Lanisoh Lanolin

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Ins Man

Lanisoh Lanolin

Post by Ins Man » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:51 am

I have been using my cpap for about 3 weeks now and first had the Mirage Softgel mask but am now trying the Swift LT. I am really liking the Swift LT but am still getting some leaks. What is this Lanisoh Lanolin and does it help to seal without damaging the silicone? If it is a good thing to use, where do I apply it and where might I be able to purchase it?

Marietjie

Re: Lanisoh Lanolin

Post by Marietjie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:21 am

Ins Man wrote:What is this Lanisoh Lanolin
Ins Man, LANSINOH(LAN-SI-NOH) is Lanolin without alchohol - and it will not damage silicon - you can read more about ideas to seal pillows at:
viewtopic/t49838/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=49 ... al#p453758

rubymom

Post by rubymom » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:22 am

The Lansinoh (I think you have it spelled wrong) is a product targeted at nursing mothers so you will find it in the baby section of stores. You can probably find it at Target, Walmart, drugstores. I paid about $10 for a fairly small tube. The tube was purple in color.

I've used it for a few months now with no damage at all to the nasal pillows. I use a very tiny amount because if I use too much the pillows slide around. I generally put a tiny amount on my fingertip. The I lightly rub it just on the inner opening of my nares--where the pillow sits just inside my nose.

Good luck!

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Thu Mar 04, 2010 8:30 am

Ins Man wrote:I have been using my cpap for about 3 weeks now and first had the Mirage Softgel mask but am now trying the Swift LT. I am really liking the Swift LT but am still getting some leaks. What is this Lanisoh Lanolin and does it help to seal without damaging the silicone? If it is a good thing to use, where do I apply it and where might I be able to purchase it?
Lansinoh is safe for babies to ingest, so no, it won't hurt the silicone on the mask. Many of us use it to help seal nasal pillows, as it's rather thick and gooey and does the job well.

Lansinoh comes in a purple box, and you can find it in most pharmacies near the nursing mother supplies. It's fairly expensive (about $10), but you just need a little dab each night, so a tube will last a good long while. I apply it sparingly to the edges of my nostrils.

Hope that helps, and good luck.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

bearded_two

Post by bearded_two » Thu Mar 04, 2010 10:42 am

It appears that there are two similar products that look the same; Lansinoh Cream and Lansinoh Lanolin

Marietjie

Post by Marietjie » Thu Mar 04, 2010 12:35 pm

Marietjie wrote: LANSINOH(LAN-SI-NOH) is Lanolin without alchohol
just want to correct the word: (LAN-SIN-OH)
Lansinoh Nipple Cream is what you must buy. (Nipple Cream aka Nipple Grease to us Hoseheads! ! ! )
http://www.lansinoh.co.uk/

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Thu Mar 04, 2010 1:15 pm

But be forewarned! The first time you put nipple grease on your nose...it might make you feel like a boob!

(C'mon, you know I HAD to say it... )

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

Jersey Girl

Post by Jersey Girl » Thu Mar 04, 2010 7:22 pm

LinkC:

!

Your friend,

Jersey Girl

Happiness is from the heart out, not the world in.

Ins Man

Post by Ins Man » Fri Mar 05, 2010 9:15 am

Thanks for all of your help!! My wife picked some up for me last night for me. I tried it out and had no leaks!! I have only had a few nights woth no leaks so it felt good. I think that I am now beginning to not only get used to the machine bu feel like I have had a really good nights sleep.
The information on this forum has been a real help.

sleeplessinaz

Post by sleeplessinaz » Fri Mar 05, 2010 8:14 pm

Use the Lanolin in the tube-----not the cream.

C

APAP setting is 6 to 12
HH 2.5
Side Sleeper
HypoThyroidism & Diabetes
New Airsense autoset 12/08/14

Country4ever

Post by Country4ever » Sat Mar 06, 2010 9:16 am

I'm so excited about this. I've been trying to figure out a way to gently occlude the area around my nasal pillow prongs and this cream seemed to be a good idea. I bought some yesterday and tried it last night for the first time, and was amazed how well it held the pillow prongs to the inside of my nose. Its just tacky enough to hold the soft pillow material in place.
Whoever thought of this.......thanks!

fidelfs

Post by fidelfs » Sat Mar 06, 2010 10:56 am

You guys are lucky. In my case after a few Lanisoh becomes kind of liquid and slippery and any attempt to have a decent seal is gone.

Do I do something wrong? or I run a few degrees hotter that the rest of you I don't know.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Sat Mar 06, 2010 11:11 am

fidelfs wrote:You guys are lucky. In my case after a few Lanisoh becomes kind of liquid and slippery and any attempt to have a decent seal is gone.

Do I do something wrong? or I run a few degrees hotter that the rest of you I don't know.
You may be using a little too much Lansinoh, fidelfs. I use just a small dab on the edges of the nostrils, and I haven't had the problem you're describing.

Perhaps your bedroom is too warm? My thermostat is at 62 overnight. Not sure if that makes any difference re: the Lansinoh...
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

pb5927317

Post by pb5927317 » Sat Mar 06, 2010 12:50 pm

fidelfs wrote:You guys are lucky. In my case after a few Lanisoh becomes kind of liquid and slippery and any attempt to have a decent seal is gone.

Same problem with it, it just got too gooey then my mask slid off during the middle of the night...using this stuff on the mask seal, then put the remzzz on top of that works GREAT!

Country4ever

Post by Country4ever » Sat Mar 06, 2010 2:55 pm

It definitely does better when not too warm.
Also fidelfs.........are you using a pillow size that's big enough? I have a small nose, but found out that the large pillow works best. I think the lanolin works better if the pillow nostil edges are smack dab against your nose.