Airmini + Zephair adapter + generic HME filter?

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
chriscowles

Airmini + Zephair adapter + generic HME filter?

Post by chriscowles » Sat Mar 18, 2023 1:27 pm

Has anyone successfully cobbled together Airfit P30i headgear with an Airmini, including humidification?

We use AS10's at home and sleep very comfortably. We have Airminis and find them satisfactory for travel. In reading a few other posts here about travel CPAPs, I saw reference to the Zephair adapter for the Airmini and, separately, a link to generic HME filters on Amazon.

Living in Florida we generally don't use the humidifiers except when congested due to high pollen counts. We sometimes travel to low-humidity areas where humidification is necessary. We use Airfit P10 nasal pillows with a HumidX cartridge with the Airminis but prefer the Airfit P30i nasal pillows we use at home, hence my search for information.

I appreciate any advice you can offer. Links to products would be very helpful.

Thanks

jsmit86

Re: Airmini + Zephair adapter + generic HME filter?

Post by jsmit86 » Sun Mar 19, 2023 6:39 pm

I used the generic HMEs a week ago in Las Vegas with a Z2 Auto.
If you are using standard headgear and tubing (via the adapter) it will work.

I don't usually bother with humidity with the Z2, but as dry as Las Vegas is, I wanted some. It worked fine. The generic HMEs appear identical to the Breas/HDM units.

Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset - Former Airsense 10 Autoset
Resmed Airtouch F20 Foam Mask
Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

chriscowles

Post by chriscowles » Wed Apr 12, 2023 7:34 am

I finally got the resplab adapter and MaxMed HME filter for use with my AirMini. The adapter works as expected. I inserted the HME filter between the distal end of the hose and the top of my ResMed P30i headgear. As far as I can tell it seals as well as intended and I can breath normally.

I slept with it last night and it works fine with no apparent leaks. I can't really tell if it increased humidity because I normally don't use a humidifier, anyway. That said, the AirMini app reports a score of only 9/20 on mask seal. I suspect that's a result of being calibrated for use with ResMed's HumidX system but don't really know. Everything else looks good. I know it's a simplistic gauge.

Does anyone have insight into this combination of hardware?

My P30i has some vents below the nasal pillows. Whatever air is lost through those vents cannot be filtered moisture. With the N10 and HumidX, does all exhaled air vent out through the HumidX? That might be more efficient at capturing exhaled moisture.

stevenal

Post by stevenal » Thu Apr 13, 2023 1:04 pm

I expect the mask vents at the nose, meaning your exhaled moisture won't make it to the HME. Note that Resmed does not make an Airmini HumidX version of this mask. There is an Airmini HumidX version of the P10 however.
AirSence 10 Autoset, Dreamstation 2 backup, Swift FX, Z1 for travel.