Lab-ratted Breeze with Adam Circuit

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
WillSucceed

Lab-ratted Breeze with Adam Circuit

Post by WillSucceed » Tue Jan 02, 2007 9:39 pm

I've done some lab-ratting with the nasal pillows from a Breeze and the headgear from an Adam Circuit. I'm finding it very comfortable and stable. Let me know what you think and, big thanks to Rested Gal for creating the links to the pics. Unfortunately, I have messed something up and you have to cut and paste the links into your browser to see the pics.

[/url]http://www.tnlc.com/Lara/laura/osa/Bree ... ucceed.jpg
Pic shows the Adam Circuit headgear, B ... e hose. http://www.tnlc.com/Lara/laura/osa/Bree ... ed.jpg[url]
This pic shows where I glued the nasal pillow spine to the next section of spine which has been removed from the Breeze headgear.

[/url]http://www.tnlc.com/Lara/laura/osa/Bree ... ucceed.jpg
After glueing the nasal pillow spine t ... adgear. http://www.tnlc.com/Lara/laura/osa/Bree ... ucceed.jpg
These last two pics show this contrap ... ficantly. http://www.tnlc.com/Lara/laura/osa/Bree ... ucceed.jpg

http://www.tnlc.com/Lara/laura/osa/Bree ... ucceed.jpg

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): breeze, hose, nasal pillow, Nasal Pillows

CPAPopedia Keywords Contained In This Post (Click For Definition): breeze, hose, nasal pillow, Nasal Pillows

Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:54 pm

Excellent idea!!! I was going to work on the Breeze modification DreamStalker had posted a while back, but never got around to it.
viewtopic.php?p=117315#117315
Since I already have an Adam Circuit, I think I'll give this a try. Thanks for sharing it! (I took the liberty of popping in the pics.)
WillSucceed wrote:Pic shows the Adam Circuit headgear, Breeze nasal pillow with hose, strip of velcro that is fuzzy on one side and hooks on the other, and a sleeve lined with Thinsulate that goes over the hose:

This pic shows where I glued the nasal pillow spine to the next section of spine which has been removed from the Breeze headgear:

After glueing the nasal pillow spine to the headgear spine, just wrap the headgear velcro tabs around the spine and hose. Also, take the strip of velcro and attach the spine further up on the headgear:

These last two pics show this contraption with the insulating sleeve in place. For what it is worth, I put an insulating sleeve on the hose of every mask that I use as it reduces rain significantly:

dsm

Post by dsm » Tue Jan 02, 2007 10:54 pm

Will Suceed

Happy new year & long time no hear ?

Hope all is well up there

I still regard my own modded Adams Ckt as my best nasal pillows head gear. The only issue I have though is that at times the velcro pads on each side of my head above the ears can get a bit irritating.

Cheers

DSM

xPAP and Quattro std mask (plus a pad-a-cheek anti-leak strap)

Post by Guest » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:42 pm

Neversleeps:
Thanks much for doing whatever it is you did to insert the pics; I really appreciate it.

The Adam Circuit was given to me by someone on this forum well over a year ago. Unfortunately, the person who gave it to me left out a piece of the pipe that goes from the nasal pillows to the hose so, I never got good use out of it. I'm going to do a bit more experimenting but, thus far, I really like this set-up.

I'm still liking Opus, and I'm looking forward to the Aussie heated hose that I ordered before Christmas. Maybe I'll get this CPAP thing figured out yet.

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Tue Jan 02, 2007 11:44 pm

My bad!!!
Forgot to login for the above message.
Buy a new hat, drink a good wine, treat yourself, and someone you love, to a new bauble, live while you are alive... you never know when the mid-town bus is going to have your name written across its front bumper!

rested gal

Post by rested gal » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:29 am

Great work, WillSucceed! You earned this...

ResMed S9 VPAP Auto (ASV)
Humidifier: Integrated + Climate Control hose
Mask: Aeiomed Headrest (deconstructed, with homemade straps
3M painters tape over mouth
ALL LINKS by rested gal:
viewtopic.php?t=17435

ozij

Post by ozij » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:04 pm

Thanks, Willsucceed, Rested Gal and Neversleeps...
O.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

oldgearhead

Post by oldgearhead » Wed Jan 03, 2007 12:17 pm

..and I threw away my Adam Circuit, Darn!

People have more fun than anybody..

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:16 pm

My first trophy!! Thanks Rested Gal.

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:26 pm

I guess I'm missing something here. Why not just use the Adams to begin with?

Cheaper

Replacement parts cheaper

Nothing to "wear out". Mine's over six years old and working fine.

neversleeps

Post by neversleeps » Wed Jan 03, 2007 3:56 pm

JeffH wrote:I guess I'm missing something here. Why not just use the Adams to begin with?
It's so dang LOUD compared to the Breeze!

JeffH

Post by JeffH » Wed Jan 03, 2007 4:11 pm

I don't hear a thing with my ear plugs...and neither does she.

LOL

WillSucceed

Post by WillSucceed » Wed Jan 03, 2007 6:30 pm

Me-thinks the rather square shape of the Adam Circuit nasal-pillow section contributes to increased turbulance. The rounded shape of the Breeze nasal-pillow section seems much quieter.

DreamStalker

Post by DreamStalker » Wed Jan 03, 2007 7:59 pm

JeffH wrote:I don't hear a thing with my ear plugs...and neither does she.

LOL
That could be the reason you don't hear the LOUD hiss from the AC.

The Breeze exhaust port has a conical shape (tapering from about 1/4 inch on the inside to about 1/8 inch on the outside) which I think is the reason it is so much quieter than the AC (which just has a simple 1/8 inch exhaust port hole).

What I did like about the AC shell however is that the part that rests on your upper lip is nice and wide which decreases the amount of pressure and does not mess up my mustache as much.

I like them both but I have modified my Breeze also and it is my preferred interface.

President-pretender, J. Biden, said "the DNC has built the largest voter fraud organization in US history". Too bad they didn’t build the smartest voter fraud organization and got caught.