How am I looking???

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Kingsway

How am I looking???

Post by Kingsway » Tue May 23, 2023 8:45 am

I've only been using my SEFAM apap for about three weeks. I am on a 6 week trial and have no prescription yet. But I've been tinkering and think I have got my pressures reasonably well sorted (min 6.5 - max 10 ) But can not export files to OSCAR or SleepHQ (CPAP not compatible)

I have just bought a used Airsense 10 Autoset - I ran it for one night and would be grateful if someone could have a look at my results for that night....

https://sleephq.com/public/227fe7bf-975 ... 172f402cfb

I'm a bit puzzled that the pressures seem to have stayed at the max (10) most of the night...Does that mean I need to set my maximum higher? Could the Airsense 10 be faulty???

( At the same settings on my SEFAM last night - I had AHI 1.6 ACI .3 )

TIA

Just bought a 2nd hand (6500 hr) Resmed Airsense 10 Auto set (Sadly with a noisy motor- but IS compatibl with OSCAR !!)

Pugsy

Re: How am I looking???

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 23, 2023 8:53 am

Kingsway wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 8:45 am
I'm a bit puzzled that the pressures seem to have stayed at the max (10) most of the night...Does that mean I need to set my maximum higher?
That's the usual recommendation when a machine maxes out at the maximum pressure limitation for a sizable chunk of the night...which is what happens with the current settings.
The machine wants to go higher but can't....how much higher we have no idea...and the reason is most likely the flow limitations it sensed and recorded.
Kingsway wrote:
Could the Airsense 10 be faulty???
Extremely doubtful that is machine malfunction especially with the FLs we see.
The machine always has, what it thinks, is a good reason for increasing the pressure. Now sometimes the reason isn't that big of a deal....
Like....if the machine is sensing nasal congestion and thinks it is flow limitations which need more pressure but instead the person was having a lot of nasal congestion muddying up the evaluations.

Did you have much nasal congestion this night????

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Kingsway

Post by Kingsway » Tue May 23, 2023 8:58 am

Aha! I did have some nasal congestion.... I forgot to take a Loratidine , or use my nasal spray.

Thanks for the tip!

Just bought a 2nd hand (6500 hr) Resmed Airsense 10 Auto set (Sadly with a noisy motor- but IS compatibl with OSCAR !!)

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 23, 2023 9:10 am

Ahhhh...that likely explains some of the FLs. Unknown just how much at this time but the machine can't tell if the flow reduction is in the nose itself from swollen turbinates or from further down in the airway.
Nasal congestion won't respond to more pressure no matter how much more the machine wants to give it. Gotta instead do the more traditional methods (like the ones you forgot) to help reduce nasal congestion.

Don't forget tonight and see what the report looks like tomorrow.

Your FL graph isn't horrible though. I have seen much, much worse.

How did you sleep? That's important too.

I see the one wake up at 1:30...were there any other wake ups? Those little clusters of events both before and after the obvious wake up I would bet my last dollar that those are SWJ sleep/wake/junk false positive flagging and can be ignore as not real asleep apnea flagged events. You have to be asleep for them to matter.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 23, 2023 9:17 am

BTW...I just now zoomed in on those 2 clusters...as I expected you weren't sound asleep when they were flagged.
Doesn't look like you actually fell asleep until around until around 1:38 or about the time of the flagged hyponea at 1:38:30.

You have to mentally toss those numbers out the window when evaluating the AHI for the entire night and if we do that your report is actually quite decent ....assuming you slept soundly for the most part.

Repeat the experiment tonight but don't forget your allergy meds. At this point I wouldn't go increasing the max pressure setting. I don't like making 2 changes at one time and there isn't any critical proven need for more pressure at this point anyway.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 23, 2023 9:42 am

Kingsway wrote:
Could the Airsense 10 be faulty???
Your settings are faulty, should probably be more like a min of 8 and max of 20.
Kingsway wrote:
( At the same settings on my SEFAM last night - I had AHI 1.6 ACI .3 )
Sleep isn't the same from night to night.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

palerider

Post by palerider » Tue May 23, 2023 9:45 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:10 am
Nasal congestion won't respond to more pressure no matter how much more the machine wants to give it.
Mine does, I can be congested all day, and when I put on the mask, it opens up my nasal passages so I can breathe better. 'course, the filtered air can't hurt, especially if it's allergies.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue May 23, 2023 9:52 am

palerider wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:45 am
Pugsy wrote:
Nasal congestion won't respond to more pressure no matter how much more the machine wants to give it.
Mine does, I can be congested all day, and when I put on the mask, it opens up my nasal passages so I can breathe better. 'course, the filtered air can't hurt, especially if it's allergies.
Yeah....but we both know you are special. :lol:

Maybe I should qualify my general statements in more detail...but that's too much work. I will wait and do it only on a prm basis.

palerider

Post by palerider » Wed May 24, 2023 12:49 am

Pugsy wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:52 am
palerider wrote:
Tue May 23, 2023 9:45 am
Pugsy wrote:
Yeah....but we both know you are special. :lol:

Maybe I should qualify my general statements in more detail...but that's too much work. I will wait and do it only on a prm basis.
I imagine it depends on *where* the restriction is in the nasal cavity. :)

Kingsway

Three nights using my refurbished Airsense 10 Autoset

Post by Kingsway » Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:06 am

I now have three nights data, while using my newly refurbished Airsense 10 Autoset

Night of the 6th June (Auto):

My AHI is always reasonably low - But I frequently wake up - often with the mask blowing off my face... (With the Simplus mask - which leaks very easily when I sleep on my side)

https://sleephq.com/public/5143c7ca-3ff ... 55371c713a
screenshot-20230609-120528.png
screenshot-20230609-120528.png (92.38 KiB) Viewed 2314 times

(Night of the 7th - CPAP mode)

I seem to sleep with fewer interuptions when I use a fixed pressure !

https://sleephq.com/public/6a869305-ab9 ... ff06e747b4

screenshot-20230609-120551.png
screenshot-20230609-120551.png (89 KiB) Viewed 2314 times

Night of the 8th (Auto - new, better fitting, F20 mask)

Much better AHI - only two Hypopneas all night! But barely 4 hours sleep, for some reason - at 2.00 am I was wide awake and ready to go!

(First session-sleeping on my left -- Second session-sleeping on my right, with a few more leaks)

https://sleephq.com/public/e2acb31e-319 ... 747900ee65
screenshot-20230609-120613.png
screenshot-20230609-120613.png (90.72 KiB) Viewed 2314 times

Should I perhaps stick to a fixed pressure - in which case how do I find the best pressure? Or a more restricted auto range of pressures, perhaps?

Any advice would be very gratefully recieved!

Last edited by Kingsway on Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:57 am, edited 5 times in total.
SEFAM S.Box auto-cpap (Sadly NOT compatible with OSCAR :( )
F&P Simplus mask

ozij

Re: Three nights using my refurbished Airsense 10 Autoset

Post by ozij » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:58 am

Kingsway wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 1:06 am

(Night of the 7th - CPAP mode)

https://sleephq.com/account/teams/JlERP ... 2023-06-07

I seem to sleep with fewer interuptions when I use a fixed pressure !
So do I.
Should I perhaps stick to a fixed pressure - in which case how do I find the best pressure? Or a more restricted auto range of pressures, perhaps?
Stay at the same settings for about a week.
Keep track - even a log - of how well you slept, how long you slept, and how you feel during the day.
Use that as data for deciding whether you need to change the pressure, and in which direction.

Check the instructions for creating a public share of your data, the are to your account - not public, we can't see them.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Kingsway

Post by Kingsway » Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:25 am

Have now deleted the faulty links to Sleephq - Looks like you have to have a (expensive) Pro account to sare publically!

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri Jun 09, 2023 6:14 am

Kingsway wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:25 am
Have now deleted the faulty links to Sleephq - Looks like you have to have a (expensive) Pro account to sare publically!
Check again. There's a trial option the lets you share single nights for free. I don't know the details - but many others have used it.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Hrapovick

Post by Hrapovick » Fri Jun 09, 2023 8:21 am

Kingsway wrote:
Fri Jun 09, 2023 5:25 am
No you don't. I'm on a free SleepHQ account and can share my data. Here's how you do it:

Kingsway

Post by Kingsway » Fri Jun 09, 2023 10:59 am

Of course!!! Links (the correct one) re-added! Tks :oops: