OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
BlueDragon

Re: OSCAR Suggestions & Bug reporting

Post by BlueDragon » Mon Feb 24, 2020 5:44 pm

cacososa wrote:
Mon Feb 24, 2020 3:34 pm
I'm not sure why, but on short sessions the start time is greater than the end time. It seems to be a bug.

Carlos
There is a known bug that happens when your ResMed machine reports two sessions that are very close to each other and Oscar attempts to combine them into a single session. I suspect your machine reported three sessions and Oscar tried to combine the first two. A major overhaul of the ResMed importer is in the next release of Oscar and is now being tested.

OSCAR 1.5.1 is the latest release.
OSCAR Team
ResMed AirCurve 10 VAuto, F&P Brevida.
FlashAir SD and FlashPap for data transfer.

hueyville

Post by hueyville » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:25 am

BlueDragon wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 4:39 pm
hueyville wrote:
Fri Feb 21, 2020 12:35 pm
Have installed and uninstalled Oscar on my laptop have used for SleepyHead for years with zero issues a half dozen times and get absolutely nowhere. Have updated graphics card and run your graphics card fix and tried total uninstall and reinstall twice each time with no luck. Generic windows laptop.

Windows 7 Professional
Version 6.1 (Build 7601: Service Pack 1)

SleepyHead still runs perfect on old machines data but wont install the new Dreamstation BiPAP autoSV data from card. Every time I try to launch Oscar it says I need to upgrade versions and whether I click yes or no option I get this same error report and it crashes. "Opensource cpap Analysis Reporter Has Stopped Wworking" Have tried with my new data card in slot and not in slot. I install and upgrade software regularly usually with few issues can't figure out myself. Help please.
Did you install the 32-bit or 64-bit version of OSCAR, and did you allow it to install in the default directory offered (C:\Program Files (x86)or C:\Program Files)? After you installed OSCAR and run it for the first time, did you accept the default data directory of OSCAR_Data or did you specify a different directory? Did OSCAR ask if you wanted to convert your SleepyHead data to OSCAR data, or did that not happen?
The 32 bit version due to my build release but did an Add & Remove if Oscar and deleted the install routine to try the 64 bit anyway and my computer nutted up totally. This laptop ship with Windows XP Pro and a Windows 7 online upgrade certificate. Updated to an early version of Windows 7 before loaded the first piece of software and has worked well with most things have installed. Am letting Oscar install where the installer defaults to and it installs successfully then asks me to update it before running and whether click yes or no on the update have a total crash. Have Used several techniques to bypass the update screen and when try that it asks if I want to import SleepyHead data and whether click yes or no again total crash. If I sidestep that screen then put my card in the slot and try to import data it crashes. If do not try loading data from card and just click any menu on Oscar to even see the information file or build number it crashes. Have played with computers from Tandy cassette drive, 5 1/4* floppy, Commodore 64, 286, 287, 386, 486, Pentium 1 and on up the line. Gone from DOS to Windows 7 Pro and if its supposed to install have generally gotten it. while totally ignorant now when in college (1981-1984) was programming in Cobal, Pascal, Basic and other languages of the day but I can barely pull up a DOS prompt now. Tablets with Android Apps have rendered me retarded.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:56 am

When you ran OSCAR for the first time, did you accept the default data directory of OSCAR_Data or did you specify a different directory (like the Sleepyhead directory)?

OSCAR Team

hueyville

Post by hueyville » Tue Mar 03, 2020 12:00 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Tue Mar 03, 2020 10:56 am
When you ran OSCAR for the first time, did you accept the default data directory of OSCAR_Data or did you specify a different directory (like the Sleepyhead directory)?
Accepted default.
For the time will come when they will not endure sound doctrine, but according to their own desires, because they have itching ears, they will heap up for themselves teachers; and they will turn their ears away from the truth

Zomby Woof

Post by Zomby Woof » Tue Mar 03, 2020 4:10 pm

I'm not at all certain this a bug, but I would like comments as to what may have happened.

OSCAR recorded only 1min 54 sec of last night's session.

My Resmed AirCurve V10 Auto shows 8hours 52minutes with an AHI of 0.9 .
As this would be a new record low for me I was quite disappointed to have no result.

THE SD card seemed properly seated, and, the 'write' toggle was in the correct position :(

Any thoughts?

You know I'll never sleep no more, It seem to me that it just ain't wise
Didja ever wake up in the mornin', With a ZOMBY WOOF behind your eyes?
Just about as evil as you could be.
Tellin' you all the Zomby troof, Here I'm is, the ZOMBY WOOF
- Zappa

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:19 pm

I have used oscar awhile back, but this time it is not letting me see the graphs. I was trying to arrange them into the right order, and now it does crazy things as I move the mouse around. On short occasions, it will show the graphs in the regular way, but as soon as I move the mouse, it goes back to having no numbers and usually everything looks like a negative. I can't look at my graphs.

Attachments
cpapweird.JPG
cpapweird.JPG (168.69 KiB) Viewed 8789 times
Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Damiansd

Post by Damiansd » Sun Mar 15, 2020 10:18 pm

Hello ZooCrewPhoto,

What version of Oscar are you using? The product seems to be updated fairly regularly with the current release of 1.0.1 available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Hopefully this newer version helps you.

Regards,
Damian.

BlueDragon

Post by BlueDragon » Mon Mar 16, 2020 7:15 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Sun Mar 15, 2020 12:19 pm
I have used oscar awhile back, but this time it is not letting me see the graphs. I was trying to arrange them into the right order, and now it does crazy things as I move the mouse around. On short occasions, it will show the graphs in the regular way, but as soon as I move the mouse, it goes back to having no numbers and usually everything looks like a negative. I can't look at my graphs.
What platform are you using? Windows or Mac or ?. If Mac, don't use Dark Mode, which can cause results like this.

OSCAR Team

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:42 pm

I finally found a setting that changed the graphs, and they look right now. Still in the order I wanted. I also got the link to ResScan 5.9. The 6.0 version I had requires a login, so I was able to look at my data. Still haven't figured out what is going on. I used a different mask last night (same style) and was good almost all night, but it did the same thing the last half hour.

I just looked at last night's data in both programs. My summary data in ResScan shows I hit a max pressure of 14.9. But the detailed data shows a max of 12.74 on the graph in Rescan and 12.62 in Oscar. Similar data the night before with the high on the summary not showing in the detailed data.

Who would have thought it would be this challenging to sleep and breathe at the same time?

Jas_williams

Post by Jas_williams » Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:09 am

zoocrewphoto wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:42 pm
I finally found a setting that changed the graphs, and they look right now. Still in the order I wanted. I also got the link to ResScan 5.9. The 6.0 version I had requires a login, so I was able to look at my data. Still haven't figured out what is going on. I used a different mask last night (same style) and was good almost all night, but it did the same thing the last half hour.

I just looked at last night's data in both programs. My summary data in ResScan shows I hit a max pressure of 14.9. But the detailed data shows a max of 12.74 on the graph in Rescan and 12.62 in Oscar. Similar data the night before with the high on the summary not showing in the detailed data.
Both rescan and Oscar use 99% values for max pressure so the outligher of 14.9 is dropped

zoocrewphoto

Post by zoocrewphoto » Tue Mar 17, 2020 6:56 pm

Jas_williams wrote:
Tue Mar 17, 2020 2:09 am
zoocrewphoto wrote:
Mon Mar 16, 2020 9:42 pm

Both rescan and Oscar use 99% values for max pressure so the outligher of 14.9 is dropped
But if my pressure went up to 14.9, shouldn't that show in the pressure graph? Why does the summary data say it went that high while the pressure graph doesn't show it going past 12.74? Why would the graphs have different max values? And why would Resmed show a higher max in the summary data than on the pressure graph?

I couldn't get the screen shot to show the actual value that pops up when I put the mouse over it, but that is how I got those numbers.

Attachments
resmed315b.JPG
resmed315b.JPG (50.75 KiB) Viewed 8723 times
resmed315a.JPG
resmed315a.JPG (91.48 KiB) Viewed 8723 times

ChicagoGranny

SUGGESTION

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:31 am

On the Welcome, Daily, Overview and Statistics pages, put the name of the open profile at the very top of the page.

I keep profiles for Gramps, a few friends and myself. Somedays, I have confused myself about which profile was open. :oops:

BlueDragon

Re: SUGGESTION

Post by BlueDragon » Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:41 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:31 am
On the Welcome, Daily, Overview and Statistics pages, put the name of the open profile at the very top of the page.
Do you use a Mac? fyi, on Windows, the profile name is in the title bar.

OSCAR Team

ChicagoGranny

Re: SUGGESTION

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:11 pm

BlueDragon wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 11:41 am
ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 8:31 am
Do you use a Mac? fyi, on Windows, the profile name is in the title bar.
I'm running Windows 10. At the top of the pages, there is a place for the profile name (Profile:_). But, the profile name does not show.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 24, 2020 4:00 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Tue Mar 24, 2020 3:11 pm
I'm running Windows 10. At the top of the pages, there is a place for the profile name (Profile:_). But, the profile name does not show.
I am also running Windows 10 and my Pugsy profile has always showed up right where it is.
I wonder if it has to do with the version you are using...I haven't updated mine...been busy and too lazy. :lol:

profile.JPG

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.