HELP needed for 13-yr CPAP user!

General Discussion on any topic relating to CPAP and/or Sleep Apnea.
JoyD.

Re: HELP needed for 13-yr CPAP user!

Post by JoyD. » Sat Nov 19, 2022 3:29 pm

I'm SO EXCITED!! My EVORA hybrid mask from cpap.com arrived today AS WELL AS my new hose management system. This is the system I saw on one of Stuart's Bleep Videos. He uses 2 products from Amazon:

1. The North American Health & Wellness Hose Holder ($14.99) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B0034CHMRU?ps ... ct_details and
2. The Cozy Hose Boss ($9.99) https://pur-sleep.com/products/cozyhoze-boss when I bought their Buckwheat Pillow).

Previously I just ran my CPAP heated hose over the bed's bookcase headboard, but it often got stuck & didn't move easily. Here's my set-up now. Hope it works & makes changing from side to side easier now: https://imgur.com/a/2BUHiFk

So tonight I get to try out my new toys . . . no, Pugsy, I CAN"T wait! (I may STILL turn up my minimum pressure up a notch, 0.2.)

JoyD.
PS - cpap.com currently has 25% off with the code: PREBF22

Additional Comments: CPAP Pr 13.8; EPR:3 Full; Heated Hose; Nexcare blue mouth-tape; PurSleep Buckwheat Hull Pillow; Caldera Releaf Collar.
Other Accessories & Software: Wellue O2 Ring; OSCAR; SleepHQ Pro.

JoyD.

Post by JoyD. » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:28 am

Wearing my new F&P Evora Hybrid Mask . . . didn't seem much different to me than wearing my F&P Zest Nasal mask. Sleeping on the side of my face was just a bit trickier, but it worked on my buckwheat pillow. My new hose management system made switching from side to side easier. https://imgur.com/ZtQW5Ob

As you look at my reports below, you will see a large block of white in the center. At 10:00pm (22:00) the 3-yo child in the condo above (who doesn't get put to bed until close to midnight was banging on the floor (jumping? toys?). That was during SESSION 2 (I was awake or in Stage 1 S/W Sleep that whole session! I finally got up & decided to stay up for an hour & settle down . . . hence, the hour of "white space".

OSCAR Reports: 11/19/22
DAILY VIEW: https://imgur.com/a/dtB734X
STATISTICS: https://imgur.com/a/jKWHX4q

I did up the Minimum pressure by 0.2 = 10.2. I forgot to change my settings to FULL FACE mask. It was on NASAL mask from the night before. Will this affect anything? -- Not that there is much reliability in the data anyway with all the disruption & SWj during Session 2 & the end of Session 3. I imagine I'll be tired today, unlike the last two days when I felt alert & good all day. -- I thought it was interesting that using the FFM the first night didn't indicate that a higher pressure is needed compared w/ my nasal mask. (I don't think I was ever supine, though, last night & maybe I didn't even get any deep REM sleep??).

I had my new Wellue O2 ring on all night. I was glad to see that my O2 saturation never dropped below 90. But my pulse rate had a high of 98, average of 59 AND LOW OF 34!(adult normal: 60-80)!! Maybe that's what's causing my increased PVCs on EKG and Holter monitor (or vice versa). I'll definitely take some print-outs to my cardiologist when I see him next. (In fact, I may email them to him sooner.)

Any comments on my continuing saga . . .??

JoyD.

Additional Comments: CPAP Pr 13.8; EPR:3 Full; Heated Hose; Nexcare blue mouth-tape; PurSleep Buckwheat Hull Pillow; Caldera Releaf Collar.
Last edited by JoyD. on Sat Nov 26, 2022 8:09 pm, edited 7 times in total.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:39 am

JoyD. wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:28 am
I forgot to change my settings to FULL FACE mask. It was on NASAL mask from the night before. Will this affect anything? -
Nope. Won't be anything earth shattering happen to the data. Maybe slight difference in leak rate graph numbers and that's about it.
I once tried a full face mask for a week before I remembered to change the mask setting from pillows to full and I really looked for some sort of big difference in something and I just couldn't spot anything that stood out. Some very minor leak number differences which were so small that could also just as easily been the normal variance that we might have night to night anyway.

No big deal.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

Rubicon

Post by Rubicon » Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:52 am

zonker wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:26 pm
well that didn't work.
Dog Slobber wrote:
Sat Nov 19, 2022 12:22 pm
There are two methods to do this, the one you described. And the one I described, which is available after you start composing your message.
but THAT did!

will play around with this and leave this thread alone.

thanks, boss.
I always have trouble with quotes.

I use a laptop with a large flat screen monitor via the HDMI to be able to view the details of waveforms.

However, I don't like sitting too close to the monitor and fry all that melatonin so I actually view the monitor through my Android in selfie mode.

Since I would otherwise be looking at the back of the phone I view the resulting image in a mirror.

However, this ends up reversing the quoted forum member:

rebbolS goD wrote:
...siht od ot sdohtem owt era ereht
Technology.

Really.
Freeze this moment a little bit longer.
Make each sensation a little bit stronger.
Experience slips away.

robysue1

Post by robysue1 » Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:01 pm

Joy D.,

I'm sympathetic to the fact that the noise from the upstairs neighbors is problematic for you.

But I'm also sympathetic to those upstairs neighbors with a 3 year old kid and a husband who doesn't get home from work until 11:00pm. You answered your own question about why this couple doesn't put the 3 year old down "at a decent hour" when you wrote:
I don't know (maybe to see his dad when he gets home).
That is exactly why they are currently letting the 3 year old stay up: It gives him some time with his daddy and to give his daddy some time with the kid. It also probably allows their 3 year old to actually sleep until 9AM rather than waking up at 6AM, and that most likely allows the father to get more sleep in the morning since he is working a job that keeps him from coming home until 11:00 pm each night.

Of course, none of that helps your problem of a kid making noise on your bedroom ceiling and waking you up after you've gone to bed around 8:00pm and fallen asleep.

Are both condos one-bedrooms? If not, perhaps the easiest fix is to switch your bedroom to the other room. Or you could try asking the upstairs couple to have the kid play in a room that is not immediately above your bedroom after 8 pm.

I also want to ask a question. You write:
At any rate, here I am 81 years old with severe sleep apnea, trying to get to bed at 8:00-8:30 and STAY ASLEEP.
Do you think that if the 3 year old wasn't living above you that you'd be able to go to sleep at 8:00pm and stay asleep all the way until 6:00 AM?

If so, then I think you may be overestimating your ability to stay asleep for 10 solid hours in the best of circumstances. I know that my elderly mother-in-law (who had no sleep apnea) would complain a lot of the time about how she just could not stay asleep all night long when she went to bed by around 9:00pm. And there were no noisy neighbors upstairs waking her up. The simple fact was that her sleep needs had changed as she aged and she would sleep "better" when she went to bed a couple of hours later in the sense that she was more likely to sleep all the way through to morning without waking up and having trouble getting back to sleep. But when she did that, she also accepted that she'd often need an afternoon nap to recharge her batteries. She came to appreciate taking those afternoon naps by the time she died at 98 from COPD related problems.
Joined as robysue on 9/18/10. Forgot my password & the email I used was on a machine that has long since died & gone to computer heaven.

Correct number of posts is 7250 as robysue + what I have as robysue1

Profile pic: Frozen Niagara Falls

JoyD.

Post by JoyD. » Sun Nov 20, 2022 1:08 pm

robysue1 wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 12:01 pm
But I'm also sympathetic to those upstairs neighbors with a 3 year old kid and a husband who doesn't get home from work until 11:00pm.
Exactly, so am I. As I said, they are very nice people, we get along well, and I want to keep it that way. It just gets very frustrating when the banging is all day long and all evening until midnight . . . day after day. That's why ultimately I may need to move. They are just living their lives.
Are both condos one-bedrooms? If not, perhaps the easiest fix is to switch your bedroom to the other room. Or you could try asking the upstairs couple to have the kid play in a room that is not immediately above your bedroom after 8 pm.
No, our condos are 2 BR/2 baths. The noise is in the LR above mine, but the condos are not large, and the noise is loud in every room. It's above me during the daytime (but I wear either earplugs or ANC earphones during the day.) At night, I shut the BR door, but the noise is just as loud coming from the LR, so changing BRs wouldn't help.
Do you think that if the 3 year old wasn't living above you that you'd be able to go to sleep at 8:00pm and stay asleep all the way until 6:00 AM?
NO, not at all. I go to bed at 8:00pm now since I have been having CPAP problems, interrupting sleep with getting up to pee, or tossing from side to side, ending up with lots of SWj from being in Stage 1 sleep much of the time . . . and hoped going to bed earlier might end up giving me the opportunity to accumulate more than 4 or 5 hours sleep. Whether that will help remains to be seen.

At any rate, bringing up the issue of the noise in the condo above me is not anyone's problem but mine . . . and I need to get back on track focusing on the issues at hand, re improving my experience with sleep, optimizing my Minimum pressure, and decreasing my AHI. I apologize for bringing up my personal issues which really is not relevant to this forum.

JoyD.

Last edited by JoyD. on Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:32 am, edited 1 time in total.

zonker

Post by zonker » Sun Nov 20, 2022 6:30 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:52 am

Since I would otherwise be looking at the back of the phone I view the resulting image in a mirror.

rebbolS goD wrote:
Technology.

Really.
hmmmm...i may have to start calling him god slobber from now on.
people say i'm self absorbed.
but that's enough about them.
Oscar-Win
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1-Win64.exe
Oscar-Mac
https://www.apneaboard.com/OSCAR/OSCAR-1.5.1.dmg

JoyD.

Post by JoyD. » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:14 am

I HAVE AN OSCAR QUESTION - WHY CAN'T I DOWNLOAD MY DATA THIS MORNING?

After clicking on OSCAR in the dock of my MacBook Air laptop, which takes me to the Welcome Page . . . when I put my SD card in the Mac card reader, as usual, & clicked on the red Import Icon, it looks like it is downloading my data, but it DIDN'T! -- I did have the SD card unlocked when I used it last night, and LOCKED when I put it in my card reader this morning.

The Daily View, Overview, & Statistics icons are dimmed, and unresponsive when I click on them. -- I tried re-installing OSCAR and still the same thing.

The only thing different about this morning is that LAST NIGHT, my Mac had an Update to Ventura 13.0.1 . . . so I updated. Do you think this could this have affected my Oscar App? (As I said, I moved the old OSCAR icon to the trash & reinstalled it this morning.)

Any Mac or OSCAR wizards out there?

Thanks,
JoyD.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:29 am

JoyD. wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:14 am

After clicking on OSCAR in the dock of my MacBook Air laptop, which takes me to the Welcome Page . . . when I put my SD card in the Mac card reader, as usual, & clicked on the red Import Icon, it looks like it is downloading my data, but it DIDN'T! Yes, I did have the SD card unlocked when I used it last night, and LOCKED when I put it in my card reader this morning.

The Daily View, Overview, & Statistics icons are dimmed, and unresponsive when I click on them. -- I tried re-installing OSCAR and still the same thing.

The only thing different about this morning is that LAST NIGHT, my Mac had an Update to Ventura 13.0.1 -- so I updated. Do you think this could this have affected my Oscar App? (As I said, I moved the old OSCAR icon to the trash & reinstalled it this morning.)

Thanks,
JoyD.
Post your problem here so that BlueDragon will see it
viewtopic/t184531/OSCAR-140-Released--June-17-2022.html
I don't think he is following your therapy thread.

and I use a PC so I am zero help with Macs.

If you want to try the Eclipse mask and want a special promo code to get a little off the price...send me a private message.

JoyD.

Post by JoyD. » Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:44 am

Pugsy wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:29 am
Post your problem here so that BlueDragon will see it
viewtopic/t184531/OSCAR-140-Released--June-17-2022.html
I don't think he is following your therapy thread.
and I use a PC so I am zero help with Macs.
Done! Thanks Pugsy. :)

ejbpesca

Post by ejbpesca » Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:09 am

JoyD. wrote:
Mon Nov 21, 2022 10:14 am

After clicking on OSCAR in the dock of my MacBook Air laptop, which takes me to the Welcome Page . . . when I put my SD card in the Mac card reader, as usual, & clicked on the red Import Icon, it looks like it is downloading my data, but it DIDN'T! -- I did have the SD card unlocked when I used it last night, and LOCKED when I put it in my card reader this morning.

The only thing different about this morning is that LAST NIGHT, my Mac had an Update to Ventura 13.0.1 . . . so I updated. Do you think this could this have affected my Oscar App? (As I said, I moved the old OSCAR icon to the trash & reinstalled it this morning.)

Thanks,
JoyD.
I have MacBook Air. The Ventura update did not affect data uploads to OSCAR for me. I leave my SD card from an AirSense 10 unlocked. I install the SD to the Mac with an SD to C port adapter, icon appears on desktop, then I launch OSCAR from its icon on the desktop. So far so good. I use Duck Duck Go. Those tiny lock switches on SDs are tricky. I've never needed to lock an SD card for any device.

JoyD.

Post by JoyD. » Tue Nov 22, 2022 4:16 pm

ejbpesca wrote:
Tue Nov 22, 2022 5:09 am
I have MacBook Air. The Ventura update did not affect data uploads to OSCAR for me. I leave my SD card from an AirSense 10 unlocked. I install the SD to the Mac with an SD to C port adapter, icon appears on desktop, then I launch OSCAR from its icon on the desktop. So far so good. I use Duck Duck Go. Those tiny lock switches on SDs are tricky. I've never needed to lock an SD card for any device.
EJ, thanks for letting me know that the Ventura update is not likely to be the problem! That's good to know. Re. the locked or unlocked SD card . . . I've always locked mine before reading and it always worked before, so I don't think that's the issue.

What is this SD to C port adapter? Is it a card reader?? Do you put the SD card in the reader, then plug it into your Mac using a USB adapter . . . before importing? Do you click on the red SD card icon on the OSCAR Welcome page, or do you go up to OSCAR's File and click on Import Oscar Data from there? Then, after it finishes importing, are the Daily View, Statistics, etc responsive to click on taking you to those reports? (I do all that with my Card Reader . . . but nothing gets imported because the Daily View, etc remain faded & unresponsive.)

This is really weird . . . I had no problem in the past importing my SD card data to the new version of OSCAR before . . . all of a sudden my routine didn't work anymore. Previous to my import problems I had to redo my Profile because that was disappearing. What am I missing?

What does the ICON look like that appears on your desktop? All I see on my desktop is an icon that says "Oscar Installer". When I click on that, it just takes me back to the install process (dragging the Oscar icon into the App Folder). AND YET, when I look in Applications OR Launchpad the OSCAR icon is there, so I assume that it is installed!

Joy

lynninnj

Post by lynninnj » Tue Nov 22, 2022 8:39 pm

Rubicon wrote:
Sun Nov 20, 2022 9:52 am

I always have trouble with quotes.

I use a laptop with a large flat screen monitor via the HDMI to be able to view the details of waveforms.

However, I don't like sitting too close to the monitor and fry all that melatonin so I actually view the monitor through my Android in selfie mode.

rebbolS goD wrote:
Technology.

Really.
That’s just freaky. lol

Beware the schoolyard bullies, mean girls, and fragile male egos. Move along if you can’t be kind.

ejbpesca

Post by ejbpesca » Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:25 am

I got O2 Ring data into OSCAR finally. What a task, for me, anyway. The proper file type had to come from my Android phone's ViHealth app. The 02 Insight Pro app for Mac does not offer proper file type import to OSCAR. Android File Transfer app got the ViaHealth app phone files to the Mac and from there to OSCAR.

I was going to post a screenshot of what appears to be a successful sleep report with O2 data here but once again, "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." So no upload of OSCAR screenshot today.

I guess I should delete all my attachments thus far to help with that problem, or maybe someone in control of the server that provides Cpaptalk will purge the system.

I have a concern about the Lookee Wellue Viatom 02 Ring. I can get a cluster of events lasting 30 minutes that shows my O2 dropping from 97 to 75 in about 20 seconds then coming back up to 97 in 12 seconds. That does not seem possible, but then I do not know. Someone suggested it is false data and possibly in my sleep I moved to cause the O2 Ring to fail for 30 minutes. I hope that is the case.

I get tightly packed clusters of apneas from my Cpap machine's reports. I wonder too if they are accurate or something went wrong with the machine's ability to sense breathing.

Pugsy

Post by Pugsy » Wed Nov 23, 2022 11:27 am

ejbpesca wrote:
Wed Nov 23, 2022 10:25 am
I was going to post a screenshot of what appears to be a successful sleep report with O2 data here but once again, "Sorry, the board attachment quota has been reached." So no upload of OSCAR screenshot today.

I guess I should delete all my attachments thus far to help with that problem, or maybe someone in control of the server that provides Cpaptalk will purge the system.
See this please

viewtopic/t183806/EVERYONE-PLEASE-READ- ... MENTS.html

The administrator was long ago notified about the attachment storage being full and all I got was crickets.
I don't have the powers to purge the old storage or I would do it.
No one else seems to care.

It is what it is...we used this forum for years and years without the ability to use the attachment feature...we just have to do it again.
Host the images on some other image hosting website.