Did you get your flu vaccine?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
User avatar
babydinosnoreless
Posts: 1984
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Oct 09, 2021 4:34 pm

Tried. Two local pharmacies were not taking walk ins. They don't have enough techs or pharmacists.

Have appointment at 6pm tonight hope it actually happens. The pharmacy apps suck. We need to our shots before my last day of work when my insurance probably goes away until I can get the cobra thing figured out.
N-20 mask
Resmed Aircurve 10 vauto bilevel

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 31226
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist bog

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:03 pm

We walked right into the Costco pharmacy on 9/3.
I suppose they could have been busier a few days later.
Since the pharmacy is closed on Sunday, they likely miss the weekend farm crowd.
I hate going into Aldi on Sunday--too many maskless hicks.
And me with neutropenia from my chemo.
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset FOR HER, p10 mask

User avatar
babydinosnoreless
Posts: 1984
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:06 pm

Took over an hour but we are vaccinated against those nasty flu bugs. One less thing to worry about.
N-20 mask
Resmed Aircurve 10 vauto bilevel

User avatar
Cecioboe
Posts: 21
Joined: Mon May 31, 2021 6:19 pm
Location: Dallas, Texas, USA

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by Cecioboe » Sat Oct 09, 2021 8:46 pm

We got our flu shots yesterday. No COVID booster for me. I’m in an antibody study and have lots of antibodies from the vaccine and the virus. Plus I had an allergic reaction to the 2nd dose.
CPAP since May 25, 2021
Resmed Airsense 10 Auto
Dreamwear cushion

User avatar
Bertha deBlues
Posts: 296
Joined: Sun Aug 20, 2017 8:36 am

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by Bertha deBlues » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:24 am

Got my flu shot (Fluad quadrivalent) 10 days ago. Sore shoulder for a day or so, fine otherwise.
Dreamstation Auto CPAP with Humidifier
Airfit P10 Nasal Pillow


And in the end the love you take is equal to the love you make. - Paul McCartney

Jeffj318
Posts: 38
Joined: Fri Jan 08, 2021 11:03 am

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by Jeffj318 » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:25 pm

My wife and I received the over 65+ flu shot. No major problems. Soreness in the arm. I felt a little bad the next day.
Resmed Airsense 10 For Her
Phillips Dreamwear nasal cushion mask
My wife is the CPAP user.

User avatar
ChicagoGranny
Posts: 11730
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:57 pm

Jeffj318 wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 3:25 pm
My wife and I received the over 65+ flu shot.
You know there are two different 65+ flu vaccines?

User avatar
babydinosnoreless
Posts: 1984
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by babydinosnoreless » Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:59 pm

I was confused on the 65 + shots.

This is the info I found. "All flu vaccines in the United States for the 2021-2022 season are quadrivalent vaccines. " https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/quadrivalent.htm

And "Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent is the only licensed high-dose inactivated influenza (flu) vaccine; it is manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur Inc. Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent is a four-component (quadrivalent) flu vaccine approved for people 65 years and older."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/qa_fluzone.htm
N-20 mask
Resmed Aircurve 10 vauto bilevel

User avatar
onward60
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:48 pm
Location: Midwest, USA

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by onward60 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:13 am

Gosh, I didn't know there were different kinds of flu shots. I asked my PCP at my last appointment and I got one. I don't know which one. I'm also scheduled for Shingles and my COVID booster this week. I found out I completely forgot to get my 2nd shingles shot last year. I hope it's not too late to work.
New to CPAP in Sept. 2021. N20 and MAD caused dental pain. Currently trying the Resmed Airfit F20 (medium). ResMed Air 10 for her machine.

My private messages might be turned off.

User avatar
ChicagoGranny
Posts: 11730
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 am

onward60 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:13 am
Gosh, I didn't know there were different kinds of flu shots. I asked my PCP at my last appointment and I got one. I don't know which one. I'm also scheduled for Shingles and my COVID booster this week. I found out I completely forgot to get my 2nd shingles shot last year. I hope it's not too late to work.
Did you know there are different kinds of shingles vaccines? Shingrix is the only two-dose shingles vaccine.

By waiting longer for the second dose, you may get even better protection! The reason people shouldn't wait too long for the second dose is they are not so well protected in the interval before the second dose.

User avatar
onward60
Posts: 124
Joined: Tue Sep 14, 2021 1:48 pm
Location: Midwest, USA

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by onward60 » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:38 am

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:24 am
onward60 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:13 am
Gosh, I didn't know there were different kinds of flu shots. I asked my PCP at my last appointment and I got one. I don't know which one. I'm also scheduled for Shingles and my COVID booster this week. I found out I completely forgot to get my 2nd shingles shot last year. I hope it's not too late to work.
Did you know there are different kinds of shingles vaccines? Shingrix is the only two-dose shingles vaccine.

By waiting longer for the second dose, you may get even better protection! The reason people shouldn't wait too long for the second dose is they are not so well protected in the interval before the second dose.
Yes, I did know that. I got the Shringrix. I scheduled the second appointment and I thought I got the shot but they told me I canceled the appointment. I don't remember this. :( If it hadn't popped up on my medial portal that I was overdue, I would have never gotten it.
New to CPAP in Sept. 2021. N20 and MAD caused dental pain. Currently trying the Resmed Airfit F20 (medium). ResMed Air 10 for her machine.

My private messages might be turned off.

User avatar
ChicagoGranny
Posts: 11730
Joined: Sun Jan 29, 2012 1:43 pm
Location: USA

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by ChicagoGranny » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:44 am

babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:59 pm
I was confused on the 65 + shots.

This is the info I found. "All flu vaccines in the United States for the 2021-2022 season are quadrivalent vaccines. " https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/quadrivalent.htm

And "Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent is the only licensed high-dose inactivated influenza (flu) vaccine; it is manufactured by Sanofi Pasteur Inc. Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent is a four-component (quadrivalent) flu vaccine approved for people 65 years and older."

https://www.cdc.gov/flu/prevent/qa_fluzone.htm
"Quadrivalent" means the vaccine contains four strains - H1N1, H3N2, Victoria, Yamagata.
babydinosnoreless wrote:
Sun Oct 10, 2021 6:59 pm
Fluzone High-Dose Quadrivalent
In addition, for ages 65+, there is the FLUAD Quadrivalent Adjuvanted vaccine -
What is FLUAD Quadrivalent?
FLUAD Quadrivalent is a standard-dose, inactivated influenza (flu) vaccine, manufactured by Seqirus that contains an adjuvant
Adjuvanted quadrivalent flu vaccine is approved for people 65 years and older. It is manufactured using an egg-based process (like most flu vaccines), and includes an adjuvant called MF59. An adjuvant is an ingredient added to a vaccine that helps create a stronger immune response to vaccination. FLUAD Quadrivalent is approved for use among people 65 years and older, who often have a lower protective immune response after flu vaccination compared to younger, healthier people.
In one small study of people 65+, the Fluzone vaccine was found to result in 12% fewer hospitalizations compared to FLUAD.

Counting the under 65 group, there are nine different vaccines.

H1N1, H3N2, Victoria, Yamagata, Hike!

Image

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 31226
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist bog

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by chunkyfrog » Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:54 am

Most pharmacies will not carry every brand of vaccine.
You take what you can get--unless you order ahead, and ask.
Then it's still going to be whatever they have.
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset FOR HER, p10 mask

User avatar
babydinosnoreless
Posts: 1984
Joined: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:53 pm

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by babydinosnoreless » Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:40 am

chunkyfrog wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 8:54 am
Most pharmacies will not carry every brand of vaccine.
You take what you can get--unless you order ahead, and ask.
Then it's still going to be whatever they have.
True that, and your lucky to get an appointment to get one the staffing shortages are so bad.
N-20 mask
Resmed Aircurve 10 vauto bilevel

User avatar
Midwest_non_sleeper
Posts: 423
Joined: Wed Jun 20, 2018 1:03 pm

Re: Did you get your flu vaccine?

Post by Midwest_non_sleeper » Mon Oct 11, 2021 3:53 pm

Okie bipap wrote:
Fri Oct 08, 2021 5:20 pm
We always get ours every year. When I was in the military, it was mandatory to get the shot. I simply kept it up after retiring from the military. We have gotten the high dose shot for several years, now with out any problems.
That's strange, because I don't remember having the flu vaccine be mandatory when I was serving, even while CONUS.

Smallpox and Anthrax (seven rounds!) yes, but not flu. I guess we weren't really concerned with the flu while overseas.