[quote="azaloune"]Jeff,

Since Oklahoma has had it's wettest year on record, that is most likely the reason for the rainout. Even in a home that never has the windows open and relys entirely on filtered air for an atmosphere, I have had to turn my humidifer down to 1/2 of what it was during Feb & March.

I don't have any idea what to tell you, except, winter is coming and that will dry out some of the humidity in the air.

Good Luck.
Azaloune

fredpb

Post by fredpb » Fri Nov 16, 2007 10:35 pm

I love my hose cover. It makes the hose more "comfortable". That is, it does not feel like a plastic hose, and it does not slip around as much.

But it is such a pain to put on and off for hose cleaning I have stopped using it in frustration.

Would be nice if the hose cover was wider in diameter to ease installation, and maybe stick a few more velcro straps on it.

I use a 10' hose, so it is 4' more of a pain then a regular hose .

-------------------------
Fred B.
Greenwood, SC

momadams

Post by momadams » Sat Nov 17, 2007 8:01 am

Even if you're not terribly handy, I'd suggest going to a fabric store and buying polarfleece (or check http://www.fabric.com). You can then have any diameter and length you want - just one seam needed, which could be sewn by hand.

I've noticed that when I wash my cover and hose, the cover goes on easier when it's damp.

Shari

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Sat Nov 17, 2007 9:09 am

I used to wash my hose, but pretty much quit. With the air going only one way, don't really see the point any more.

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Sat Nov 17, 2007 11:04 am

JeffH wrote:I used to wash my hose, but pretty much quit. With the air going only one way, don't really see the point any more.
Exactly.
ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435