My travel tips:MikeekiM wrote: ↑Fri Jul 08, 2022 9:55 amAny CPAP Travel Tips???
I am going to be on the road for about four days in two cities... I am a noob (having only been on this CPAP for a month, and struggling)...so in some ways, I am thinking about just not taking the dang machine with me... But I know that the right answer, is to take it...
Any travel tips?
- Water/Humidifier - I have read that it's fine to use tap water or bottled water when on travel...and then just rinse and clean it really well when returning... Is it also an option to bring you own distilled water and check your luggage? Does anyone do that?
Carry On Luggage - The ResMed 11 has a nice carrying case that makes it easy to strap to the handle of a rollaway carryon luggage... That that would count as my "personal item"...right? And because this is a work related trip, I will need my computer bag as my "personal item"... What do most people do in these situations? Put the CPAP machine (de-bagged) inside of the rollaway and wrap the fragile items in clothing for protection?
Any other tips?
1. Also bring an extension cord. YOu never know where the outlets are in a hotel room and it adds outlets. I found a really good travel power strip with long cord at Amazon that works great for this and work trips.
2. CPAP wipes. I find it easier to bring pre-packed wipes to clean the masks and silicon seals when traveling. They sell travel versions where there is one wipe per.
3. If overnight/international overnight, bring a battery and use inflight. I’ve tried plugging in on flights, but have often blown the circuit breaker or had one flight where the outlets didn’t work. It just easier to use my own power all the time.
4. Never check as people said. I did one long trip where I brought both of my machines, full-size/travel machines. ( will never do it again ) I brought the travel machine on the flight and packed the full-size machine. My luggage missed the flight. Because the value of it was over $1000, India customs wasn’t going to let the bag get shipped to the hotel without me coming to back to the airport.. I had a smart Air France agent who said, but its used “ so its not worth that anymore” and it was allowed to be send to the hotel without me retrieving it. But since it was X-rayed on the way in, it had to be X-rayed on the wya out to make sure I wasn’t “leaving it in the country”.