Bleep Eclipse...so far

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jdm5

Re: Bleep Eclipse...so far

Post by jdm5 » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:10 am

Pugsy have you (or anyone) spoken with Stuart about these problems? Has he engaged/responded? (my impression is he's very responsive and engaged in helping through these types of issues).

I'm still using the Dreamports and very happy, but would welcome the ease of the magnetic connection...don't want to switch until these issues are resolved.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:34 am

jdm5 wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:10 am
Pugsy have you (or anyone) spoken with Stuart about these problems? Has he engaged/responded? (my impression is he's very responsive and engaged in helping through these types of issues).

I'm still using the Dreamports and very happy, but would welcome the ease of the magnetic connection...don't want to switch until these issues are resolved.
Oh yes...I have spoken with Stuart several times both via text and on the phone. Both with the initial release of the Eclipse (where I really wasn't having a problem) and now with the opening of box number 5 and those issues. When I had 2 nights in a row where the rings came loose (box number 5) I contacted Stuart to tell him what I was finally experiencing.
And while I really can't complain about the first 4 boxes of halos, I joined the chorus of unhappy campers with the box number 5.

I am not or was not a party to the behind the scenes investigation as to what is the cause of the adhesive failure mainly because with the first 4 boxes I didn't have a problem and for me that's something I need to be experiencing myself to have my input help or not. It's like the "the mask is silent for me" thing....it's not a problem for me anyway and I can't duplicate it to try to sort through a fix. I can't fix a problem at all if I am not having it. :lol: I know I am good but not that good.

I do not know what changes might have been implemented in an effort to solve the adhesive problem. I am not a party to all that stuff but some sort of production changes were made and sometime this month the product with those changes will be shipped out. Eventually I will be getting a new supply of halos and I can see if the problem is still present or not.
That's about all I can do.

I may even open up box number 6 early and see if it is more like the first 4 boxes or more like number 5.
And it may be sooner than later if I have another night like I did last night....I may just toss the remaining halos from box number 5 or at least set them aside for a while.
Stuart did send me a couple of boxes of halos to get me through to when the new production line stuff becomes available.
I haven't opened those boxes yet either.

My own personal opinion FWIW....there was some sort of residue on those metal rings that got in the way of getting a good stick on the adhesive glue on the halos. I can't prove it but I do know that was something that they were looking at way back when this problem was first being reported. I wasn't party to final thoughts though.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

ozij

Post by ozij » Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:55 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:37 am
Fifth box...more nights with failures than not. I have 5 nights left from box number 5.
I have closely examined the placement of the metal rings on the adhesive to look for slight not quite so perfect hole alignment and I just don't see that much mal-alignment that I can comfortably blame the adhesive failure on. That's my opinion anyway.....feel free to disagree.
The night after I wrote my previous post I tried the Eclipse again. 1 night good, second night, halos centered where they should be - BAD.
Anyway the leaks, when the rings come loose, seem to be very minor when looking at the leak line graph at least the ones that I know I was awake trying to reseal things but minor or not...they sure are screwing up my sleep which is of course a major problem.
Exactly. They may be minor as leaks go, but they're major as far as sleep disruptions is concerned.
So even with the metal rings perfectly placed on the adhesive...they still came loose at least partially.
Yes.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:27 am

ozij wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 10:55 am
The night after I wrote my previous post I tried the Eclipse again. 1 night good, second night, halos centered where they should be - BAD.
Yep. That's been my experience as well and especially since I have the history of actually re-using these things for a long, long time and once I started doing the alcohol soak to clean the used rings I just didn't have a problem with the rings coming loose.....I am not so sure that the failure has anything to do with ring placement. Lord knows that when I was re-sticking and re-using those rings that I was far from perfect in putting those rings on a new adhesive. For that reason I am not so sure that the rings being slightly off centered is the cause of the failure. I know I had much more less than perfect placement when I was re-using them and didn't have this problem and last night I made sure I was using "good" centered metal rings and still had the problem.
Makes me really think it was something else.
Now what the something else might be.....I don't have an answer. I do need to send Stuart a report on this past week's results and I will ask if they ever sorted out a possible cause.

Now I suppose I could attempt to go back to the original DreamPorts but my right hand isn't 100% since the surgery and it's still difficult for me to attach those ports optimally. My hands just don't work as well as I need them to and while improved....there are things I still can't do very well and at this point in time I don't see that changing. I don't have the needed dexterity or grip even if it at least doesn't hurt like it did before surgery.

I still prefer the Eclipse...warts and all. :lol: :lol: Eventually the problem will get sorted out.
It's still silent.....and every night when I turn the machine on I try to make it noisy and I just can't get it done. I think about you every night when I try to make the Eclipse be noisy.
And it's not like noise is something I just don't hear. I didn't even try falling asleep with the N30i or P30i because of the breathing noises. So I can hear them with some masks...just not with the Eclipse.

Have you tried the little trick that I did when I was re-using where I took a rolling pin and rolled the heck across the halos to push the metal rings into the adhesive? That is one thing I am going to do right now with my remaining 5 pairs of halos from box number 5.
Don't have a rolling pin but a heavy canned vegetable can will accomplish same feat. I did that for quite a while before I bought a rolling pin.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

corgan115

Post by corgan115 » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:48 pm

Pugsy,

In your conversations with Stuart did he give any definitive time line on when the production issues would be resolved? I really want to give Eclipse another try once the adhesive issues are resolved but I don't want to order any more boxes just yet for fear I'll get another bad box.

Thanks!

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:58 pm

corgan115 wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 7:48 pm
Pugsy,

In your conversations with Stuart did he give any definitive time line on when the production issues would be resolved? I really want to give Eclipse another try once the adhesive issues are resolved but I don't want to order any more boxes just yet for fear I'll get another bad box.

Thanks!
No. I don't have any additional information.
All I was told a little while ago "hopefully in March".
Sorry.

twin rivers

Post by twin rivers » Tue Mar 14, 2023 8:47 pm

dpd1 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:11 am
JimmyStewart wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:59 pm
Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, but this seemed to fit.

Started using eclipse 5 days ago. Every night, I have had adhesive failure between metal rings and pad -- ring pulls away, causing huge leak (Adhesive is secure between pad and nose).

Never had this problem with dreamports.

I have made sure interface is right side up -- bumps on outside.
Halo rings are centered over nostrils.
I made sure interface is fully extended

VERY FRUSTRATING!

Any suggestions?
I have this problem with the magnets separating. Pretty sure it's because some of the magnets are off-center. If you look at a sheet of Halos you can see differences in placements. There isn't enough of a bond to hold up to the air pressure, tho the glue's so good that if you press on the gap and can keep something pressing the mask to your face it will usually hold. The solution's gonna have to come in production, but in the meantime I'm trying this tonight -- seems like it'll work. I placed one side of a 1"x3" clear Curad waterproof bandage over a halo and cut a hole in the center. The magnet holds because the bandage is so thin, so I think it'll prevent a gap. Fingers crossed! Anyone else?
I have used the clear bandage over the washer and it has worked very well. Thanks for the idea.

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:16 pm

dpd1 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:11 am
[..]I'm trying this tonight -- seems like it'll work. I placed one side of a 1"x3" clear Curad waterproof bandage over a halo and cut a hole in the center. The magnet holds because the bandage is so thin, so I think it'll prevent a gap. Fingers crossed! Anyone else?
@dpd1
It's been a week since you came up with the idea.
Has it worked consistently, each and every night?
If yes, could you please report after another week?
What did you use to make the hole in the bandage's adhesive? Did you sketch the Halo's circle on the bandage's paper, and then cut the hole out?
Pugsy wrote:
Sun Mar 12, 2023 11:27 am
Have you tried the little trick that I did when I was re-using where I took a rolling pin and rolled the heck across the halos to push the metal rings into the adhesive? That is one thing I am going to do right now with my remaining 5 pairs of halos from box number 5.
Did it work for you, Pugsy?

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:25 pm

ozij wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:16 pm
Pugsy wrote: ↑
Sun Mar 12, 2023 12:27 pm

Did it work for you, Pugsy?
2 nights so far since I took the time to use the rolling pin trick.
Success...at least on the 2 of the remaining 5 pairs I have left out of box number 5. The rings didn't come loose.
Of course it is possible that they would have stayed put anyway but I am going to use the 3rd pair tonight.
When I did the rolling pin trick I did all 5 of the remaining pairs of halos from that box number 5 at one time....so they have all been squished.

ozij

Post by ozij » Tue Mar 14, 2023 10:24 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:25 pm
Success...at least on the 2 of the remaining 5 pairs I have left out of box number 5. The rings didn't come loose.
:D
Worked for me tonight too. But, as you say:
Pugsy wrote:
Tue Mar 14, 2023 9:25 pm
Of course it is possible that they would have stayed put anyway
:!: That's why I asked.... Let's hope.
I'll do some more rolling - I only rolled two :? I guess I was too pessimistic to spend time on more.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

ResistX

Post by ResistX » Wed Aug 09, 2023 7:22 pm

Just tried the Eclipse for 3 nights, the first night had a leak with the nose tape. The second two nights the seal was much better but the inhalation noise really bothered me. Obviously as I breathe in, air also comes in through the filtered sides making the noise. My air pillow P10 doesn't seem have this problem and it has way more air holes but it started irritating the inside of my nostrils. I really think they need to redesign the Eclipse, because even doing the suggestion of adding material in-between the white and black covering it doesn't completely stop the inhalation noise. So until this can be resolved completely, I doubt I will be using the Eclipse every night. I did find a solution to my air pillow irritation, by trimming them just a bit so they don't stick so far into my nose and it worked perfectly.