AirSense 11 AutoSet: Not All Data Showing

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
Starlette

AirSense 11 AutoSet: Not All Data Showing

Post by Starlette » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:09 pm

Ok, got the data showing on Oscar. Thank you.

However, now I'm noticing that not all data is showing on app. I noticed the wifi bars (I think that's what I'm to call it), only shows one to two bars. I checked troubleshooting in the app. One of the suggestions is to move the CPAP to a different location. Like are you serious??? :roll: I'm trying to be compliant should someone need that information. Last night, Saturday 1/21/2022, app never captured data that I slept from 8:00pm to 12:00am. Bummer! Is there something I can do to change this that I'm not aware of? Thanks.

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Re: AirSense 11 AutoSet: Not All Data Showing

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:26 pm

What "app"?

Oscar is not an app--it's a program.

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:33 pm

The machine captures data from noon one day to noon the next..(12:00PM-12:00PM). If you slept 8PM -12AM Saturday, that would show up on Sundays report. The machine uses Cellular communication...not WiFi. 1 or 2 bars has never shown to be a problem.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:50 pm

What you are describing does not sound like OSCAR.

Where did you get it? What does it look like? Where are you running it?

OSCAR is available here:
https://www.sleepfiles.com/OSCAR/

chunkyfrog
Location: Nebraska--I am sworn to keep the secret of this paradise.

Post by chunkyfrog » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:15 pm

By 12 A.M. do you mean midnight?
Because that's what it is.
8-12 is only 4 hours.
I get sleepy thinking about it.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Sun Jan 22, 2023 4:26 pm

Oppsie!
Correction ya'll!
Not Oscar, I meant AirSense's app, "myAir".

@LSAT: Thank you on reminder on how time is logged. I forgot.

@chunkyfrog: Yes

jsmit86

Post by jsmit86 » Sun Jan 22, 2023 6:28 pm

One other observation.
When using the Airsense 10, the My Air app shows no data until it syncs. Sometimes takes a couple of hours.

On the Airsense 11, the My Air app will show partial data pretty quickly, but will sync fully later... in a couple of hours.

Resmed Airsense 11 Autoset - Former Airsense 10 Autoset
Resmed Airtouch F20 Foam Mask
Travel unit HDM Z2 Auto

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 8:39 am

Starlette wrote:
Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:09 pm
O I noticed the wifi bars (I think that's what I'm to call it), only shows one to two bars.
Those are cellular signal bars, not wifi bars.
I checked troubleshooting in the app. One of the suggestions is to move the CPAP to a different location. Like are you serious??? :roll: I'm trying to be compliant should someone need that information. Last night, Saturday 1/21/2022, app never captured data that I slept from 8:00pm to 12:00am. Bummer! Is there something I can do to change this that I'm not aware of? Thanks.
I would let your DME know that the machine is having trouble getting a cellular signal from your bedroom. If they tell you to move it, just lie and say you have tried that to no avail. And then tell them you are happy to bring them the SD card for them to download and check on compliance. Or offer to mail the SD card to them. You can always back up the SD card and buy another one to use if/when they have the card in their possession.

Just remember that there are ways of establishing compliance that do not require the machine to talk to Big Brother each night through the cellular network.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

LSAT

Post by LSAT » Mon Jan 23, 2023 9:30 am

I keep my machine in a nightstand drawer. I have never had more than 1 bar showing and I have never had a transmission problem.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:44 am

I watched a video on YouTube regarding data. This guy said something about 3G and 5G. If 3G is what I have, then machine won't read all the data. He said I need "5G" for machine to capture all the data. Have any of you heard of that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m8gceeQE-o

Also, I'm now talking to DME who is helping (...I hope). He's cannot seem to find my location, whatever that means. It doesn't mean where I live. It means something else. My point is to my shock (jaw droping now :shock: :shock: :shock: ), he could see my compliance from his computer! I didn't know DME could do that! Well, let's see what he's going to say.

@robysue1: "Just remember that there are ways of establishing compliance that do not require the machine to talk to Big Brother each night through the cellular network". What are you thinking of?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:02 am

1. He didn't say anything about 5g
  2. His speculation about Air11s latching on to 3g and then loosing the ability to communicate because they expect 3g is just that speculation
  3. 1 or 2 bars is perfectly fine for sending the data to the cell network
  4. Comparing bars between different devices is meaningless (ie, cpap to cell). Representing cell signal strength via bars is arbitrary
  5. It takes a couple days after signing up for MyAir to start displaying the data
  6. There can be a delay after a sleep session for the data to display on the MyAir app or website
  7. Occasionally MyAir experiences longer delays.

Starlette

Post by Starlette » Mon Jan 23, 2023 3:50 pm

@Dog Slobber Understood on all counts.
As for Oscar, data is finally being shown.
However, the "correct data" is not being shown. As state before, this past Saturday 1/21/2023, I know I wore my mask for four hours.
However, on myAir and Oscar, data shows that I only wore it for 1 hour, again is totally wrong.
So what your saying regarding "data", does that mean it may take a while for the "correct" data to show on CPAP, myAir and Oscar?

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Jan 23, 2023 4:23 pm

Post some screen shots of both OSCAR and MyAir

Indicate what it should be displaying and verify the time is set correctly. This way we can also tell if it is a ResMed day issue or something else.

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:24 pm

Starlette wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:44 am
@robysue1: "Just remember that there are ways of establishing compliance that do not require the machine to talk to Big Brother each night through the cellular network". What are you thinking of?
Before cellular modems were built into CPAP machines, DMEs still had to prove to your insurance company that you were using the machine enough for them to pay for the machine. And workers in certain jobs (truckers, airline pilots, etc) still had to prove to their employers that they were using the machine as directed.

When I started PAPing in 2010, compliance was verified by physically bringing (or mailing) the SD card (for Resmed S9s and PR System Ones) or the proprietary data card (for earlier machines) to the DME that sold the machine. The DME would download the contents of the card into ResScan (Remed machines) or Encore Pro (PR machines) and print out a report that could then be faxed (or emailed as a pdf file) to the insurance company or the employer or anybody else who was legally allowed to demand proof that the patient was complying with CPAP therapy. In my case, I got an envelope with a small folder for inserting my SD card into that I then put in the mail on the appropriate date. A week or so later, the SD card was returned to me by snail mail. In the meantime, I went out and bought myself a cheap SD card to insert in my S9 AutoSet so that I would not lose the flow rate data for the nights the original SD card was not in my possession.

For CPAPs not made by Resmed or PR, the process was much the same, but each company has its own official software for displaying the data recorded by the machine, and each company made its own decision about whether to use a standard "card" like an SD card or some kind of a proprietary card to insert into the machine for recording the data.

You can still bring the SD card to the DME that sold you the machine and ask them to upload the contents to their computer's software and print out a report for you. If anybody needs proof of compliance, they can either fax/email the report or you can scan your physical copy and fax/email it to the people you need to prove compliance to.

The Resmed "Card to Cloud" machines that are currently on the market don't have cellular modems; folks buying those machines with insurance still have to bring the SD card in to the DME for compliance checks so that their insurance will pay for them.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Mon Jan 23, 2023 5:40 pm

Starlette wrote:
Mon Jan 23, 2023 10:44 am
I watched a video on YouTube regarding data. This guy said something about 3G and 5G. If 3G is what I have, then machine won't read all the data. He said I need "5G" for machine to capture all the data. Have any of you heard of that?
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1m8gceeQE-o
Here in the US there is no longer a 3G network. And any device that is/was not compatible with 4G can no longer access the cellular network anywhere in the US. (Hubby and I had to both upgrade our aging cell phones when 3G went away.)

My guess is that the guy is thinking that your machine is only compatible with 3G networks. I have no idea whether that's a reasonable assumption or not.
Also, I'm now talking to DME who is helping (...I hope). He's cannot seem to find my location, whatever that means. It doesn't mean where I live. It means something else. My point is to my shock (jaw droping now :shock: :shock: :shock: ), he could see my compliance from his computer! I didn't know DME could do that!
That's the whole creepy point of putting cellular modems in CPAP machines: All the data is uploaded to the manufacturer's cloud site where the DME has a paid subscription to access all the data and has the ability to make changes to the therapeutic and comfort settings without your explicit permission or knowledge.

Eventually CPAP manufacturers will quit including removable media (i.e. SD cards) that redundantly record the data from the machine each night. And eventually CPAPers will most likely lose all rights to have easy access to all the data recorded by their machines. The manufacturers will claim that websites like MyAir provide more than enough data for a CPAPer to monitor their therapy and ordinary PAPers will not be given the right to pay $$$ for access to the manufacturer's cloud site where all the data is stored and can be accessed by DMEs and doctor's offices who pay the subscription fee.

And since cell service is not yet fully world-wide, or even nationwide here in the states, my guess is that eventually having an SD slot built into the machine will be a costly extra rather than the default set up.