Contact Board Administrator?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Mohustle

Contact Board Administrator?

Post by Mohustle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:43 am

I have the exact identical problem many others seem to have. I received welcome email informing me a board administrator would have to approve me. As I understand it, I'll need to have full privileges to contact a specific member. I did read the last thread on this issue so, I'm not dense; I'm just antsy because I've waited a while and wondered if this is usual. I understand there may be a delay for various reasons (can't ignore site security). I got that email almost 2 weeks ago (Aug 23); is that common? I'm concerned my request may be lost in the system. Is there an actual email address so I can correspond and confirm that I didn't slip through the cracks? Any assistance would be much appreciated and thanks for taking the time to read this request for help.

Soothest Sleep

Re: Contact Board Administrator?

Post by Soothest Sleep » Tue Sep 05, 2017 12:57 am

Hi and welcome to the forum. New members like yourself have indeed been frustrated by the length of time it has taken to get through the hoops to become a registered member.

New protocols were put into place earlier this summer to defend against a barage of spam postings. According to Pugsy (She Who Knows Much and is an accepted authority here), there is only one person who manages the membership approvals. Besides a recent vacation for that person, Hurricane Harvey interrupted regular service both of this forum and cpap.com (our forum host), which is located in the affected area.

You can still post your questions/comments and receive replies, so feel free to join the conversation(s) or start one yourself.

Please be patient. "Regular programming will resume" in due course.

Jean
O soft embalmer of the still midnight,
Shutting, with careful fingers and benign,
Our gloom-pleas'd eyes, embower'd from the light,
Enshaded in forgetfulness divine
-- John Keats

Mohustle

Post by Mohustle » Tue Sep 05, 2017 1:02 am

Thanks for the reassurance. I just wanted to make sure that 2 weeks wasn't outrageous. Guess I'll just keep on making up user names so I can post as a guest and maybe someone will have an answer for me.

Post by Guest » Tue Sep 05, 2017 2:49 am

Mohustle wrote:I did read the last thread on this issue so, I'm not dense;

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:02 am

At the very top of the main page are announcements. The first one is "forum updates"... viewtopic/t156329/Forum-Updates.html

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Tue Sep 05, 2017 5:04 am

Mohustle wrote:Thanks for the reassurance. I just wanted to make sure that 2 weeks wasn't outrageous. Guess I'll just keep on making up user names so I can post as a guest and maybe someone will have an answer for me.
If you keep the same "user name" we are able to follow you...If you keep changing we won't know what you have said or done previously.

carolyngoodman

Post by carolyngoodman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 12:18 pm

Howdy,

Yes sorry for the delay. With the change of process, we have some usernames that are auto filtered out as possible spam and the rest are manually approved.

We are back up and running, and I am just now getting back to CPAPtalk after focusing on our staff.

Please let me know if you have any issues.

- Carolyn
Check out: My User Page

You can create yours here. Just log in and then you will see your name appear on the list. Click your name and edit away.

johnnygoodman

Post by johnnygoodman » Thu Sep 07, 2017 1:05 pm

Howdy,

Also, we're working on software updates that we hope will change the process from manual back to automated. Sorry for the delay and thanks for your patience.

Johnny