Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
zonker

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt?

Post by zonker » Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:11 pm

kbh209 wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 3:35 pm
I had my appointment at 12:30 pm at my local Costco for my second vaccination (Moderna). Yay for me not chickening out. On the way home I picked up some 7UP for the possible nausea, also when I went grocery shopping earlier this week, I picked up two very easy meals to make for tonight and tomorrow just to keep things simple. My neighbor is going to help me walk my dog tonight and tomorrow if I feel like utter crap side effects wise.
good planning.

let us know how it went.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:10 am

kbh209 wrote:
On the way home I picked up some 7UP for the possible nausea
And in case there is no nausea, pick up some white rum to go with the 7 UP.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:12 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 7:10 am
kbh209 wrote:
On the way home I picked up some 7UP for the possible nausea
And in case there is no nausea, pick up some white rum to go with the 7 UP.
Nice, planning ahead is the secret to happiness.
Also, a reminder: Stop by Krispy Kreme for your free doughnut--
Show them your vaccine card, and you can get one a day for the rest of the year.
The freebie is only a plain glazed, but as long as you are there, buy your fave and share the freebie.

KingSnore

Post by KingSnore » Sat Apr 24, 2021 1:17 pm

Got the scheduling email just now and scheduled the 2nd dose for 4/29 :)

colomom

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt

Post by colomom » Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 pm

I got my second dose of Moderna on Thursday, i felt pretty crummy for about 24 hours after the second shot. My hubby and son both got Pfizer, they both had some chills and other mild symptoms after their second shot. My parents/ step parents got Pfizer and J & J, none of them felt any symptoms.
My husband and I are in our 40s, our son is 19, and my parents range from 70-80. My family seemed to have symptoms that matched the trial data; temporary symptoms for those of us who are under 50, fewer symptoms for those in their golden years.

Even though I felt a little under the weather for a day, I’m so grateful to have been able to get the vaccine. The same day I got my second shot and was feeling a little under the weather a former coworker of my husbands who turns out had COVID went into the ER and was told his O2 was 50. He is a strong, healthy, vibrant man in his 40s and after contracting this horrible virus he is now in the hospital fighting for his life.

Like so many of us I’ve lost a couple of people I cared about to this horrible virus, and I know others who have “recovered” but are still suffering.

Even for those of us who may feel a few negative, temporary symptoms after getting the vaccine it’s so much better than taking you chances with COVID.

kbh209

Post by kbh209 » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:05 pm

zonker wrote:
Fri Apr 23, 2021 6:11 pm
kbh209 wrote:
I had my appointment at 12:30 pm at my local Costco for my second vaccination (Moderna). Yay for me not chickening out. On the way home I picked up some 7UP for the possible nausea, also when I went grocery shopping earlier this week, I picked up two very easy meals to make for tonight and tomorrow just to keep things simple. My neighbor is going to help me walk my dog tonight and tomorrow if I feel like utter crap side effects wise.
good planning.

let us know how it went.
I had maybe a slight temperature a few hours after my shot. Other than that I've been good.

@ChunkyFrog: You bet your bippy I'm going to Krispy Kreme this week to get a free doughnut. I just have to call my local location to see when they have the "hot light " on :mrgreen:
Phillips Dreamstation 2 Auto CPAP with Humidifier **

SDBud

Re: Have you had a COVID-19 Vaccine or have an appt

Post by SDBud » Sun Apr 25, 2021 1:43 pm

colomom wrote:
Sat Apr 24, 2021 9:31 pm

Even though I felt a little under the weather for a day, I’m so grateful to have been able to get the vaccine.
I had what I call 'pre cold' feelings, not sick, but just feeling like my immune system was working overtime, for both doses.

Nothing I couldn't easily handle, and it took me over 2 months to actually GET the appointments, so no way was I going to miss them.
Airsense 10 Autoset
AirTouch and AirFit F10 masks
:roll:

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:09 pm

I had my second shot Saturday. On Sunday I felt achey, chilled and fatigued so I took it easy for the day. I think I was running a low grade fever but my new digital thermometer keeps reading 96 point something when I'm well, so when it was 97.5 was that a low grade temp for me??? Who knows. I do know at around 5 p.m. Sunday (24 hours after the shot) I did get up to 101.8. But that only lasted an hour or so, and after dinner I started to feel human again.

I had Pfizer. My husband and daughters had Moderna and seemed to have felt a lot worse after the second one than I did. My husband could not lift his arm past his shoulder height the next day. My arm isn't even that sore, except I noticed some swelling and pain in my axillary lymph nodes on both sides. I looked it up and it happens in about 20% of people--it means my immune system is working. They are recommending that women not get mammograms for about 4 weeks after the vaccination for this reason.

I am so thankful to have this done and over with (until the next booster).
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

colomom

Post by colomom » Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:51 pm

Janknitz wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:09 pm
I had Pfizer. My husband and daughters had Moderna and seemed to have felt a lot worse after the second one than I did. My husband could not lift his arm past his shoulder height the next day. My arm isn't even that sore, except I noticed some swelling and pain in my axillary lymph nodes on both sides.
Similarly in my family the reaction to Moderna seemed a bit worse (my husband and son got Pfizer, I got Moderna). After the second shot my hubby and son had some chills, fatigue, and a bit of a sore arm while I had every typical full blown flu symptom and could barely lift my arm for about 24 hours.
It seems that a slightly worse reaction to Moderna than Pfizer isn’t unique to our families.
https://jamanetwork.com/journals/jama/f ... le/2778441

Moderna was the vaccine that was available in my area when I finally became eligible (my husband and son were eligible earlier than I was). Even though I felt sick for 24 hours I’m glad I got the Moderna vaccine since it was what was first available me, feeling like I had a 24 hour flu bug is nothing compared to COVID.
That said, in the future if both Pfizer and Moderna are available to me, I’ll likely go with Pfizer because it seems to have a few less side effects.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Apr 27, 2021 6:40 am

Janknitz wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 8:09 pm
I think I was running a low grade fever but my new digital thermometer keeps reading 96 point something when I'm well, so when it was 97.5 was that a low grade temp for me???
I count anything above what is normal for me as a fever. Your normal is 96 something so when you have 97 something it is a low grade fever FOR YOU.
Now the medical profession won't blink an eye or really care because they use 98.6 as "normal" for everyone....but like always there's that YMMV sticker even with "normal" temps.

My normal is 97.6...and it's been that way for years and years. If I feel feverish and check it and it's 98.6...I have something going on. It's not going to get anyone excited but it will make me feel like crap for sure.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Janknitz

Post by Janknitz » Tue Apr 27, 2021 1:04 pm

I count anything above what is normal for me as a fever. Your normal is 96 something so when you have 97 something it is a low grade fever FOR YOU.
Now the medical profession won't blink an eye or really care because they use 98.6 as "normal" for everyone....but like always there's that YMMV sticker even with "normal" temps.
Shortly after we joined Kaiser (I went to Kaiser kicking and screaming) my daughter who was 3 at the time woke up and refused to walk. I called Kaiser and had to go through one of their gatekeeper interrogations. I explained that my daughter suddenly couldn't walk. But first they had to ask me a litany of questions.

Kaiser: Does she have a fever?
Me: No, not really, it was 99 yesterday.
K:99 is not a fever.
M: I don't care if it's a fever or not, she CANNOT WALK.
K: We don't have children come in with a temperature of 99 degrees.
M: My daughter suddenly cannot walk.
K: You shouldn't even treat 99 degrees
M: My daughter CANNOT WALK.
K: Did she have a sore throat?
(not really, but I said yes)
K: OK let's get her in to see Dr. X

:roll: :roll: :roll:

She had a post-viral myalgia. It went away on it's own. But GEEEEZ!!!!
What you need to know before you meet your DME http://tinyurl.com/2arffqx
Taming the Mirage Quattro http://tinyurl.com/2ft3lh8
Swift FX Fitting Guide http://tinyurl.com/22ur9ts
Don't Pay that Upcharge! http://tinyurl.com/2ck48rm

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Wed Apr 28, 2021 12:56 pm

colomom wrote:
Mon Apr 26, 2021 9:51 pm
That said, in the future if both Pfizer and Moderna are available to me, I’ll likely go with Pfizer because it seems to have a few less side effects.
Each dose of Pfizer’s contains 30 micrograms of vaccine. Moderna went with a much larger dose of vaccine, 100 micrograms. It means the company is using a little more than three times as much vaccine per person as Pfizer is. I wonder if this is the reason for the greater reactogenicity of Moderna? I don't see this being discussed by medical researchers. However, the FDA has asked Moderna to run trials at lower doses.

CPAPinCAL

Post by CPAPinCAL » Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:06 pm

I got my JnJ three weeks ago. Very pro-vax. Having said that, it is going to be interesting to see where this goes... which vax is most effective, which one confers immunity the longest, etc. I have no medical training (unlike apparently 95% of Twitter) but I cannot see a way this doesn't become an annual vax. It seems way too endemic now. 54 years old, felt a little loopy and blah 12 hours after the shot and woke up the next day like nothing had happened. Couldn't even tell where the injection had been.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Thu Apr 29, 2021 6:12 am

CPAPinCAL wrote:
Wed Apr 28, 2021 8:06 pm
I cannot see a way this doesn't become an annual vax.
And this is based on what? Your Twitter research?

Arlene1963

Post by Arlene1963 » Fri Apr 30, 2021 3:18 am

I got my first shot yesterday afternoon.
Moderna.
Very sore arm overnight and it is pretty sore now. I don't care I am so happy to have had my first dose I could just dance!
Our schedule is 16 weeks to the next one, so I am booked for August 16. for my second shot.

A few months ago I thought we would only be offered a first vaccine in July so this has come as a huge relief.

My husband's reaction to his jab of AZ just over three weeks ago was typical. Felt feverish, not at all well about a day after the shot. Cleared up after about 48 hours.

My husband makes me laugh because there is definitely some vaccine snobbery going on, he says by taking AZ he got the Ford Pinto. Oh well, so did our PM and many politicians, so he is in excellent (?) company!

We are making progress here in Ottawa. Almost all my friends have received their first dose. One of my friends has oddly turned into an ardent Covid19 "denier" and anti-vaxxer. We speak less and less frequently as a result. That kind of BS just irritates the crap out of me and she finds it very awkward considering what happened to my family.