AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
User avatar
Rmarvin
Posts: 12
Joined: Wed Jun 15, 2016 2:44 pm
Location: Southern California
Contact:

AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by Rmarvin » Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:25 pm

Wife has been using an AirSense 11 (AS11) since 10/22. She replaced a AS10. Everything was working fine - MyAir showing nightly results each morning, Bluetooth connectivity to smartphone working fine. All well. Only complaint so far was “it seems noisy.”
Then four nights ago, all communication stopped. My Air on the internet has not gotten any information, the smartphone has no data either. I am thinking that it must be a problem with the “transmission” part of the actual machine. The SD card reports everything in Oscar just fine. Any ideas? I plan to contact the DME next week, but I am have a Pacemaker replaced on Monday so I have a few other things on my mind. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but just don’t expect me pick them up right away. TIA

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 31440
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist bog

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 16, 2021 1:14 pm

Rmarvin wrote:
Sat Nov 13, 2021 10:25 pm
Wife has been using an AirSense 11 (AS11) since 10/22. She replaced a AS10. Everything was working fine - MyAir showing nightly results each morning, Bluetooth connectivity to smartphone working fine. All well. Only complaint so far was “it seems noisy.”
Then four nights ago, all communication stopped. My Air on the internet has not gotten any information, the smartphone has no data either. I am thinking that it must be a problem with the “transmission” part of the actual machine. The SD card reports everything in Oscar just fine. Any ideas? I plan to contact the DME next week, but I am have a Pacemaker replaced on Monday so I have a few other things on my mind. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated, but just don’t expect me pick them up right away. TIA
There is NO BLUETOOTH!
EDIT: This only applies to airsense 10 models, as has been kindly pointed out to me.
MyAir is all cellular signal, which feeds the app.
My guess: MyAir can only be as reliable as the cellular signal and
the server software that drives it.
You get what Resmed is willing to pay for.
Since everything worked fine for a while, the machine should be OK.
Note: This is why we recommend Oscar. :mrgreen:
Last edited by chunkyfrog on Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset FOR HER, p10 mask

Scott_G
Posts: 22
Joined: Thu Dec 20, 2012 12:01 pm

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by Scott_G » Tue Nov 16, 2021 3:51 pm

How many "bars" does the cell signal indicator, top right of AS11 display, show?

As @chunkyfrog said, the only way AS11 sends data to MyAir is via cellular. While the machine has a bluetooth modem, it appears (in my experience) to be used ONLY for the app to retrieve the AS11 serial number and "auto-register" that on your MyAir account. The App gets its data from the server AFTER that data has been sent to the server by the machine via cellular.

If your display shows no cellular signal (diagonal line across the "bars") or only shows a single bar lit, you might try temporarily moving the machine to another location where there is stronger signal. When it powers up and has good signal, it should transmit the data it has stored.
Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset
Resmed ClimatelineAir-11 Tube
Resmed P30i Mask

User avatar
Dog Slobber
Posts: 2934
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:05 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by Dog Slobber » Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:29 pm

Almost always, when somebody (who has been receiving MyAir reports) stops getting their reports it's a delay or problem on ResMed's servers and they will start showing up shortly.

The exception being:
You are using a depracated cellular technology that has finally been shutdown in your area. This has happened with the very early cdma Air10 devices, and is starting to happen with the 3g air devices.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by zonker » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:07 pm

Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:29 pm
depracated
[/quote}

very good word usage!

(i won't even complain about the spelling!)
By replacing your morning coffee with green tea, you can lose up to 87% of what little joy you have left in your life.

User avatar
Respirator99
Posts: 27
Joined: Mon Jul 05, 2021 12:39 am
Location: Australia

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by Respirator99 » Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:56 pm

There is NO BLUETOOTH!
WRONG! RTFM - the Airsense 11 does have Bluetooth. Read the specifications:

Bluetooth
Technology used: Bluetooth Low Energy (BLE)
Connection types: GATT
Frequency: 2400 to 2483.5 MHz
Max RF power output: +4 dBm
Operation range: 10 m (Class 2

https://document.resmed.com/documents/p ... er_mul.pdf

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 31440
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist bog

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Nov 16, 2021 7:04 pm

I would use MyAir myself if it provided at least the same data as
the on-screen display, (when Options>Essentials is set to PLUS.)
Which it does not--and serves me not.
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset FOR HER, p10 mask

User avatar
Dog Slobber
Posts: 2934
Joined: Thu Feb 15, 2018 2:05 pm
Location: Ontario, Canada

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by Dog Slobber » Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:43 am

zonker wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:07 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:29 pm
depracated
very good word usage!

(i won't even complain about the spelling!)
Thank you! To show my appreciation, I won't complain about your incorrect use of case, or the quote tags.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by zonker » Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:33 am

Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:43 am
zonker wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:07 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:29 pm
depracated
very good word usage!

(i won't even complain about the spelling!)
Thank you! To show my appreciation, I won't complain about your incorrect use of case, or the quote tags.
no, thank YOU.

i don't think i'll ever get the quote tags right. but it's good of you not to mention it!
By replacing your morning coffee with green tea, you can lose up to 87% of what little joy you have left in your life.

User avatar
palerider
Posts: 30359
Joined: Wed Dec 16, 2009 5:43 pm
Location: Dallas(ish).

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by palerider » Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:04 pm

zonker wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 11:33 am
Dog Slobber wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 9:43 am
zonker wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 6:07 pm
Dog Slobber wrote:
Tue Nov 16, 2021 4:29 pm
depracated
very good word usage!

(i won't even complain about the spelling!)
Thank you! To show my appreciation, I won't complain about your incorrect use of case, or the quote tags.
no, thank YOU.

i don't think i'll ever get the quote tags right. but it's good of you not to mention it!
If you want, I can set up a zoom call with you and see if I can answer any questions about their usage. ;)
Get OSCAR and come chat on IRC: #cpaptalk on irc.libera.chat

Accounts to put on the foe list: mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They're often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

User avatar
zonker
Posts: 8297
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2015 4:36 pm

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by zonker » Wed Nov 17, 2021 6:23 pm

palerider wrote:
Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:04 pm

If you want, I can set up a zoom call with you and see if I can answer any questions about their usage. ;)
Image

and now i must say thank YOU!
:lol: :lol: :lol:
By replacing your morning coffee with green tea, you can lose up to 87% of what little joy you have left in your life.

SleeplessInDayton
Posts: 6
Joined: Fri Aug 27, 2021 11:47 am

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by SleeplessInDayton » Fri Nov 19, 2021 6:50 am

Airsense 11 has 4g modem (you can see under about menu).

Mine did the same thing last week, suddenly it had no signal and thus no upload for several days. If you go under About menu, it shows nothing for carrier or modem hardware information. Unplug it for a bit, then plug back in. Seems to be an intermittent bug with the current device software, not a carrier issue.

First and only time it has happened to mine (~4 months with unit).
Mask: ResMed AirFit F20
Machine: ResMed AirSense 11 AutoSet

User avatar
chunkyfrog
Posts: 31440
Joined: Mon Jul 12, 2010 5:10 pm
Location: in a nice, moist bog

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by chunkyfrog » Fri Nov 19, 2021 10:10 am

((Communication software provided by an offshore subsidiary of MS, no doubt))
[[[Or is Microsoft ALL offshore???]]]
Resmed Airsense 10 Autoset FOR HER, p10 mask

CPAP2017
Posts: 32
Joined: Wed Mar 11, 2020 12:28 pm

Re: AirSense 11 Communication issues ??

Post by CPAP2017 » Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:12 am

I got the Resmed AirSense 11 in October too. Yes, there were two days a few days ago that weren't updated real time. Must have been a widespread problem. Fixed now, all data caught up and showing.