Bleep Eclipse...so far

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
corgan115

Re: Bleep Eclipse...so far

Post by corgan115 » Sat Jan 14, 2023 8:48 pm

ReverseBall wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:45 pm
corgan115 wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:28 pm
I think this is what I'm hearing. I'll try your suggestion.

To be clear though, the noise that I'm referring to ONLY happens during inhalation. For example:

1) Don't have the mask attached at all and just turn your machine. Then, using yours thumbs, place them over the magnetic ports. The mask is completely quiet.
2) Have the mask on and attached to the halo's but hold your breath. The mask is completely quiet.
3) Start breathing, I hear the noise during inhalation only. Exhalation is completely quiet.
Hey, was this a response to me? In a linear thread it's a little confusing, but I was the one talking about the "turbulence/snoring" sound coming from the mask when the hose was at a bad angle in a previous comment. I think we might be having the same problem?

Assuming you were talking to me, I think the "snoring" sound would only happen during inhalation. I believe when the hose is at a bad angle AND you are inhaling, the air brushes up against the side of the joint as it flows by, causing turbulence/noise. If there is little to no net air flow (as in case 1 and 2 you described), there would be no turbulence because there is no air flow (well, there's a tiny bit of air flow due to the vents, but it's not enough to cause noise). But when inhaling there is a lot of air flow, enough to trigger the "snoring" effect. In exhale, I don't believe there's as much air going through that joint so no noise. Does this seem similar to your observations?

I'm curious what pressures you are using? I have a vauto at about 10.6 cm H2O inhale, about 7 exhale. This is just a guess, but I would imagine that people using lower pressures wouldn't produce the snoring effect, even on inhale.
Yep, was replying to you.

I will pay close attention to the angle of the hose tonight. This might explain why this issue seems kind of random to me. Some nights I hear it, some nights I don't. Some nights it's loud, some nights it's barely audible.

Last night it was pretty loud while I was trying to sleep but then in the middle of the night it was gone, despite the pressure being greater then.

My starting (ramp) pressure is 7 and then after that runs in Auto mode between 11 - 15. EPR is always 3.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:56 am

Pugsy wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:59 pm
jlsmithseven wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 6:45 pm
Pugsy wrote:
Sat Jan 14, 2023 2:43 pm
Sorry guys and gals....the Eclipse is still totally silent for me. I can't fix a problem that I don't have.
The only time I have had any inhale noise at all was what I mentioned above...material of my PJs blocking vents.

I do keep trying to hear any sort of noise so that I can troubleshoot the cause and a maybe fix but I simply don't hear anything.
Nothing....it's actually quieter than the P10 and I didn't think that was possible.
Just curious Pugsy. Did you get your Eclipse before it was released to the public? I've experienced similar things to the others here with the noise and the rings coming undone. I'm just curious if you bought the connector hose system with the big shipment that came a few weeks ago or if you had it originally? Might be worth mentioning to Stuart if you are using the one before the big shipments. They might be able to use it to figure out what's different?

Nope. I didn't get any special treatment in terms of early delivery of the Eclipse. My supplies came as I did the pre order early last summer and I got my Eclipse box just a couple of weeks ago just like you guys did. I didn't get anything special.

Now I do still have the original Beta product that I got a couple of years ago....it is silent as well.
OK no problem. Just wanted to rule that out.

Dreaming1

Post by Dreaming1 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:54 pm

I had the same thing happen. Some noise that was intermittent. I stopped it by adding in extra cpap filters on each side. Stopped it cold. Cut two filters to the size of a dime (old Respironics air filters), pulled off the the larger Eclipse filter, stuck on the small ones, laid the large filter back on top and put it back on.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:29 pm

I gotta brag. I don't get this very often but I got it the other day. Look at this leak line or rather lack of leak line.
The Eclipse is still silent and I still can't make it noisy. If I did have some noise I would try adding that extra filter layer.
Might also play around with routing the hose and see if that helps or hurts. I don't route the hose upwards at all but last night I did play with the hose a bit and when I routed it upwards I did have a little bit more noise on inhale. Still not "loud" in my book but I could hear it a little more upon inhale.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Sleep2Dream

Post by Sleep2Dream » Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:42 pm

More observations from my occasional experimentation--and I have to qualify this by saying that I still haven't tried actually sleeping with the thing again. (I'm baffled by the fact that the first time I tried it and slept with it, it seemed fine.)

What I'm having trouble with:
1) The noise doesn't really bother me, though I wouldn't mind if it were quieter on inhale, but I feel the slight breeze from the vent blowing down toward my upper lip, and I don't like that. I'm thinking maybe trying Dreaming1's suggestion of adding larger filter pieces under the Eclipse filter.
2) Probably related to #1, above: It seems that the silicone mask piece too easily pulls away from the hard plastic part that is attached to the tube. That is probably contributing to (or even causing) the venting I don't like. Maybe strapping in some larger filter pieces might help hold it in place as well as seal it better. I'm wondering if anyone else has experienced this.
3) When I attach the whole contraption to my nose and lie down as if I were asleep, it feels like a heavy weight is pulling down on my nose. And when I turn on my side, the pillow pushes the metal ring and magnets into the side of my nose uncomfortably (and I'm primarily a side sleeper). I haven't yet thought of any possible solutions for that issue.

I detest using headgear, but I can't pretend the N30i nasal cushions aren't super light. Maybe the Bleep Eclipse just isn't for me. Which would be disappointing, because I really, really want to like it.
Mask: ResMed N30i Nasal Cushion
Home Machine: ResMed Airsense 10 Autoset
Travel Machine: Z2 Auto

corgan115

Post by corgan115 » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:25 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 4:29 pm
I gotta brag. I don't get this very often but I got it the other day. Look at this leak line or rather lack of leak line.
The Eclipse is still silent and I still can't make it noisy. If I did have some noise I would try adding that extra filter layer.
Might also play around with routing the hose and see if that helps or hurts. I don't route the hose upwards at all but last night I did play with the hose a bit and when I routed it upwards I did have a little bit more noise on inhale. Still not "loud" in my book but I could hear it a little more upon inhale.

The Bleep Eclipse is awesome when it comes to leak rate, or lack thereof!

I'm also jealous of your AHI. I've never had < 1

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:43 pm

corgan115 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:25 pm
I'm also jealous of your AHI. I've never had < 1
Actually the AHI was much better if I eliminate the awake/arousal SWJ (sleep/wake/junk) false positive flagged events.
Every single flagged event I wasn't asleep when they got flagged. My real asleep AHI for that night was 0.0.
I don't sleep so solid so I expect to see some SWJ pretty much every night.
My not so great sleep has nothing to do with cpap or mask or therapy and everything to do with back/pelvis pain. It is what it is.
I can only sleep on my right side as well.

On a rare night I have seen only one false positive flagged....then on a really bad night I might have an AHI of 3.0 and 90% of the flagged stuff isn't real asleep flagged stuff. I don't worry about AHI ever....I worry about sleep quality because when I have a crappy night then I know a crappy day is in the forecast as well. How I sleep and feel has always been my primary goal.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:59 am

Dreaming1 wrote:
Sun Jan 15, 2023 2:54 pm
I had the same thing happen. Some noise that was intermittent. I stopped it by adding in extra cpap filters on each side. Stopped it cold. Cut two filters to the size of a dime (old Respironics air filters), pulled off the the larger Eclipse filter, stuck on the small ones, laid the large filter back on top and put it back on.
Old respironics filters under the Bleep? Wasn't this why the machine was recalled? Seems to be a bad idea.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:53 am

jlsmithseven wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:59 am
Dreaming1 wrote:
Old respironics filters under the Bleep? Wasn't this why the machine was recalled? Seems to be a bad idea.
The recall of the Respironics machines was because of the foam INSIDE the machine degrading and NOT the use disposable air filters.
Two totally different things.

jlsmithseven

Post by jlsmithseven » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:16 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 8:53 am
jlsmithseven wrote:
Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:59 am
Dreaming1 wrote:
The recall of the Respironics machines was because of the foam INSIDE the machine degrading and NOT the use disposable air filters.
Two totally different things.
Ah good to know, didn't realize that. Thank you!

dpd1

Post by dpd1 » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:11 am

JimmyStewart wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:59 pm
Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, but this seemed to fit.

Started using eclipse 5 days ago. Every night, I have had adhesive failure between metal rings and pad -- ring pulls away, causing huge leak (Adhesive is secure between pad and nose).

Never had this problem with dreamports.

I have made sure interface is right side up -- bumps on outside.
Halo rings are centered over nostrils.
I made sure interface is fully extended

VERY FRUSTRATING!

Any suggestions?
I have this problem with the magnets separating. Pretty sure it's because some of the magnets are off-center. If you look at a sheet of Halos you can see differences in placements. There isn't enough of a bond to hold up to the air pressure, tho the glue's so good that if you press on the gap and can keep something pressing the mask to your face it will usually hold. The solution's gonna have to come in production, but in the meantime I'm trying this tonight -- seems like it'll work. I placed one side of a 1"x3" clear Curad waterproof bandage over a halo and cut a hole in the center. The magnet holds because the bandage is so thin, so I think it'll prevent a gap. Fingers crossed! Anyone else?

Bluper

Post by Bluper » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:59 am

I've tried to make the Eclipse work since I received it in Dec. The metal ring rips out every time. I worked with a person from Bleep and he has no solution. I found an overhead hose manager helps if it hangs far enough over to keep the hose entering the mask straight. I've gone back to the original Bleep. I'm hoping they can fix the problem.

Deborah K.

Post by Deborah K. » Thu Mar 09, 2023 11:33 pm

I used the regular Bleep for a couple of happy years and was really excited to try the Halo version. But I find it uncomfortable. I think I must be narrow across my nostrils because the metal rings stick out beyond my nostrils. Then when I try to get the tape to go in against the outside of my nose, I end up with nasal pain, leaking, and general discomfort. I don't notice any noise, but I think I'm going back to the original Bleep. It is way more comfortable and easier for me to apply.

Anybody else have these issues? :roll:
Machine: Resmed AirSense 10 Autoset For Her
Mask: Bleep Dreamport mask system

ozij

Post by ozij » Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:28 am

dpd1 wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:11 am
JimmyStewart wrote:
Tue Jan 10, 2023 5:59 pm
Wasn't sure if I should start a new thread, but this seemed to fit.

Started using eclipse 5 days ago. Every night, I have had adhesive failure between metal rings and pad -- ring pulls away, causing huge leak (Adhesive is secure between pad and nose).

Never had this problem with dreamports.

I have made sure interface is right side up -- bumps on outside.
Halo rings are centered over nostrils.
I made sure interface is fully extended

VERY FRUSTRATING!

Any suggestions?
I have this problem with the magnets separating. Pretty sure it's because some of the magnets are off-center. If you look at a sheet of Halos you can see differences in placements.
Same problem for me.
There isn't enough of a bond to hold up to the air pressure, tho the glue's so good that if you press on the gap and can keep something pressing the mask to your face it will usually hold.
Haven't managed to press long enough to get the ring to hold once it's starts pulling off.
The solution's gonna have to come in production,
It's part of medical device and should have been manufactured precisely to begin with.
but in the meantime I'm trying this tonight -- seems like it'll work. I placed one side of a 1"x3" clear Curad waterproof bandage over a halo and cut a hole in the center. The magnet holds because the bandage is so thin, so I think it'll prevent a gap. Fingers crossed! Anyone else?
Fingers crossed! Interesting idea, and please let us know how it works.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Mar 12, 2023 9:37 am

So.......Eclipse is still silent for me but the adhesive failures have finally hit me in full force.
First 4 boxes of Halos....maybe 2 failures where the metal ring came loose.
Fifth box...more nights with failures than not. I have 5 nights left from box number 5.
I have closely examined the placement of the metal rings on the adhesive to look for slight not quite so perfect hole alignment and I just don't see that much mal-alignment that I can comfortably blame the adhesive failure on. That's my opinion anyway.....feel free to disagree.

Remember that for close to 2 years I had been using the Beta version and removing the metal rings, cleaning them and then sticking them on fresh adhesive strips and I know for sure that my placement of those rings was much less than perfect and I never had the problem with the metal rings coming loose except for when I was just starting the re-using process and wasn't cleaning well enough....or to be honest I was doing very minimal cleaning. :lol: Once I expanded my cleaning routine to include an alcohol soak...no more failures of the metal rings to the adhesive. I only had one week's worth of metal rings from the original Beta test version.

Anyway the leaks, when the rings come loose, seem to be very minor when looking at the leak line graph at least the ones that I know I was awake trying to reseal things but minor or not...they sure are screwing up my sleep which is of course a major problem. My sleep is fragile anyway and I sure don't need more disruptions.

Last night I picked through my Halos and chose a pair where the metal rings were perfectly aligned with the holes on the adhesive. They sure weren't crooked at all....and below is my report from last night and I fought those leaks all night long but the only ones I can document as a certainty are the leaks the last half hour to hour or so when I know for sure that I was awake and trying to shove the rings back on the adhesive which does work briefly but fails one I am asleep and I move around a bit and things separate again. So even with the metal rings perfectly placed on the adhesive...they still came loose at least partially.

Much higher than usual AHI last night (and in fact every night where I have had adhesive failure) but when I looked at each flagged event up close...all but 2 of them were SWJ false positive flagging. One OA appeared to be the real deal and one central/CA appeared to be real (probably sleep onset central) and all the rest weren't real asleep flags. That's 2 over the entire night...not per hour. My real asleep AHI last night was well below 1.0. I haven't bothered to actually count the arousal breathing segments but I am sure they numbered well over 25. Crappy sleep last night for sure and worse crappy than normal because I never have really good quality minimal arousals but that's because of the pain stuff...but made much worse crappy because of the leaks even if they technically probably didn't impact therapy itself. They sure impacted my sleep quality though.

Back when I pre ordered I only bought 3 months worth so after I use up these last 5 nights worth of halos I will be opening my last box...number 6 and will see how it goes but for now it looks like box number 5 was a bad batch for the most part.
Why was it a bad batch???? Dunno but last night's metal rings were PERFECTLY aligned with the holes on the halo so I am not so sure that ring placement was/is the culprit. I am leaning more towards some sort of residue being on the metal rings that prevents good sticking with the adhesive but that's just me and you guys and gals can sure disagree with me if you wish. I have zero proof of anything. :lol: