Nipple Grease...

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
LinkC

Re: Nipple Grease...

Post by LinkC » Tue Jun 16, 2009 7:32 am

[quote="BleepingBeautyOthers here use a moldable silicone earplug product, rolled into a thin rope and run along the mask's seal to "fill in any gaps" where the mask meets the face. If you search here for info on "earplugs," I'm sure you'll find some posts about it. [/quote]

Ah! Good ol' "Mack's"! I'd almost forgotten the nights I fought with that stuff...

Unlike his passengers who died screaming as the car went over the cliff...

mdintx

Post by mdintx » Tue Jun 16, 2009 9:15 am

BleepingBeauty wrote:
mdintx wrote:Would the nipple grease work around the bridge of the nose to help create a seal with a nasal mask?
Otherwise, I've also read of people using a piece of moleskin (or some other cloth "buffer" between the mask seal and the face), which also seems to be effective.

HTH
I tried using some transpore with the Mirage Micro and noticed that it was leaking...so moleskin would work better? I may have to pick some of that up.

Marietjie

Post by Marietjie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 2:37 am

BleepingBeauty wrote:Contact: Jane Pitt
Telephone: +27 11 788-9102 / 72
Fax: +27 11 327-1837
Mobile: +27 83 300 4302
E-mail for inquiries:
info@breastpumps.co.za
...........BleepingBeauty - you gave me this name and contact details re LansinohLanolin.
I emailed and they immediately wrote back giving me the names of shops that stock Lansinoh. I again emailed to thank Jane and was surprised to receive another email from them saying that they are sending me a free tube of Lansinoh as well as a tube of Purelan (which is NOT (yet) available in stores) They now want me to try both products and report back to them which one I prefer. Okay, so now I wait for the parcel and will try both. Very interesting! GoodDay !

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Wed Jun 17, 2009 4:52 am

Wow! Jackpot....
Good for you!

It sounds like they don't get many inquiries and were happy just to get some email.

Hmmmm...maybe I should email Respironics and ask where I can get a new APAP machine?

rosiefrosie

Post by rosiefrosie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 6:08 am

LOL LinkC. I use a small amount around my nares. I looked and looked for it and could not find it and then when browsing through the baby dept. there it was. It is usually where the breast feeding supplies are in Target or Wal-Mart.

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Jun 17, 2009 7:11 am

Marietjie wrote:
BleepingBeauty wrote:Contact: Jane Pitt
Telephone: +27 11 788-9102 / 72
Fax: +27 11 327-1837
Mobile: +27 83 300 4302
E-mail for inquiries:
info@breastpumps.co.za
...........BleepingBeauty - you gave me this name and contact details re LansinohLanolin.
I emailed and they immediately wrote back giving me the names of shops that stock Lansinoh. I again emailed to thank Jane and was surprised to receive another email from them saying that they are sending me a free tube of Lansinoh as well as a tube of Purelan (which is NOT (yet) available in stores) They now want me to try both products and report back to them which one I prefer. Okay, so now I wait for the parcel and will try both. Very interesting! GoodDay !
Marietjie,

Wow! Now, that's what I call a fantastic customer service experience! I'm duly impressed. I hope you find that the Lansinoh helps you get a better seal.

I'll be interested to hear your opinion on Purelan, too, as I've not yet heard anything about that product. Keep us posted.
Veni, vidi, Velcro. I came, I saw, I stuck around.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

PR S1 ASV 950, DreamWear mask, F&P 150 humidifier, O2 @ 2L.

Marietjie

Post by Marietjie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 9:10 am

BleepingBeauty wrote:Marietjie,

Wow! Now, that's what I call a fantastic customer service experience! I'm duly impressed. I hope you find that the Lansinoh helps you get a better seal.

I'll be interested to hear your opinion on Purelan, too, as I've not yet heard anything about that product. Keep us posted.
I certainly will !
.....BleepingBeauty, this is what Anne & Jane said in their email:' Thank you for your email & all the information that you have given. I now have an insight as to what sleep apnea is. I thought this only happened in babies & NOT adults ----

BleepBleep - how many years still before all human beings learn about sleep apnae ?
When I emailed them, I explained what I want to use the Lansinoh for and with my email I sent them a picture of my nasal pillows so that they could see where I want to put the lanolin. Also told them about how bad sleep apnae is for one's health. I think from my part, it is important to tell people about our therapy. This could help someone they know or even themselves.
So, now I'm going to be their hose-headed-quinea-pig !
My plan is to use one product (Lansinoh) for 4 nights then the Purelan for 4 nights.
Maybe it would be best if I PM you about the results ?
LinkC wrote:It sounds like they don't get many inquiries and were happy just to get some email.
LinkC.....When I email, I use pretty, pretty email letters - some of them with midi's - Jane even thanked me for sending her such a beautiful email. Use them when you email Respironics and see what happens ? (new (free)apap machine?)

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:04 am

Marietjie wrote: .....BleepingBeauty, this is what Anne & Jane said in their email:' Thank you for your email & all the information that you have given. I now have an insight as to what sleep apnea is. I thought this only happened in babies & NOT adults ----
That's very interesting. Perhaps you'll help the company expand its marketing strategies to appeal to an entirely new population of potential users of the product. We know about Lansinoh from the forum, but imagine how many other hoseheads have no idea that the product exists and can be so helpful? Good deal.
BleepBleep - how many years still before all human beings learn about sleep apnae ?
Well, that's a good question. Maybe it's time to resurrect the bumpersticker thread so we can help to raise awareness about OSA.
When I emailed them, I explained what I want to use the Lansinoh for and with my email I sent them a picture of my nasal pillows so that they could see where I want to put the lanolin. Also told them about how bad sleep apnae is for one's health. I think from my part, it is important to tell people about our therapy. This could help someone they know or even themselves.
So, now I'm going to be their hose-headed-quinea-pig !
I think that's great! You can certainly give them good feedback, since you've not used the product(s) before and will likely have a good idea about how well they work in this application. I'm sure they'll appreciate your comments.
My plan is to use one product (Lansinoh) for 4 nights then the Purelan for 4 nights.
Maybe it would be best if I PM you about the results ?
Sounds like a plan. Feel free to PM me if that's your preference, but I think others here would be interested in your findings, too.

Dx 11/07: AHI 107, central apnea, Cheyne Stokes respiration, moderate-severe O2 desats. (Simple OSA would be too easy. ;))

Marietjie

Post by Marietjie » Wed Jun 17, 2009 10:20 pm

BleepingBeauty wrote:Well, that's a good question.
.....YES !

I still think it's GREAT idea !
BleepingBeauty wrote:but I think others here would be interested in your findings, too.
....Okay!

preemiern

Post by preemiern » Thu Jun 18, 2009 12:44 am

When we use nasal cpap on the preemies, the babies always end up with sore nares. I think I'm going to bring up about using the Lanisoh and see if I get anywhere with the powers that be in my neonatal ICU. Maybe we can save some babies from having sore nares!!

Marietjie

Post by Marietjie » Thu Jun 18, 2009 1:08 am

preemiern wrote:When we use nasal cpap on the preemies, the babies always end up with sore nares. I think I'm going to bring up about using the Lanisoh and see if I get anywhere with the powers that be in my neonatal ICU. Maybe we can save some babies from having sore nares!!
preemiern - Early this morning I read on Internet the uses of this cream.....
Wonderful stuff for tender, sore, reddened, nipples, cracked, raw nipples, Nappy rash, Cracked or dry skin (babies, toddlers & adults) The Purelan that they sent me is a product from Switzerland - Medela. The Lansinoh agent asked me to use both and report back to her which one, Lansinoh or Purelan, I prefer. I will let you all know in about 10days time.

BleepingBeauty wrote:Wow! Now, that's what I call a fantastic customer service experience! I'm duly im
BleepBleep - let me impress you even more - I emailed my postal address yesterday, 10.19am (they are 700 miles from PE) and this morning, 8.15am there was a knock on the door ! - a parcel from JanePitt, Johannesburg with the two tubes of lanolin !

BleepingBeauty

Post by BleepingBeauty » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:17 am

Marietjie wrote:
BleepingBeauty wrote:Wow! Now, that's what I call a fantastic customer service experience!
BleepBleep - let me impress you even more - I emailed my postal address yesterday, 10.19am (they are 700 miles from PE) and this morning, 8.15am there was a knock on the door ! - a parcel from JanePitt, Johannesburg with the two tubes of lanolin !
Consider it done! That's amazing. You just don't find customer service like that anymore. Ms. Pitt deserves a lot of credit for representing her company so well.

Paul56

Post by Paul56 » Thu Jun 18, 2009 8:32 am

Oh darn... thought I was on the wrong board for a while.

whatrdreamsmadeof

Post by whatrdreamsmadeof » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:09 am

What works for me on both my FF and my Swift Lt. for Her is good ole Chap Stick, never melts, not greasy and I get the Classic Cherry. When I have any sinus issues, very rarely I use the Chap Stick with Menthol and get great relief. Worth a try it's cheap, easy to find, and works great on sore nares even when you don't use Cpap.
Good Luck,
Ellen

LinkC

Post by LinkC » Thu Jun 18, 2009 9:32 am

whatrdreamsmadeof wrote:good ole Chap Stick, never melts, not greasy
Whoa! That make's perfect sense! And I keep a tube on my nightstand...right next to the Lansinoh! Duh...
whatrdreamsmadeof wrote:works great on sore nares even when you don't use Cpap
I'm not even gonna ask...