Do I detach So Clean 2 black tube before using CPAP?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
TeamKim

Do I detach So Clean 2 black tube before using CPAP?

Post by TeamKim » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:42 pm

I have the ResMed AirSense 9 and So Clean 2 with humidifier adapter. I understand how to attach and use the So Clean 2 to sanitize the CPAP system, but once it's connected do I keep it connected or disconnect when I need to use the CPAP to sleep. I KNOW not to use the CPAP simultaneously with the So Clean. The So Clean runs in the morning and I run the CPAP at night when I sleep. My question is, do I disconnect it?

Goofproof

Re: Do I detach So Clean 2 black tube before using CPAP?

Post by Goofproof » Wed Oct 12, 2016 9:53 pm

For $300, it should come with a manuel, it would help if you used the manuel to knock off the dirt also. Jim
Use data to optimize your xPAP treatment!

"The art of medicine consists in amusing the patient while nature cures the disease." Voltaire

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Wed Oct 12, 2016 10:16 pm

Who ties your shoes ?

yaconsult

Post by yaconsult » Wed Oct 12, 2016 11:22 pm

Take a look at the first couple of google links here: https://www.google.com/search?q=youtube ... 8&oe=utf-8

And if you want to know why the "SoClean" has few fans here, watch LankyLefty's two videos on it, also in the results of that google search.

Bottom line, the SoClean can't "clean" anything - it just runs ozone through the equipment and the smell makes people "think" it's cleaner. Search for "SoClean" on this forum and you can find many, many posts.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Oct 13, 2016 4:59 am

TeamKim wrote:I have the ResMed AirSense 9 and So Clean 2 with humidifier adapter. I understand how to attach and use the So Clean 2 to sanitize the CPAP system, but once it's connected do I keep it connected or disconnect when I need to use the CPAP to sleep. I KNOW not to use the CPAP simultaneously with the So Clean. The So Clean runs in the morning and I run the CPAP at night when I sleep. My question is, do I disconnect it?
There is no such thing as ResMed Airsense 9.

viewtopic/t112827/so-clean-2.html

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Oct 13, 2016 5:10 am

I would not have anything else at all attached or connected to my machine except the humidifier (and/or prescribed oxygen) at any time, let alone when using it, and certainly not a piece of some junk 'cleaner' you got conned into buying.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 13, 2016 10:22 am

The only good thing I can say about SoClean is that if your aim is good,
you might damage the didgeridoo in the dumpster.

bill-e

Post by bill-e » Thu Oct 13, 2016 1:09 pm

TeamKim wrote:I have the ResMed AirSense 9 and So Clean 2 with humidifier adapter. I understand how to attach and use the So Clean 2 to sanitize the CPAP system, but once it's connected do I keep it connected or disconnect when I need to use the CPAP to sleep. I KNOW not to use the CPAP simultaneously with the So Clean. The So Clean runs in the morning and I run the CPAP at night when I sleep. My question is, do I disconnect it?
No, leave the tube connected. There is a check valve on it which will prevent any moisture from getting into the Soclean.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:20 pm

But will the valve keep you from getting
OZONE in your LUNGS?
That would make me worry a LOT!

Gasper62

Post by Gasper62 » Thu Oct 13, 2016 6:40 pm

Goofproof wrote:For $300, it should come with a manuel, it would help if you used the manuel to knock off the dirt also. Jim
Does Trump know about these machines being supplied with Mexican guys named Manuel ? Someone should alert him.......immediately !

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Thu Oct 13, 2016 7:51 pm

Gasper62 wrote:
Goofproof wrote:For $300, it should come with a manuel, it would help if you used the manuel to knock off the dirt also. Jim
Does Trump know about these machines being supplied with Mexican guys named Manuel ? Someone should alert him.......immediately !
Love it!!!

Pap-Daddy

Post by Pap-Daddy » Thu Oct 13, 2016 8:04 pm

Time to consult Dr Google
Search Results
Ozone can cause shortness of breath, coughing and lung damage. In fact, even in low concentrations ozone can irritate lungs and can even be toxic. Longer exposure to ozone puts someone at risk of ozone poisoning, lung cancer, lung scarring and even death.