Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
djont57

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

Post by djont57 » Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:45 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 11:17 am
djont57 wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 7:46 am
I too would like to know when the "all clear" will be issued.
Read this to feel more relaxed about your personal, vaccinated situation. -----> https://www.nytimes.com/2021/04/19/brie ... valny.html
Thanks, that was informative.

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 1:05 pm

SleepGeek wrote:
Sat Apr 17, 2021 7:39 pm

No idea how far this Barn Hunt drive will be but if it were me - out of an abundance of caution - I would not make any plans for the day after. 'Cept to plan for the worst and hope for the best.

I am told that the 2nd shot is the same dose as the first and it is considered a good thing when the body reacts following the injection.
Yeah, I'm worried about it. I can put off the drive until Thursday. But that means driving twice as far. I was going to do a three hour drive on Weds, and a three hour on Thursday.

Don't really HAVE an option on this if I can manage it.

I got thrown out of a Hunt in January after I dislocated a finger and had to go to an ER. It was automatically assumed I had been exposed to Covid, and therefore could not participate. Which meant I had to cancel the one the next week because it wasn't 14 days since my so-called "exposure." (I asked the personnel at the ER if I had possibly been exposed, and did I need to quarantine, and they said, "No!" but the decision had been made by the club.)

Harper didn't do well at the last one.

This is our last chance until autumn to get the two legs he needs for his X4 title.

Mind, I will not be stupid about this. If I am really feeling ill, we will cancel. But I sure as Hades do not want to.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:40 pm

Kira, your dog will forgive you. They're amazing at that.
We all have to make sacrifices for the common good.
Even our sweet, innocent furbabies.

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:14 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:40 pm
Harper will forgive me. He already has. During February's cold snap, and continuing with rising water in the Mississippi, we have been invaded by wild rats.

We could hear them in the walls. They evaded the traps. My pet rats screamed at them. Harper determined they had to come out, cross the hall to the main bath to get water... and lay in wait. Snap, snap, snap, snap. Four dead. Number Five, another hall rat. Number Six, he brought me in the computer room. Number Seven, he laid out neatly for me on my pillow. (I changed the pillow case.) I was sitting on the bed, putting on my shoes, and he went shooting down the hall. I heard scrabble-scratch-scrabble and dashed after him, and there was a dead rat. Numbers Eight, Nine, and Ten holed up in a room the dogs aren't allowed in. Harper got in and took them out. Eleven and Twelve were two more hall rats. We think that's all.

Now if he'll just translate all that real world experience to the sport, where rats are not harmed.

Beastie, 2008-10-28. NEW Beastie, PRS1 960, 2014-05-14. NEWER Beastie, Dream Station ASV, 2017-10-17. PadaCheek Hosecover. Homemade Brandy Keg Chin Support. TapPap Mask.
Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:32 pm

My, my good job.... what kind of dogs are they?
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm

WORKING dogs, apparently.
And good dogs they are.

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:43 pm

SleepGeek wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:32 pm
My, my good job.... what kind of dogs are they?
One standard longhaired Dachshund, full name Grand Champion Champion Koradox A Guinness-n-Harp of Pramada, Master Barn Hunt Champion X3, aka, the Master Harper, or Harper. I'd post a pic but I don't remember how to in this forum. Beauty, Brains, and a Nose.

Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Mon Apr 19, 2021 9:48 pm

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 8:08 pm
WORKING dogs, apparently.
And good dogs they are.
Babette Beagle doesn't care. She trained my pet rats to throw her rat chow. Or they invented a game to justify it. I'm not sure which.

Harper Dachs is the primary Hunter.

Although the time a Grandfather Possum made the error of crossing our yard on the way the ravage my back door neighbor's veggie garden, wisht! The two of them tag-teamed it, with Babette striking high and Harper striking low, and the Possum did not survive. (My neighbor was grateful.)

Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

Ted Cpap

Post by Ted Cpap » Tue Apr 20, 2021 5:31 am

Wife and I got our 1st doses Sat. 👍💉

Kiralynx

Post by Kiralynx » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:00 pm

The deed is done.

We are House Pfizer.

Min PS = 4, Max PS = 8
Epap Range = 6 - 7.5

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:55 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Fri Apr 16, 2021 3:04 pm
Had my first shot of Pfizer this morning.

I'm in Ontario, Canada is light years behind the US in vaccine acquisition. One of the strategies being used to address vaccine shortage is to expand the time frame between the first and second dose. The thought being; it's better for the population to have a greater population with a single shot and partial immunity, than considerably less with both shots.

The recommended days between first and second dose for Pfizer is 21 days, my second shot is scheduled for August 6. 112 days.

As much as I'd like to receive the shots on the tested schedule, the fact is, had they been following the schedule, I would not have received my first shot yet.

So, who am I to complain.
Ms. Dog Slobber received her first shot of the AstraZeneca vaccine today.

Her second shot is scheduled on or about August 5 ( 107 days)

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:11 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:55 pm
This longer between-doses interval may make all the vaccines more effective. All the manufacturers are studying the intervals.

The shorter intervals were chosen for the trials due to the urgency. The shorter the interval, the quicker the trial (according to Dr. Obvious).
"It's not the number of breaths we take, it's the number of moments that take our breath away."

zonker

Post by zonker » Wed Apr 21, 2021 12:03 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Wed Apr 21, 2021 11:11 am
Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Apr 20, 2021 6:55 pm
This longer between-doses interval may make all the vaccines more effective. All the manufacturers are studying the intervals.

The shorter intervals were chosen for the trials due to the urgency. The shorter the interval, the quicker the trial (according to Dr. Obvious).
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

SDBud

Post by SDBud » Wed Apr 21, 2021 6:43 pm

Kiralynx wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 5:14 pm
chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Apr 19, 2021 3:40 pm
Harper will forgive me. He already has. During February's cold snap, and continuing with rising water in the Mississippi, we have been invaded by wild rats.

We could hear them in the walls. They evaded the traps. My pet rats screamed at them. Harper determined they had to come out, cross the hall to the main bath to get water... and lay in wait. Snap, snap, snap, snap. Four dead. Number Five, another hall rat. Number Six, he brought me in the computer room. Number Seven, he laid out neatly for me on my pillow. (I changed the pillow case.) I was sitting on the bed, putting on my shoes, and he went shooting down the hall. I heard scrabble-scratch-scrabble and dashed after him, and there was a dead rat. Numbers Eight, Nine, and Ten holed up in a room the dogs aren't allowed in. Harper got in and took them out. Eleven and Twelve were two more hall rats. We think that's all.

Now if he'll just translate all that real world experience to the sport, where rats are not harmed.
WOW! Had a similar experience here, but it was a hole in the outside wall that the landlord did for a plumbing fix, but never repaired. Once the rats found it, it was party time, and my food and electronics took the brunt of their fun. Traps and poison had little effect, AS did my cat. Ultrasonic device once the hole was sealed was the final needed solution.

But back on topic, got my 2nd shot today, so I'll be fully safe in 2 more weeks.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:35 pm

I had my appointment at 12:30 pm at my local Costco for my second vaccination (Moderna). Yay for me not chickening out. On the way home I picked up some 7UP for the possible nausea, also when I went grocery shopping earlier this week, I picked up two very easy meals to make for tonight and tomorrow just to keep things simple. My neighbor is going to help me walk my dog tonight and tomorrow if I feel like utter crap side effects wise.
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **