Don't know where else to go, OSCAR data interpretation is needed

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
sleepyzzzz

Re: Don't know where else to go, OSCAR data interpretation is needed

Post by sleepyzzzz » Thu Mar 09, 2023 5:42 pm

If you read all the screenshots, thank you for the effort, I hope it could show you something I am not seeing.

Julie

Post by Julie » Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:24 pm

Hi, I hate to do this, but... please read the Oscar info again - only 4-5 graphs are wanted per day and posting so many otherwise makes it impossible to read anything. Also, leave out the calendar.

Also, please only post a few (4-5) recent results - all your work in posting so many is pointless unless they are very diff. from each other and no one is going to plow thru all to see what's what... plus they're hard to read because of the size. We DO want to help, but you're making it hard for us to do it. Thx! Also, please stay in this thread... thx again.

ozij

Post by ozij » Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:59 pm

sleepyzzzz wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:30 pm
I'm back again, I have been analyzing my OSCAR data for past 2 years and it is driving me insane that my breathing almost behave the same no matter which mode or what pressure!
The more arousals I have in my sleep ( conscious arousals where I'm aware of my surrounding and have time to stop/restart the machine to mark an arousal and remember my dream, then go back to sleep; the more arousals I get, the worse my sleep is, which leads me to wake up as "zombie" can not do anything other than trying to go back to bed and hope I could fall asleep for a nap even a minute ( I can not nap, I am awaken with almost snore like airflow limitation as soon as I drift to sleep), if that happens, the zombie effect subsids for few hours before returning, nothing can fix it till it is sleep time and I try another night.
Stop tracking your arousals!
Whenever you wake up, tell yourself: "Oh, right, that's normal, I should go back to sleep." Make yourself comfortable in bed and make try to continue sleeping.
You have trained your conscious brain to respond to normal arousals with driving yourself awake - you have to train it to let you sleep.
You've gotten yourself into a vicious cycle of trying to monitor your sleep while you're sleeping, thereby keeping yourself from sleeping properly.
Obsessively documenting each and every "arousal" will lead you nowhere. If there's a breathing disturbance, OSCAR will record it without your help.
If you can't break out of that cycle, look for a cognitive behavioral sleep therapist that will help you do so.

I'll repeat: OSCAR does not need your help in monitoring breathing problems. If you want to sleep, you must train yourself out of hyper vigilant monitoring and into accepting sleep. If you don't want to sleep because you want to monitor, no number of screenshots will help us help you.

Antoine de Saint-Exupery

Good advice is compromised by missing data
Forum member Dog Slobber Nov. 2023

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:32 pm

Julie wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 8:24 pm
Hi, I hate to do this, but... please read the Oscar info again - only 4-5 graphs are wanted per day and posting so many otherwise makes it impossible to read anything. Also, leave out the calendar.

Also, please only post a few (4-5) recent results - all your work in posting so many is pointless unless they are very diff. from each other and no one is going to plow thru all to see what's what... plus they're hard to read because of the size. We DO want to help, but you're making it hard for us to do it. Thx! Also, please stay in this thread... thx again.
Hi, I know there is so many screenshots, I posted them because I think they are relevant, I have posted in the past 4 years many 4-5 screenshots, it is hard to get the whole picture, Even myself could not understand what is happening to not repeat my settings till I went back to OSCAR data for the past 2 years, it took me around 10 hrs, plus few hours to take the screenshots and posting them, I understand it is overwhelming hence the warning in the beginning, it will take a professional at least one hour to go through the SCs and maybe get an idea of what is happening, so if this is not possible no worries, I'm expecting that, but that is all I can do, I HAVE to keep trying. l take a trained professional at least an hour going through all these SCs, but I HAVE to try, and I think they are all relevant to get a bigger picture of is happening, I posted for the past 4 years 4-5 screenshots, they would show an obvious problem, but I don't have an obvious problem that can be seen from 4 screenshots, yet I do have a problem.
Last edited by sleepyzzzz on Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:43 pm, edited 1 time in total.

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:34 pm

ozij wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 9:59 pm
sleepyzzzz wrote:
Thu Mar 09, 2023 4:30 pm
I'm back again, I have been analyzing my OSCAR data for past 2 years and it is driving me insane that my breathing almost behave the same no matter which mode or what pressure!
The more arousals I have in my sleep ( conscious arousals where I'm aware of my surrounding and have time to stop/restart the machine to mark an arousal and remember my dream, then go back to sleep; the more arousals I get, the worse my sleep is, which leads me to wake up as "zombie" can not do anything other than trying to go back to bed and hope I could fall asleep for a nap even a minute ( I can not nap, I am awaken with almost snore like airflow limitation as soon as I drift to sleep), if that happens, the zombie effect subsids for few hours before returning, nothing can fix it till it is sleep time and I try another night.
Stop tracking your arousals!
Whenever you wake up, tell yourself: "Oh, right, that's normal, I should go back to sleep." Make yourself comfortable in bed and make try to continue sleeping.
You have trained your conscious brain to respond to normal arousals with driving yourself awake - you have to train it to let you sleep.
You've gotten yourself into a vicious cycle of trying to monitor your sleep while you're sleeping, thereby keeping yourself from sleeping properly.
Obsessively documenting each and every "arousal" will lead you nowhere. If there's a breathing disturbance, OSCAR will record it without your help.
If you can't break out of that cycle, look for a cognitive behavioral sleep therapist that will help you do so.

I'll repeat: OSCAR does not need your help in monitoring breathing problems. If you want to sleep, you must train yourself out of hyper vigilant monitoring and into accepting sleep. If you don't want to sleep because you want to monitor, no number of screenshots will help us help you.
I understand what you are saying, I do not keep track of arousals like this every night, only when I am testing a new setting, most of other nights which I'll say 90%, i am awaken, then go back to sleep right away, STILL, it affects my sleep and i could be "zombie" in the morning.
these screenshots are a lot, but that is all I could do to demonstrate the arousal/pressure/mode correlation, I just can not find a setting that keeps me asleep.

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:42 pm

Last night I tried the HIGHEST pressure settings I ever tried, Hoping that it maybe was all a question of insufficient pressure analyzing all my airflow graphs, below are the SCs, and it did not solve my arousal problem, I still woke up almost same as with low pressure and pillow mask.
I used the EVORA mask "tight" for the leaks, I think i succeeded not having leaks, but airflow diagram still is crazy.

Arousal19 - Evora-FFM- Smode- 15.6/20

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:44 pm

Arousal20-Evora-FFM-Smode-17/21

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:46 pm

Arousal21-Evora-FFM-CPAP-15

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:50 pm

I don't think i could go for higher pressure, specially when reviewing and "feeling" there was no difference with lower more comfortable pillow mask pressure, anyway that is all the post I will share, they are more than enough if someone wanted to spend 1 or 2 hrs trying to understand what is happening in my breathing while I sleep and has more experience, I don't think my sleep doctor(s) will even look at these if I sent it to them, but that's all i am able to do, was able to do trying to make the PAP machine work for past 4 years.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:25 pm

Perhaps all, or most, of those arousals are related to being a spontaneous arousal as opposed to airway related arousal and that's why pressure changes don't seem to do anything positive.

CPAP or whatever PAP can't fix a sleep problem with someone having too many arousals when the cause of the arousals isn't from airway issues. No amount of wishing it so is going to make it so. Trust me....been there and done that and have the T shirt myself to prove it.

I admit to not looking at all your shared images....my eyes are still crossed at the prospect....but your flow rate is really no different from mine. Lots of arousals. Some I remember but most I don't and you are quite right....lots of arousals does pretty much guarantee a crappy day. Been there and done that as well.
And even when you know full well what the cause of those non airway related arousals it isn't always so easy to fix it.
Been there as well.

I think you are wanting some magic cpap setting that will fix a sleep problem that is most likely not related to airway issues.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

palerider

Post by palerider » Fri Mar 10, 2023 9:52 pm

sleepyzzzz wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 3:42 pm
Last night I tried the HIGHEST pressure settings I ever tried, Hoping that it maybe was all a question of insufficient pressure analyzing all my airflow graphs, below are the SCs, and it did not solve my arousal problem, I still woke up almost same as with low pressure and pillow mask.
I used the EVORA mask "tight" for the leaks, I think i succeeded not having leaks, but airflow diagram still is crazy.

Arousal19 - Evora-FFM- Smode- 15.6/20
Ya know, I'm just going to ignore your picture floods until you go back and read what we want, and post *ONE* screenshot per day with *SIX* charts on it, not everything scrunched up so it's unreadable, and then if someone asks you for something else, then post that.

Sorry, can't be bothered.

Accounts to put on the foe list: dataq1, clownbell, gearchange, lynninnj, mper!?, DreamDiver, Geer1, almostadoctor, sleepgeek, ajack, stom, mogy, D.H., They often post misleading, timewasting stuff.

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:29 pm

Pugsy wrote:
Fri Mar 10, 2023 4:25 pm
Perhaps all, or most, of those arousals are related to being a spontaneous arousal as opposed to airway related arousal and that's why pressure changes don't seem to do anything positive.

CPAP or whatever PAP can't fix a sleep problem with someone having too many arousals when the cause of the arousals isn't from airway issues. No amount of wishing it so is going to make it so. Trust me....been there and done that and have the T shirt myself to prove it.

I admit to not looking at all your shared images....my eyes are still crossed at the prospect....but your flow rate is really no different from mine. Lots of arousals. Some I remember but most I don't and you are quite right....lots of arousals does pretty much guarantee a crappy day. Been there and done that as well.
And even when you know full well what the cause of those non airway related arousals it isn't always so easy to fix it.
Been there as well.

I think you are wanting some magic cpap setting that will fix a sleep problem that is most likely not related to airway issues.
thanks for trying to go 108 screenshots, I apologize, and thank you for posting your experience, do you have an advice to whom i should consult if this is not breathing related issue? what was your own experience and solution?
I only want to highlight something, I'm not looking for magic, but looking for "better", why do I think there is actually "better" ? because there is "worse", without the machine, my sleep is "worse".

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:34 pm

pattern-vauto-7.6/11.2

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:35 pm

sleepyzzzz

Post by sleepyzzzz » Sun Mar 12, 2023 4:37 pm

Pattern CPAP 11.6