Airsense 10 AutoSet on sale for $208 for Black Friday on cpap.com

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Buddy0329

Re: Airsense 10 AutoSet on sale for $208 for Black Friday on cpap.com

Post by Buddy0329 » Sat Nov 25, 2023 10:49 am

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:43 am
Just saw this on the deal page...

People falling over each other for this deal:

Note that these are REFURBS, not new, and not even certified by Resmed, so the quality level will be a crapshoot when it comes to who did the refurb work, and while the price is OK, it's not to die for. Hart Medical sells the certified refurbs all day for less than $250 WITH CELLULAR TRANSPONDER when available (must call, not listed on website because it dependence on availability). You CAN check the total (user and blower) hours on these (You Tube is your friend), which is generally not changeble outside of the factory, so if you buy one of these, be sure to do that.
My receipt does not indicate that a refurbished unit was involved. Nowhere on cpap.com’s listing do I see any indications that these are refurbs.

I would think that now the chip shortage is over AS10’s with cellular connectivity are available agaand retailers want to unload card-to-cloud versions.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 11:02 am

I have sent a note to Carolyn inquiring about cpap.com selling or not selling refurbished machines.
I will let you all know what is said.
I have never known them to sell refurbs and I don't see anything about it on the machine model in question here.
But then I don't follow everything that they have ever done and I am not privvy as to what they might do.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:03 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:43 am
Just saw this on the deal page...

People falling over each other for this deal:

Note that these are REFURBS, not new, and not even certified by Resmed, so the quality level will be a crapshoot when it comes to who did the refurb work, and while the price is OK, it's not to die for. Hart Medical sells the certified refurbs all day for less than $250 WITH CELLULAR TRANSPONDER when available (must call, not listed on website because it dependence on availability). You CAN check the total (user and blower) hours on these (You Tube is your friend), which is generally not changeble outside of the factory, so if you buy one of these, be sure to do that.
I don't think you are talking about the units from cpap.com listed in the OP. You must be speaking of another supplier. Please make this clear and edit your post.

carolyngoodman

Post by carolyngoodman » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:06 pm

@jlsmithseven

I believe you have us confused with another website. Let me clarify to set the record straight:

CPAP.com does not sell refurbished machines. We only sell new, unused machines. We are an official seller of new ResMed machines.

We have no such "deal" pages listing the statement you posted, I believe you were looking at a different website.

This was a sale of actual new AS10 Card to Cloud machine. Everyone who purchased or will purchase will receive a new machine.

Regards,
Carolyn Goodman
CPAP.com
Check out: My User Page

You can create yours here. Just log in and then you will see your name appear on the list. Click your name and edit away.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:07 pm

That's great about your new PCP. Mine is great also. (He lives three houses down from us. :lol: )

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Nov 24, 2023 6:22 pm
He did say that he didn't know what to write and needed to research it and I sSAfaid..."no need..I got all you need on this little piece of paper"....and he did it.
Safe to assume you just gave him what should go on his own prescription "pad"?

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sat Nov 25, 2023 2:21 pm

That comment I posted was right under the deals page.

https://slickdeals.net/f/17094052-resme ... ersion-208

If you look community wiki. Now it does say come to apneaboard to find out more so I didn't trust it fully, just wanted to post here because of that. THank you for clarifying that is an awesome deal if they are in fact new. I did however see some reviews saying people received used ones though on cpap.com for the listing. Either way I'm going to take the gamble because even refurbished it is a great deal, if it's new then its an amazing deal. no big issue. thanks guys.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:36 pm

Soooo.....I heard back from Carolyn.

Below is her response verbatim.
No they are not refurbished. We have never sold a refurbished machine. Only new unused machines.
Please don't go spreading rumors based on what is shown or said on some other website.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

carolyngoodman

Post by carolyngoodman » Sat Nov 25, 2023 3:40 pm

@jlsmithseven

Thank you for the link!

Any reviews that state they have a received a refurbished machine from CPAP.com are not real reviews.

We only sell and ship brand new, unused machines. I added a post to the deal link as well to help clarify.

Regards,
Carolyn Goodman
CPAP.com
Check out: My User Page

You can create yours here. Just log in and then you will see your name appear on the list. Click your name and edit away.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:27 pm

Ok great! That is awesome news, sorry I did not mean to spread a rumor I just read it on that website. I kind of assumed it was fake but it’s wonderful to hear they are new.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:33 pm

jlsmithseven wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 5:27 pm
Ok great! That is awesome news, sorry I did not mean to spread a rumor I just read it on that website. I kind of assumed it was fake but it’s wonderful to hear they are new.
no, it's good you brought it up so carolyn could squash the rumor!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

lazarus

Post by lazarus » Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:15 pm

zonker wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 6:33 pm
. . . squash the rumor!
Sources on the Web have started rumors that Zonker is not actually the cartoon character that he has long claimed to be but rather is a flesh and blood human being dwelling somewhere in the Pacific NW wilderness.

Of course, I've read similar claims about Sasquatch, so I would never spread those rumors myself or endorse them.
The people who confuse "entomology" and "etymology" really bug me beyond words.
---
A love song to a CPAP? Oh please!:
https://youtu.be/_e32lugxno0?si=W4W9EnrZZTD5Ow6p

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Nov 26, 2023 1:03 pm

lazarus wrote:
Sun Nov 26, 2023 12:15 pm

Of course, I've read similar claims about Sasquatch, so I would never spread those rumors myself or endorse them.
is this why the little kids get all excited when i drive by the museum?
https://www.atlasobscura.com/places/ska ... tch-museum
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Tue Nov 28, 2023 5:35 pm

Hopefully my order is still good because I’m still waiting for my RX it is being mailed to me.

pedroski

Post by pedroski » Thu Nov 30, 2023 7:15 pm

carolyngoodman wrote:
Sat Nov 25, 2023 1:06 pm
@jlsmithseven

I believe you have us confused with another website. Let me clarify to set the record straight:

CPAP.com does not sell refurbished machines. We only sell new, unused machines. We are an official seller of new ResMed machines.

We have no such "deal" pages listing the statement you posted, I believe you were looking at a different website.

This was a sale of actual new AS10 Card to Cloud machine. Everyone who purchased or will purchase will receive a new machine.

Regards,
Carolyn Goodman
CPAP.com
Hi Carolyn,

I ordered the advertised deal of $208 for an AirSense 10 AutoSet With HumidAir (Card-to-Cloud Version) and your company emailed me with an order number on 231123.
On 231125 I received an email approving my valid prescription, but then another email informing me that they do not ship Resmed products overseas, even though they were happy to charge me $216 Aussie dollars to ship it. They requested I organise a US address to ship it to which I did. I then received an email on 231126 telling me not to wait too long, AFTER I had replied to the first email, so I responded to that email explaining that I had already responded.
I then heard nothing for three days so I rang them on 231129 and was informed that they would not be honouring that deal. I explained that several folk had already received the deal but she flat out said no. It is of course totally your business whether you offer these deals or not, but if you do offer it then you should honour it. To dishonour it like this is poor form.

amenite

Post by amenite » Thu Nov 30, 2023 9:31 pm

Edit - I see you arranged a US address, like two days after the fact. I would guess that's a factor although I don't know what conditions there were on this half price deal, but there must have been something - limited time, while supplies last, both, etc. etc.
---
From cpap.com FAQ - shipping section:

https://www.cpap.com/cpap-faq#

ResMed or Philips Respironics Product in International Orders

ResMed and Philips Respironics do not allow their products to be shipped outside of the United States. In order to continue to supply their products, we must adhere to this requirement. Please choose from the following options and email or call us to confirm how you wish to proceed:
- Provide a new address within the contiguous U.S., and our team will update your order
- Exchange ResMed /Philip Respironics products for another brand. Please send us an email providing information on the changes to be made on. ( Note: you are responsible for any price increase difference. We'll refund you the difference if there is a decrease in price)
- Remove all ResMed and Philip Respironics products from your order and ship out the remainder of your order.
Last edited by amenite on Thu Nov 30, 2023 10:01 pm, edited 1 time in total.