Sleep HQ

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
jrv331

Sleep HQ

Post by jrv331 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:12 pm

I know Oscar is the preferred program here, but for those that have also tried Sleep HQ can you tell me what chart or area I would look at to see how much sleep Im getting? Maybe a clue how to read it.
Thank You

Pugsy

Re: Sleep HQ

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:31 pm

Since your machine can't even tell if you are awake or asleep the machine can't provide "how long you slept" so there's nothing that sleephq can report that shows how long you slept.
Sleephq or OSCAR can only report data gathered by the machine.

Now there a way to look at the flow rate graphs and with a lot of experience people can get a fairly good idea of when they were sleeping or not and do some manual calculations and get sort of an idea as to how much real sleep someone might have.
You have to learn how to evaluate flow rate or each individual breath though...lots of time and work to learn but it can be done.

Sleephq can't show you anything you can't see in OSCAR....both programs take their data from the machine.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

jrv331

Post by jrv331 » Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:58 pm

Sorry, then my bad, I thought I read in another post about some people using the Sleep HQ because it would tell them how long they were sleeping at night where Oscar didn’t. I am actually trying to get a handle on Oscar, but even when I read, reread and read again, some of the stuff is just way above my comprehension. Thank you.

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Mon Nov 21, 2022 1:10 pm

jrv331 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:58 pm
Sorry, then my bad, I thought I read in another post about some people using the Sleep HQ because it would tell them how long they were sleeping at night where Oscar didn’t. I am actually trying to get a handle on Oscar, but even when I read, reread and read again, some of the stuff is just way above my comprehension. Thank you.
The machine, sleepHQ, and Oscar will only tell you how long you used the machine and not whether or not the you’re actually sleeping. I hope that clear things up.

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

Dog Slobber

Post by Dog Slobber » Mon Nov 21, 2022 2:18 pm

Learning to interpret OSCAR and SleepHQ is similar, it really is the same data presented sightly different.

The way I learned to read the charts was by:
  • reading posts about other members therapies, looking at their graphs, and then reading what experienced posters had to say. I then looked at the charts and figured out why the experienced said what they did and looked for the data that supported it
  • I posted my own charts and asked for comments

zonker

Post by zonker » Mon Nov 21, 2022 4:36 pm

jrv331 wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 12:58 pm
I am actually trying to get a handle on Oscar, but even when I read, reread and read again, some of the stuff is just way above my comprehension. Thank you.
i've been at this for more than seven years and i DO NOT understand oscar. but to tag on to what dog slobber has said, i just upload the charts here and ask for help.

over the years, to be honest, i do understand a wee bit of oscar, at least enough to feel comfortable offering advice.

but i never learned much from actually reading about it. had to see what folk have said here regarding charts.

good luck!
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg