Pre-authorization

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Dulcenia

Pre-authorization

Post by Dulcenia » Tue Mar 07, 2023 3:20 pm

Great, I thought I would have my CPAP by this week. NOW i have to wait for insurance pre-approval. Why they can't do all the paperwork at one time rather than this step than this step then this step is beyond me. You got to love bureaucracy. So now I wait some more, and feel exhausted like this some more I'm so tired of being tired.

Thank you for listening, I just needed to complain lol

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: Pre-authorization

Post by chunkyfrog » Tue Mar 07, 2023 4:10 pm

Welcome to the asylum.
We, too have encountered various levels of insanity.
Have hope, because the crooks are only in charge if we LET them..

Last edited by chunkyfrog on Tue Mar 07, 2023 7:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Tue Mar 07, 2023 5:34 pm

Yep, medical and insurance bureaucracy can be maddening at best.

Until you get your machine, try to avoid back-sleeping. Obstructive sleep apnea is often much worse when back-sleeping. This is because gravity is directly pulling the tongue and soft palate into the airway. When sleeping on the sides or stomach, the effect of gravity is moderated.

Dulcenia

Post by Dulcenia » Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:01 pm

Thank you, I don't sleep on my back thankfully.

I bought an 02ring, wore it last night for the first time. It vibrates if your 02 goes lower than 88 and I had just fallen asleep good and sure enough it started going off and it woke me up and I noticed my O2 had dropped and my heart rate had gone up. And then of course I was too scared to go back to sleep so it was a horrible night.

How can they tell you that it's so important that you use your CPAP that you could die from this but yet they take their dear sweet azz time getting you the equipment that you need? Makes me crazy, but it is nice to know I'm not alone in the insanity! :roll:

pisco21

Post by pisco21 » Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:16 am

How can they tell you that it's so important that you use your CPAP that you could die from this but yet they take their dear sweet azz time getting you the equipment that you need? Makes me crazy, but it is nice to know I'm not alone in the insanity!

I had a sleep study in the Lab the other night where the first part was without CPAP to establish a baseline and the 2nd part was with a CPAP. The Dr. orders were to start a CPAP once events reached 10AHI. They left me for more than 2 hours at 57AHI before I woke up (most likely from an event) and they came in to administer the CPAP!! 57 AHI is basically one event per minute which is at least 10 seconds of every minute with me not breathing... kind of borders on criminal!! Wake me up and PAP me for god's sake! :?

Dulcenia

Post by Dulcenia » Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:50 pm

I got the call today to make my appointment to pick up my APAP machine and supplies!

Took a total of like 3 months from my sleep study to now. Seems like a ridiculous amount of time to me. But at least there's light at the end of the tunnel for me.

Miss Emerita

Post by Miss Emerita » Fri Mar 17, 2023 8:27 pm

Excellent! Try setting the machine up outside your bedroom and using during the day or evening while you read or watch TV. This will help you get used to it before you try falling asleep with it.

Please let us know how it goes and what your settings are.
Oscar software is available at https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

Dulcenia

Post by Dulcenia » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:07 am

I will definitely do as you said and use it before bed to test it out.

Dulcenia

Post by Dulcenia » Sat Mar 18, 2023 4:32 am

pisco21 wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 8:16 am
How can they tell you that it's so important that you use your CPAP that you could die from this but yet they take their dear sweet azz time getting you the equipment that you need? Makes me crazy, but it is nice to know I'm not alone in the insanity!

I had a sleep study in the Lab the other night where the first part was without CPAP to establish a baseline and the 2nd part was with a CPAP. The Dr. orders were to start a CPAP once events reached 10AHI. They left me for more than 2 hours at 57AHI before I woke up (most likely from an event) and they came in to administer the CPAP!! 57 AHI is basically one event per minute which is at least 10 seconds of every minute with me not breathing... kind of borders on criminal!! Wake me up and PAP me for god's sake! :?
They just don't care. I asked why the doctor could not just sign and fax the paperwork, I even offered to pick it up and take it to the DME place, she said "you know we have 14 days to sign it" like WTH it takes all of 5 seconds to sign a piece of paper! But they just dont care

ChicagoGranny

Post by ChicagoGranny » Sat Mar 18, 2023 7:36 am

Dulcenia wrote:
Fri Mar 17, 2023 6:50 pm
I got the call today to make my appointment to pick up my APAP machine and supplies!

Took a total of like 3 months from my sleep study to now. Seems like a ridiculous amount of time to me. But at least there's light at the end of the tunnel for me.
Are you getting the AirSense 11 AutoSet that is showing in your equipment profile? Be sure. There are some machines that you would not be happy with. I talked to an acquaintance this week who got stuck with a Chinese machine that she is unhappy with.

palerider

Post by palerider » Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:55 am

Dulcenia wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:01 pm
How can they tell you that it's so important that you use your CPAP that you could die from this but yet they take their dear sweet azz time getting you the equipment that you need? Makes me crazy, but it is nice to know I'm not alone in the insanity! :roll:
Because you've been living with it for a long time, and the fact that you've just figured it out does not constitute an emergency.

Plus, there are multitudes of OTHER people out there in the same boat you are, and you're no more important to them (of course, you're more important to YOU, but consider that those other people are just as important to THEM).

That's why there's no frantic rush for you.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 18, 2023 2:21 pm

Remember, the squeaky wheel gets the grease.
Feel free to squeak in the right direction. :mrgreen:

Dulcenia

Post by Dulcenia » Sat Mar 18, 2023 8:16 pm

palerider wrote:
Sat Mar 18, 2023 10:55 am
Dulcenia wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 6:01 pm
Because you've been living with it for a long time, and the fact that you've just figured it out does not constitute an emergency.

Plus, there are multitudes of OTHER people out there in the same boat you are, and you're no more important to them (of course, you're more important to YOU, but consider that those other people are just as important to THEM).

That's why there's no frantic rush for you.
I never said or insinuated that I was more important what I'm saying is there's no reason for a piece of paper to sit on the doctor's desk for 14 days when all she needs to do is sign it and stick it in a fax machine and I'm sure she doesn't even put it in the fax machine. Considering she charges my insurance company hundreds of dollars for a few minutes of her time she can take another 5 seconds and sign the paper

chunkyfrog

Post by chunkyfrog » Sat Mar 18, 2023 9:35 pm

Squeak!
Frequently.
Let them know you refuse to roll over and die.