How to setup resmed s9

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
tomdad4

How to setup resmed s9

Post by tomdad4 » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:53 pm

i have a resmed s9 vauto s9 and i don't have a prescription is there any way i can set this up myself and tune the machine until I have it on the correct settings to be most helpful?

SleepGeek

Re: How to setup resmed s9

Post by SleepGeek » Thu Nov 30, 2023 8:55 pm

tomdad4 wrote:
Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:53 pm
i have a resmed s9 vauto s9 and i don't have a prescription is there any way i can set this up myself and tune the machine until I have it on the correct settings to be most helpful?
Go to YOUtube and search for your model cpap & clinical menu.

https://www.youtube.com/results?search_ ... nical+menu
Happiness is being on Dog Slobber pr & zonkers foe list
CrankyGranny is Whale Road + many other ids
They are here to help.
zonkers + palerider aka GrumpyHere wrote: What exactly do you think you're adding to this thread?

palerider

Post by palerider » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:08 pm

tomdad4 wrote:
Yes, first thing to do is ignore the above comment, and instead go to apneaboard.com and click the option on the front page to get a copy of the manual for the machine.

Then once you have the docs that shows how to get into the clinical menu and what the settings all mean, then you can start setting some parameters and getting some data using Oscar.

I'd suggest setting it to

VAuto mode
MinEPAP 6
MaxIPAP 25
PS 2

and leave the rest of the settings at default, then sleep with it, and pull the data into Oscar then post a page as detailed here:

wiki/index.php/Oscar:organize

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:26 pm

I assume this machine had prior usage from someone else???
If so you probably want to erase all that prior data so it won't co-mingle with your data.
Instructions are in that provider manual.
You might also want to do a reset to factory defaults just in case some of those other settings (beyond pressure) have been changed.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

SleepGeek

Post by SleepGeek » Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:03 pm

tomdad4 wrote:

Comments about comments are not (supposed to be) allowed here except for the rude.
So I will leave it at that.

Here ya go my friend.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ixeQpfX_WWU