Oscar help / are these "artifacts", am I half robot?!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Pugsy

Re: Oscar help / are these "artifacts", am I half robot?!

Post by Pugsy » Thu May 25, 2023 6:16 pm

Must be an OSCAR glitch as the SleepHq report is normal looking.
Was this the only night where the wacko flow rate was so blocky?
If so, you might purge that one night and upload again and see if it is resolved or not.
To purge a date...In OSCAR go to Data tab...then advanced tab and you will see the purge information stuff.

I don't have time right now to do a breath by breath evaluation of the SleepHq report but from a glance I saw quite a few arousals that appeared to be spontaneous...no known cause but not related to airway issues.

I will need some time to read up on your meds but in general any of the ADHD meds are going to mess with sleep quality.
Mess with sleep quality and it will sure mess with how restorative your sleep is or isn't and how you feel the next day.

Have you ever had a diagnostic sleep study (in home or in lab) without using the MAD device?

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Mishehu

Post by Mishehu » Thu May 25, 2023 6:54 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 6:16 pm
Was this the only night where the wacko flow rate was so blocky? Not the only night but it's not very often - like 3 times this month.
If so, you might purge that one night and upload again and see if it is resolved or not. To purge a date...In OSCAR go to Data tab...then advanced tab and you will see the purge information stuff.
Yes I did set up a new profile and uploaded the data and the same thing happened. I will try to upload oscar to my other computer and see if the same thing happens there. I didn't want to purge from this system completely because I made extensive notes each night on my mask, what medicines i took, how I mouth taped... and how I felt in the morning.

I don't have time right now to do a breath by breath evaluation of the SleepHq report but from a glance I saw quite a few arousals that appeared to be spontaneous...no known cause but not related to airway issues.
I will need some time to read up on your meds but in general any of the ADHD meds are going to mess with sleep quality.
Mess with sleep quality and it will sure mess with how restorative your sleep is or isn't and how you feel the next day.
Yes, agreed. the problem is that I still had similar sleep issues before I was diagnosed. I appreciate any time you have. Thank you.
Have you ever had a diagnostic sleep study (in home or in lab) without using the MAD device?
No, I've been wearing a dental appliance (but not MAD) since I was a pre-teen (I was grinding my teeth since I was very little) and didn't realise it could be apnea related until much much later. They told me to wear the MAD during the last study (purposefully, the other ones they didn't say whether to or not but they knew I wore one and I asked before I put it on), I am not wearing the MAD now, just a simple boil and bite as a teeth preventative.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Fri May 26, 2023 7:27 am

Mishehu wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:37 pm
I do take ADHD medication
Here is something to be aware of. Doctors have a horrible habit of diagnosing ADHD or ADD when the root problem is sleep apnea. I'm glad your doctor recommended a sleep study.

Mishehu

Post by Mishehu » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:51 pm

ChicagoGranny wrote:
Fri May 26, 2023 7:27 am
Mishehu wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 1:37 pm
I do take ADHD medication
Here is something to be aware of. Doctors have a horrible habit of diagnosing ADHD or ADD when the root problem is sleep apnea. I'm glad your doctor recommended a sleep study.

Thank you, so sorry for the delay,

This is normally true, I roll my eyes most of the time people say they were diagnosed or think they have it. Or those people who say they meditated, dieted or similar to control it.... And that the DSM changed the name to erase ADD is really annoying .. I have ADHD - severe emphasis on the H. IMHO probably over 50-75% of those diagnosis (for the gen population) are something else or just being human.

It was clear I had it since I was little, even before I was diagnosed in college at the behest of two guy friends who had it (also severely hyperactive) and they were shocked I wasn't diagnosed. I have never met another woman who has the H part even half as bad. (I do not think this aspect is common, It is probably easy to misdiagnose ADD (esp. for) women. I tried looking it up to see how common (the hyperactive part for women is) but couldn't find it.

The shifting standards and names do a disservice to everyone. People need reminders also that not everything is a condition or a label, and multiple things can cause the same symptoms.

Thank you for pointing this out, while It unfortunately doesn't change for me, it might affect someone else who is reading this.

Questions:

(I wonder though if an undiagnosed AHI of 5 or 6 be comparable to ADD symptoms? Like I could see if someone had a 10-20 AHI so they were having difficulty with mood, concentration, etc., but mine was 5.8 (in lab) and 5.9 (at home) - 3 years apart, sleep studies. If I didn't have the hyperactivity would the symptoms be similar that a misdiagnosis is highly possible? (I'm at <2 on CPAP and I'm still as hyper, distracted, etc. If anyone is curious what CPAP has done to the adHd)

And could the reverse be true? Am I having such issues with restless legs/ PLM in sleep because of the ADHD - is that knowable? (sorry if this is OT).

THANK YOU!

Mishehu

Post by Mishehu » Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:58 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Thu May 25, 2023 6:16 pm
Was this the only night where the wacko flow rate was so blocky?
If so, you might purge that one night and upload again and see if it is resolved or not.
To purge a date...In OSCAR go to Data tab...then advanced tab and you will see the purge information stuff.
I switched SD cards again and purged all the data and then redid to oscar. I still had two nights since we last chatted where it happened - different masks this time too - evora and p10 - previous was n30i. Should I delete oscar and reinstall? Thank you (sorry for delays in responding here).

As an aside, (this image is for a different night) (should I start a new post for this?) What do you think about all the CAs? That can't be normal... the more I use the cpap it looks like the more CAs I am getting. with or without Epap (yes that says 17 hours, it is correct... I didn't sleep the night before.... Image

zonker

Post by zonker » Tue Jun 20, 2023 7:44 pm

Mishehu wrote:
Tue Jun 20, 2023 12:58 pm

As an aside, (this image is for a different night) (should I start a new post for this?)
no. this is now your therapy thread. please keep everything here for the time being so that the folks giving you advice can better keep an eye on your progress.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg