AirSense 11

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
RE144
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:02 pm

AirSense 11

Post by RE144 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 10:06 am

I am using an AirSense 10 and have been ever since they came out...

Should I be looking at changing to the AirSense 11 ??
ResMed Airsense 10 with heated humidifier
Swift LT Nasal Pillow Mask

User avatar
Miss Emerita
Posts: 2466
Joined: Sun Nov 04, 2018 8:07 pm

Re: AirSense 11

Post by Miss Emerita » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:14 am

If you have an Airsense 10 Autoset, you're good for as long as your machine holds up. How old is it? Do you know when you'd be eligible to get a new machine with help from your insurance? Lots of people get a new machine when their insurance will allow it and then use their still-functioning old machine as a back-up.

The Airsense 11 Autoset has a "For Her" mode that is useful some people (both men and women), though I think quite a few people prefer the regular Auto mode. The layout of the machine is different -- you can see it on line -- and it can update its software via wireless. It's a tiny bit smaller and uses a little less power.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

RE144
Posts: 18
Joined: Tue Nov 09, 2021 5:02 pm

Re: AirSense 11

Post by RE144 » Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:24 am

Miss Emerita wrote:
Sun Jun 19, 2022 11:14 am
If you have an Airsense 10 Autoset, you're good for as long as your machine holds up. How old is it? Do you know when you'd be eligible to get a new machine with help from your insurance? Lots of people get a new machine when their insurance will allow it and then use their still-functioning old machine as a back-up.

The Airsense 11 Autoset has a "For Her" mode that is useful some people (both men and women), though I think quite a few people prefer the regular Auto mode. The layout of the machine is different -- you can see it on line -- and it can update its software via wireless. It's a tiny bit smaller and uses a little less power.
Thank You So much for this information.....
ResMed Airsense 10 with heated humidifier
Swift LT Nasal Pillow Mask

User avatar
LSAT
Posts: 12750
Joined: Sun Nov 16, 2008 10:11 am
Location: SE Wisconsin

Re: AirSense 11

Post by LSAT » Sun Jun 19, 2022 1:08 pm


_________________
Machine: ResMed AirSense™ 10 AutoSet™ CPAP Machine with HumidAir™ Heated Humidifier
Mask: Fisher & Paykel Vitera Full Face Mask with Headgear (S, M, or L Cushion)
Additional Comments: Back up is S9 Autoset...... Buckwheat hull pillow

User avatar
deerslayer
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am
Location: Mid Tn

Re: AirSense 11

Post by deerslayer » Sun Jun 19, 2022 2:36 pm

Thank you for the YouTube link on the air since 11 don’t really see that much difference in the 10 right now but I was even unaware of the 11th being out thank you again

_________________
MachineMask
Additional Comments: straight cpap 12.20 AHI avg.0.79
RESMED AUTOSET 10 / P 10 NASAL PILLOWS /straight cpap 12.20 / AHI 0.79 avg /
thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in KARMA *

User avatar
deerslayer
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am
Location: Mid Tn

Re: AirSense 11

Post by deerslayer » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:23 am

i can't for the life of me understand why resmed would come out with a so called new and improved machine with a smaller humidifier ? i have 12,500+ hrs on the airsense 10 .

_________________
MachineMask
Additional Comments: straight cpap 12.20 AHI avg.0.79
RESMED AUTOSET 10 / P 10 NASAL PILLOWS /straight cpap 12.20 / AHI 0.79 avg /
thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in KARMA *

User avatar
Dog Slobber
Posts: 3237
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:05 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: AirSense 11

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:34 am

deerslayer wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:23 am
i can't for the life of me understand why resmed would come out with a so called new and improved machine with a smaller humidifier ? i have 12,500+ hrs on the airsense 10 .
They didn't.

The Air 10 and 11 humidifier tanks both have a capacity of 380 ml.

User avatar
deerslayer
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am
Location: Mid Tn

Re: AirSense 11

Post by deerslayer » Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:43 pm

The Air 10 and 11 humidifier tanks both have a capacity of 380 ml.

By golly if you’re are not right after all 😂 that’s a shame since mine occasionally runs dry

_________________
MachineMask
Additional Comments: straight cpap 12.20 AHI avg.0.79
RESMED AUTOSET 10 / P 10 NASAL PILLOWS /straight cpap 12.20 / AHI 0.79 avg /
thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in KARMA *

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 30900
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Dallas(ish).

Re: AirSense 11

Post by palerider » Wed Jun 22, 2022 12:51 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:34 am
deerslayer wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 11:23 am
i can't for the life of me understand why resmed would come out with a so called new and improved machine with a smaller humidifier ? i have 12,500+ hrs on the airsense 10 .
They didn't.

The Air 10 and 11 humidifier tanks both have a capacity of 380 ml.
As did the S9 line of machines... (I don't know about anything pre-S9 though).

_________________
Mask: Bleep DreamPort CPAP Mask Solution
Additional Comments: S9 VPAP Auto
Get OSCAR and come chat on IRC: #cpaptalk on irc.libera.chat

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, gearchange, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They're often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

southerndoc
Posts: 233
Joined: Sat Apr 23, 2011 9:32 pm
Location: Marietta, GA USA

Re: AirSense 11

Post by southerndoc » Wed Jun 22, 2022 8:06 am

deerslayer wrote:
Tue Jun 21, 2022 2:43 pm
The Air 10 and 11 humidifier tanks both have a capacity of 380 ml.

By golly if you’re are not right after all 😂 that’s a shame since mine occasionally runs dry
It's just easier to spill with the AS11 humidifier because of its design.

_________________
Machine: AirSense 11 Autoset
Mask: ResMed AirFit N30 Nasal CPAP Mask with Headgear
Additional Comments: OSCAR 1.3.1, SleepHQ

User avatar
deerslayer
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am
Location: Mid Tn

Re: AirSense 11

Post by deerslayer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:40 pm

I have my yearly check up with my respiratory Doc in the morning.
My air sense 10 has well over 12,000 hrs on it ,4 years old. Should I ask about maybe replacing with the air sense 11? Opinions welcome. Thanks Tim

_________________
MachineMask
Additional Comments: straight cpap 12.20 AHI avg.0.79
RESMED AUTOSET 10 / P 10 NASAL PILLOWS /straight cpap 12.20 / AHI 0.79 avg /
thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in KARMA *

User avatar
Pugsy
Posts: 61140
Joined: Thu May 14, 2009 9:31 am
Location: Missouri, USA

Re: AirSense 11

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:56 pm

deerslayer wrote:
Mon Jun 27, 2022 7:40 pm
I have my yearly check up with my respiratory Doc in the morning.
My air sense 10 has well over 12,000 hrs on it ,4 years old. Should I ask about maybe replacing with the air sense 11? Opinions welcome. Thanks Tim
Are you going to want your insurance to pay for the new machine or are you willing to pay for it out of pocket?
If you are wanting your insurance to pay you might want to check with them to see if they will even pay for a new machine now.

Used to be that insurance would pay for a new machine after 5 years with no questions asked but more and more insurance (including Medicare) are going with the "only if current machine is broke will be buy another".
Mask: Bleep no headgear mask.. https://bleepsleep.com/
Machine: AirCurve 10 VAuto

I may have to RISE but I refuse to SHINE.

User avatar
deerslayer
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am
Location: Mid Tn

Re: AirSense 11

Post by deerslayer » Mon Jun 27, 2022 8:09 pm

Much appreciated thank you

_________________
MachineMask
Additional Comments: straight cpap 12.20 AHI avg.0.79
RESMED AUTOSET 10 / P 10 NASAL PILLOWS /straight cpap 12.20 / AHI 0.79 avg /
thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in KARMA *

User avatar
deerslayer
Posts: 1188
Joined: Tue Dec 11, 2007 10:46 am
Location: Mid Tn

Re: AirSense 11

Post by deerslayer » Thu Jun 30, 2022 7:39 pm

looks like my s10 has another possibly 12,000 hrs life in her. am going back to give apap a try again with my new found software from sleepHQ . continuing the quest for the lowest AHI / leak .
Rock on yall

_________________
MachineMask
Additional Comments: straight cpap 12.20 AHI avg.0.79
RESMED AUTOSET 10 / P 10 NASAL PILLOWS /straight cpap 12.20 / AHI 0.79 avg /
thanks to Nick sleep HQ
Feeling Blessed & firmly believe in KARMA *